User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
hayduke.klr07 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Tour de Wyoming VII

Finally got all the photos together and trying a different format this year.

Had to pretty much re-work the plan due to the mad amounts of rain in Colorado and southern Wyoming. Weather was pretty decent considering it rained on us 7 out of the 9 days and one complete rain out day in Lander. It made for some pretty greasy conditions every now and again.

1500ish miles, 65/35- dirt/tarmac.

Managed both primary goals: the Grays River Road in the Wyoming Range and the Beaver Rim Road across the Beaver Divide. A lot of folks probably know about the Grays but the Beaver Rim not so much. 130 miles of dirt, mostly two track. Nothing but Pronghorn, wild horses, and Sage Brush. It more or less takes you from Hudson to the Dry Creek Road to Pathfinder Reservoir. One of the best we have ridden in the state.

Hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/cQAhj3_rFwc
hayduke.klr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
boydracing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Awesome Video!

Thanks for posting Hayduke! I'm so ready to ride!!! Still setting in about 10 inches of snow. This helps take the edge off of the cabin fever stupper I'm in!
boydracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
SIPNLIFE
Salty Dog

Oddometer: 32
Thumb Taking the Hard Way Home!

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing. Got to do this trip one day. Liquid sunshine doesn't bother me, but the dang hail looked like it might hurt! More scared of the hot stuff that comes with!
SIPNLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Mcgee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Thanks for the great video! I was raised in Wy and so many of the places you rode are very familiar to me. Brings back many memories. Looking forward to when I can go there and ride again.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #5
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Bouncing off the freakin walls in Ten Sleep right now. Gotta save up some coin for a snowbike kit next year so I don't shoot myself in the head. Looking forward to checking out the video.

Justin

Edit:

Ha! Excellent! Were you guys accosted by a random dude at the Pony Express gas station in Ten Sleep?? If so, that was me. At any rate, I lived in one of those houses at Orchard Ranch (3:00) in the mid 1970s, and my dad and I crashed our Cessna 150 (well... tipped it up on it's nose anyway) at that airfield at 3:10. Man you aren't kidding, these roads are like riding on whale snot with the right amount of rain. Loved the video, great soundtrack. Just what a cabin fever'd out guy needed. Or not...

Edit again - That might be Hampton's before you go through Mohagany Butte into Orchard ranch... either way, very close. Been many years since I"ve been out there...

And again - On Tour Wyoming VIII make sure to stop by the Ten Sleep Brewing Co. and say hello.

K_N_Fodder screwed with this post 02-09-2014 at 05:59 PM
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #6
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,548
Nice pics, where's the bridge at the end of the video?
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #7
zgfiredude
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
Very cool territory, I want to wander around up that way this summer........you wouldn't have a route for this would you?
Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 PM   #8
WYO George
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 420
Nice video!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #9
hayduke.klr07 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N_Fodder View Post
Bouncing off the freakin walls in Ten Sleep right now. Gotta save up some coin for a snowbike kit next year so I don't shoot myself in the head. Looking forward to checking out the video.

Justin

Edit:

Ha! Excellent! Were you guys accosted by a random dude at the Pony Express gas station in Ten Sleep?? If so, that was me. At any rate, I lived in one of those houses at Orchard Ranch (3:00) in the mid 1970s, and my dad and I crashed our Cessna 150 (well... tipped it up on it's nose anyway) at that airfield at 3:10. Man you aren't kidding, these roads are like riding on whale snot with the right amount of rain. Loved the video, great soundtrack. Just what a cabin fever'd out guy needed. Or not...

Edit again - That might be Hampton's before you go through Mohagany Butte into Orchard ranch... either way, very close. Been many years since I"ve been out there...

And again - On Tour Wyoming VIII make sure to stop by the Ten Sleep Brewing Co. and say hello.
Yes, we do remember you. We talked about how we want to get to that new brewery! You know, that nowood road is about as pretty as they come.

The bridge at the end is the Fremont canyon bridge. It crosses the north plate river between alcova and pathfinder reservoirs.

Not so sure on the gps tracks. Will need to check with the guy with the gps.
hayduke.klr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,884
I liked it so let's embed it and save another tab.......

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #11
srelegante
srelegante

Oddometer: 199
Fantastic trip

Thanks for sharing! I watched the video whilst I finished my scotch, after being at the hospital all day. Great therapy.

Did I see an XR, a BMW HP and a KLR? Not that it matters, just curious.

That Gillette county is one of the wealthiest per capita in the country. My dad's ex-wife had family there. We stayed there a couple of times passing thru on the bikes.

SE
srelegante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:04 AM   #12
Ontario GS
Budding Adv. Traveler

Oddometer: 389
Excellent video, brought back great memories of the West!

Husqvarna TE250 (The Gator) -- 10 KTM 690 Enduro

Life ain't about how fast you ride, or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.
Ontario GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #13
K_N_Fodder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayduke.klr07 View Post
Yes, we do remember you. We talked about how we want to get to that new brewery! You know, that nowood road is about as pretty as they come.
Cool. Yes that's a pretty road, we had a ranch out there about 20 miles, a mile or two before the gravel, that I grew up on until I was about 13. Ripped the entire place on my CR80... I went back probably 15 years later and you could still see my trails.
K_N_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote