ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
Dirty bike OP
Eval Innovations Inc

Oddometer: 808
Rumbux Crash Bars for KTM 1190 Adventure

Rumbux Adventure Products in South Africa has been building crash bars for the Super Tenere and other various goodies for some time. I've been importing them to the US for about 18 months now and the quality is consistent and excellent, as is the protection for the bike.

They are expanding their awesome 3-Part crash bar system to the KTM 1190 Adventure and are currently in prototype and testing phase now. I don't have a time line on when they will be available for order, but expect it to be later this summer. I know the 1190s are just starting to hit the States, so wanted to post this info for those looking for a crash bar system for their 1190s.

I expect pricing to be similar to the Super Ten products, but won't know for sure until I get final pricing from Rumbux. Right now, the 3-Part kits for the Super Tenere, (Upper Crash Bars, Lower Bash Frame and Skid Plate) are $775, delivered to the lower 48 US States.

The Rumbux 3-Part kit is an integrated unit where the 4.5mm aluminum skid plate is bolted to the lower bash frame, not the bike. The lower bash frame is bolted to the bike and to the upper crash bar and the upper crash bar is one piece that spans all the way across the bike to help spread impact forces across the entire unit, not just to one set of mounting points. The lower and upper frames are 1" dia, (25mm), steel tubing throughout.

Got a preference? Orange or Black powder coating? Both are now available for the same price. The orange does now match the KTM orange.

If you want to put a deposit on a set or have questions, give me a call. I have brought these in and the quality and attention to detail is outstanding.

Eric V.
EVal Innovations Inc.
Ivins, UT
435-817-0809

Here are some pictures to tempt you.

Dirty bike screwed with this post 02-20-2014 at 07:06 PM
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #2
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
shame about the red orange paint but they look good !
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #3
Unruled
950S

Oddometer: 118
That's more like a rollcage than a crashbar :P
Old 05-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #4
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,240
Eric,

Any ideas if this reduces cornering clearance, or are the pegs still the first to go down?

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 AM   #5
TIGERRIDER007
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Look pretty good

Damn! I don't even own one, and I want to buy the bars....okay, looking forward to pursuing the dream of owning one, once they get stateside.
TIGERRIDER007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,556
KTM have said they worked quite hard to get the weight of the main frame down to 9.8kg.

How much does the roll cage weigh?

Certainly does look effective.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
Dirty bike OP
Eval Innovations Inc

@Tancakar - Yeah, not quite a color match there. I suspect that will improve to more of a KTM color on production versions. They usually just go with black, it matches everything, but the KTM market does seem to like Orange.

@Unruled - The Rumbux stuff is very tough. Great for being able to ride back out of someplace after an 'aww sh*#' moment. It's the only integrated crash bar/skid plate system I am aware of and I wanted it for my Super Ten so much that I started a company just to import them into the US.

@AC - Unknown if it affects cornering clearance. The 1190 is narrower than the Super Ten to start with and I believe has more ground clearance as well. I am sure the peg touches down first, but how soon after that or if it is possible that the crash bars will drag is unknown. As usual, some of that will depend on the rider, suspension set up and conditions.

For those not aware, on the Super Tenere with the Rumbux 3-Part kit like shown here on the 1190, the crash bars will drag very shortly after the pegs do and can lever the rear tire off the ground. (there have been two crashes that I am aware of where this was a causative factor) The reality is at some point, all bikes will drag hard parts and we have to ride within the limitations of how we set up our bikes.

@TIGERRIDER007 - Yep, sexy as hell! They are also working on kits for the BMW F800GS family. The big trailies get expensive when they go down and the Rumbux system does a lot for mitigating damage.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
Dirty bike OP
Eval Innovations Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
KTM have said they worked quite hard to get the weight of the main frame down to 9.8kg.

How much does the roll cage weigh?

Certainly does look effective.
The whole kit on the Super Ten weighs 23 lbs, (10.4 kg.) I don't know for sure what the kit for the 1190 weighs as it's still in prototype phase. Where it fits, it is not noticeable to most when riding the bike. Besides, you need to protect that thin wall main frame!

Good point though! For the light and fast crowd, this may be over kill. OTOH, it sucks to push your bike out of the bush or have to leave it and walk out.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
Dirty bike OP
Eval Innovations Inc

Deleted to move to a vendor forum thread. New order happening now!

Dirty bike screwed with this post 11-19-2013 at 04:08 PM
Old 11-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #10
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 406
IMHO they need to offer them in KTM orange and black as I'm guessing the market will be split on color. I also think they need to get these to market ASAP as the US bikes will be hitting showroom floors in the next few weeks. Just my take, and the product looks great BTW
Old 11-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #11
Dirty bike OP
Eval Innovations Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Mountain View Post
IMHO they need to offer them in KTM orange and black as I'm guessing the market will be split on color. I also think they need to get these to market ASAP as the US bikes will be hitting showroom floors in the next few weeks. Just my take, and the product looks great BTW
Check out the vendor thread. They matched the KTM Orange and offer both orange and black at the same price. There is a You tube vid link on the other thread. I didn't want to step on my Johnson by posting for sale stuff in a non-vendor forum.

I agree on getting to market ASAP, but getting them from South Africa to the US takes time and at the moment, I'm the only importer. I believe that will shortly change as I told them to pursue other vendors if the opportunity arose. I just don't have the where with all to stock product in quantity, I order upon demand. That means a 6-8 week wait for customers, but hopefully a competitive price. The KTM stuff is significantly more expensive at distributor cost than the Super Tenere products, and all went up not long ago.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
Dirty bike OP
Eval Innovations Inc

Bump - I'm placing an order with Rumbux on Wed. Nov 27th. Give me a shout if you want to get in on this order.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #13
ib greg
Mustachio

Oddometer: 38
Ktm

Eric

PM sent

Greg
Old 12-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #14
Dirty bike OP
Eval Innovations Inc

PM Received and replied to.

It's getting last minute for me to add additional sets to the current order, but I have one set of KTM bars in this order on speculation. I currently have that in Orange color, but if someone speaks up that Black is preferred, I can still change that. And will be able to for another week or two at the outside.

EricV
Old 12-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #15
Toors
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
just fitted rumbux front and rear - fantastic build quality and will definitely do the job - I am glad to report that the orange now matches the KTM orange.

If you take the fact that it actually includes a bash plate then it is not much heavier than KTM bars plus KTM bashplate
Toors is offline   Reply With Quote