ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #121
geenumber5@gmail.com
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hey,Can i get on the list?
geenumber5@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #122
Lumberjeff
River City MC

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMacW650 View Post
So far, I have a list of people more than I have the plates for. But many of them will probably back out. I took the names down in the order of the request. I will contact everyone in order.
Not sure where I am on the list but I have my card in hand and am ready to buy.

Thank you for the hard work and I hope to be one of the lucky riders to own your set up.
1979 VESPA P125X/166cc
I'M THIRSTY FOR A HARMON BEER
Lumberjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #123
BMacW650 OP

Oddometer: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumberjeff View Post
Not sure where I am on the list but I have my card in hand and am ready to buy.

Thank you for the hard work and I hope to be one of the lucky riders to own your set up.
You are on my list (and will get one), quite far down in order, but I'm only contacting people who explicitly said they want one. Everyone else who just said, 'interested', are on the back of the list (even if they expressed the interest earlier).

It's a one man factory trying to make all the connectors, soldering all the wires and crimped connection.

BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #124
BT4Stroke
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Twin Hella Lights

I have been watching this thread since it started, Please add me to your list a definite want and ready to buy. Outstanding work.
BT4Stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #125
Mesjr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Put me on the list too !
Mesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #126
CoFloW
Pray For Snow.

Oddometer: 26
The List********

Have $$$ Burning holes in my pockets to get ahold of one!! Content on not buying that hand cannon for x-mas!
CoFloW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #127
BMacW650 OP

This is what I have been sending out to people.

1. fully ready wiring harness (you need to add your fav low beam kill switch yourself, it depends on the mounting location)
2. 2 Hella Lamps (high, low)
3. 1 35W HID kit to be used in the low beam lamp
4. Mounting plate and hardwares
5. Headlight mask over the twin lamps

Let me know the colors you would prefer. (black, white, yellow, red). I'm also experimenting with the KTM orange. If you want one

On top of that, if you have a US Stock headlight unit, you need to let me know if you want me to drill a hole in the high beam lamp to accept the rubber base of the running light from the stock light. This could be done later on your own. (see picture below)

I'm also working on a hard lens protector. Went through couple iterations already wasted a ton of money and material. Getting close, will provide detail on cost later.

$350, If you are in US, we will split shipping (USPS Priority) $40/2=$20. Everyone else we will have to figure this shit out later. [I've been covering full shipping to the first few sets I send out so far. But it's just wait too high to make it worthwhile for all my time and effort. ]

It takes me a lot of time to assemble and test these things. And I'm only making these a few at a time. Due to cost reasons, I don't stock pile the Hella lamps. So I've been sending out PM's to people a few at time. Once I have confirmation, I order the hella lamps based on the number of people that responded and my schedule.

If you get a PM and you don't reply within 3 days. I will move on to the next person on the list. Should you reply later, I will still make you one, it's just I can't guaranty the ones I'm making will be sent to you first.

It's been below freezing every day/night. I've been busying making these things one at a time. I will try to get some more pictures and post more info.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The hella high beam lamp has a platform on the bottom, which is flat. It can be drilled to plug in a running light. This is what I have done with mine. You can fit the stock US running light bulb with it's rubber base directly in there.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #128
Lumberjeff
River City MC

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Let me know the colors you would prefer. (black, white, yellow, red). I'm also experimenting with the KTM orange. If you want one

On top of that, if you have a US Stock headlight unit, you need to let me know if you want me to drill a hole in the high beam lamp to accept the rubber base of the running light from the stock light. This could be done later on your own.
I would like mine drilled and I would be interested in the Orange or Black trim.

Thank you.
1979 VESPA P125X/166cc
I'M THIRSTY FOR A HARMON BEER
Lumberjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #129
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,558
Quote:
I don't want to crap-over/tangent Bmac's thread but I'm curious if anyone has installed a 55w H9 HID kit into a Hella H9 90mm. I'm curious on long term-longevity of the optics due to greater heat output, whether it produces significant additional light output compared to the 35w etc etc. Apart from a possible larger ballast, fitment of the 55w should be same as 35w.

If you have info to share, please send me a PM.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #130
BMacW650 OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit View Post
I don't want to crap-over/tangent Bmac's thread but I'm curious if anyone has installed a 55w H9 HID kit into a Hella H9 90mm. I'm curious on long term-longevity of the optics due to greater heat output, whether it produces significant additional light output compared to the 35w etc etc. Apart from a possible larger ballast, fitment of the 55w should be same as 35w.

If you have info to share, please send me a PM.
I think I touched on this in the PMs we exchanged. Unlike halogen bulbs, HID does not 'burn' a filament. So the extra wattage does not directly(proportionally) translate into heat. Also the housing is designed to withstand heat from 55w halogen bulbs which run quite a bit hotter than HID.

I have ran both the 55w and 35w ballast on my 60mm projector before, and found that the difference in color and brightness is so minute, going with the 35w unit is the better overall option. [Less load on the system, and the ballast much smaller in size.]

Others can chip in, but you might have better luck posting or searching on many of the car forums where people retrofit hella projectors with hid on corvettes and thunderbird.

Honestly. The cost of HID kits are very reasonable. It's not that big of an overhead to just try both.

Good luck.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:41 PM   #131
crazybrit
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,558
Quote:
I think I touched on this in the PMs we exchanged. Unlike halogen bulbs .... I have ran both the 55w and 35w ballast on my 60mm projector before
Sorry, I thought you'd said that you'd only tried the 35w because the ballast on the 55w for the brand you used was too large. I must have misread. I've asked DDM if their 55w ballast is larger than their 35w, waiting to hear back.

Quote:
Others can chip in, but you might have better luck posting or searching on many of the car forums where people retrofit hella projectors with hid on corvettes and thunderbird.
I've done a fair bit of searching, seen quite a few people claiming to have 55w in their 90mm Hella and that greater than 55w caused damage to the assemblies but not much discussion about whether the effective light output of the 55w was significant over the 35w .... I'd not been sufficiently inclined to join one of the forums and actually post a question. I kind of trust the opinions of inmates here more, especially the ones I've seen post intelligent stuff before .... but maybe I will. I'd rather not order two.

Cheers
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #132
BMacW650 OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit View Post
Sorry, I thought you'd said that you'd only tried the 35w because the ballast on the 55w for the brand you used was too large. I must have misread. I've asked DDM if their 55w ballast is larger than their 35w, waiting to hear back.
I had the 55w and 35w on my BWM before. What I did say was , it's almost a must for the room that's left up front to use the 35w unit.

There are car people doing this then people on bikes. So the collective knowledge there is greater.

Another thing you can consider is to ask around here, since anyone buying this for a motorcycle application will likely have a spare kit. (most of them come in pairs). Someone near you might let you try them before you decided.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #133
braaap!
waiting for the big one

Oddometer: 2,351
The kit has been delivered!!!!

thanks BMac!

Bloody hell, what a kit full of goodies, great workmanship. The time involved to put this together, so neatly, professionally... Bloody marvelous!
I really appreciate your effort, time and commitment... given that this is a love job!
I'm gobsmacked and heading to the workshop :)
braaap! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #134
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,413
Id be really interested to get on that list too. Hit me up via pm if there is space.
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #135
CoFloW
Pray For Snow.

Oddometer: 26
Wicked $$$$

Quote:
This is what I have been sending out to people.

1. fully ready wiring harness (you need to add your fav low beam kill switch yourself, it depends on the mounting location)
2. 2 Hella Lamps (high, low)
4. Mounting plate and hardwares
5. Headlight mask over the twin lamps

On top of that, if you have a US Stock headlight unit, you need to let me know if you want me to drill a hole in the high beam lamp to accept the rubber base of the running light from the stock light. This could be done later on your own. (see picture below)

I'm also working on a hard lens protector. Went through couple iterations already wasted a ton of money and material. Getting close, will provide detail on cost later.

$350, If you are in US, we will split shipping (USPS Priority) $40/2=$20. Everyone else we will have to figure this shit out later. [I've been covering full shipping to the first few sets I send out so far. But it's just wait too high to make it worthwhile for all my time and effort. ]

It takes me a lot of time to assemble and test these things. And I'm only making these a few at a time. Due to cost reasons, I don't stock pile the Hella lamps. So I've been sending out PM's to people a few at time. Once I have confirmation, I order the hella lamps based on the number of people that responded and my schedule.

If you get a PM and you don't reply within 3 days. I will move on to the next person on the list. Should you reply later, I will still make you one, it's just I can't guaranty the ones I'm making will be sent to you first.

It's been below freezing every day/night. I've been busying making these things one at a time. I will try to get some more pictures and post more info.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The hella high beam lamp has a platform on the bottom, which is flat. It can be drilled to plug in a running light. This is what I have done with mine. You can fit the stock US running light bulb with it's rubber base directly in there.

hey boss man ? If you can squeeze me in I will cover shipping cost- shoot ya little more dough to buy ya round of beers at your favorite watering hole... Hole drilled and orange for color:) can pay ya anytime bubba!
CoFloW is offline   Reply With Quote