ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome
 
yooperbikemike's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: The blue groove
Oddometer: 12,500
MotoGP: Sausagering (Spoilers uber alles)

Dovizioso to race new MotoGP Ducati GP13 at the Sachsenring
__________________
"...people in the stands want to see good, close racing. The thing is to put on a show, and that’s what’s going to draw people in..." -- Scotty Parker



yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post

We placing odds on this one actually turning.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
SquadraCorse
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SquadraCorse's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: San Jose, Cali
Oddometer: 133
I don't think the bike can be that great if Nicky is running the current rig instead. Will be an interesting comparison between the two. Assen was about as embarrassing as it gets for those guys.
__________________
2013 RallyMoto Overall/Dakar Champ

http://styleperpound.blogspot.com/
BMW R1100S Light | KLX 400
SquadraCorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento CA
Oddometer: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadraCorse View Post
I don't think the bike can be that great if Nicky is running the current rig instead. Will be an interesting comparison between the two. Assen was about as embarrassing as it gets for those guys.
Hayden has found a set up he likes with the current bike. Once the new bike is sorted im sure he will change over to it.

I really hope they give Ben the next "New"bike". He has no set of of his own on the old bike and it would be a waste of time for him to work on one at this point. He should start on the new bike since that is the direction they will be going.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
5th-Elefant
Beastly Adventurer
 
5th-Elefant's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Oddometer: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
Hayden has found a set up he likes with the current bike. Once the new bike is sorted im sure he will change over to it.

I really hope they give Ben the next "New"bike". He has no set of of his own on the old bike and it would be a waste of time for him to work on one at this point. He should start on the new bike since that is the direction they will be going.
When spies gets back they'll be able to turn his motors up to eleven. New bike or old, it'll be fast in a straight line.
5th-Elefant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th-Elefant View Post
When spies gets back they'll be able to turn his motors up to eleven. New bike or old, it'll be fast in a straight line.
Honda's Furusawa said the Yamaha is very good in the corners, the Honda is very good on acceleration, and the Ducati is very powerful but they are unable to put the power to the ground.

What happens now is, they get on the throttle and the bike goes wide making them need to close the throttle. No bueno.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 46,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadraCorse View Post
I don't think the bike can be that great if Nicky is running the current rig instead. Will be an interesting comparison between the two. Assen was about as embarrassing as it gets for those guys.
Think about this:

Nicky and Dovi are usually one after the other on the same bikes.

So, put one on the new bike, keep one on the old for the race weekend, and you have as near as perfect test conditions.

Nicky on the old bike makes the most sense, they have the most benchmark data with him to start with.


Were I the team boss: since we're not fighting for any points and this is a development year, let's maximize the limited track time we get with our 'A' riders.


Seems logical.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Think about this:

Nicky and Dovi are usually one after the other on the same bikes.

So, put one on the new bike, keep one on the old for the race weekend, and you have as near as perfect test conditions.

Nicky on the old bike makes the most sense, they have the most benchmark data with him to start with.


Were I the team boss: since we're not fighting for any points and this is a development year, let's maximize the limited track time we get with our 'A' riders.


Seems logical.
Maybe they won't give Nicky the new bike?
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #9
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 46,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Maybe they won't give Nicky the new bike?
I wouldn't for now, based on the best testing criteria for the team.

Plus, they only have one frame right now.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #10
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
I am curious to see if they have one for Nicky to try on Friday.

Nicky says he didn't even get to try the frame Dovi is going to ride with.
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #11
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Kropotkin's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Dieren, The Low Low Lands of Holland
Oddometer: 7,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
I am curious to see if they have one for Nicky to try on Friday.

Nicky says he didn't even get to try the frame Dovi is going to ride with.

Hayden really doesn't like the new frame. Keeps saying it isn't an improvement.
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
joef
Gnarly Adventurer
 
joef's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Western Ct.
Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Just steal a HRC RC213V
joef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #13
mdubya
Right Brigade
 
mdubya's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: western, MD
Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Hayden really doesn't like the new frame. Keeps saying it isn't an improvement.
Didn't Dovi try a new frame at Misano?
__________________
+0
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento CA
Oddometer: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Didn't Dovi try a new frame at Misano?

This is a newer version of the new frame.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
This is a newer version of the new frame.
New and improved New Coke.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014