We are looking for a skilled Baja 1000 chase truck lead driver. We will be soloing the race on a Can Am 1000 Outlander in Class 26. Below is what we have put together so far and what we are looking for.
- Driver is Don Higbee from Casper WY, owner of Driven Powersports Can Am / Polaris. Finished V to R last year solo and has completed 8 + 10 hr or longer races, currently 2nd in GNCC 4X4 senior for this year.
- 3 other skilled passengers are on board that have pitted for Don before 2 are certified Can Am mechanics and the other one has handled logistics before.
- 1 Chase vehicle
- Minimal pre-running will be done. We will arrive in Ensenda on Tuesday.
- We will have a spare parts ATV with us.
- Chase Vehicle is a 2012 F-350 Dually with low miles
- Rooms are booked at the Bajamar.
- We will use Baja Pits for a pit service for the basics.
What we need:
- We do not know BAJA. We need someone who has chased Baja before and preferably someone who speaks the language.
- We need someone who is safety minded but wants to be part of a team that races hard (we also like to celebrate afterwords)
- We run a first class operation and will be well prepped both machine wise and rider wise, we are looking for someone that wants to be part of it.
- You won't spend a dime and we will discuss a daily fee that will be paid to the right person.
- The person will be the lead driver and be expected to know where they are going and know what to do at a 100% level.
If you are interested send us a PM or call Don at 307-251-3004. Thanks in advance and we look forward to hearing from you.