ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #16
JonU
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
What did you get? you need to PM Danimal up in LC. There is a ton of riding in NM if you want to trailer (or ride) a little. It is mostly just empty ,beautiful country. If you want to trailer over toward Deming you need to learn the share ride system as it saves a lot of $$$ and a lot of worn out dirt tires from too much asphalt riding.
Picked up a KTM 350EXC. I absolutely love it too. Since I got it, I've only driven the truck once because I couldn't get the cap off the gas tank. Took it over to the dealership and they replaced it with a different one since they could barely get it off even after greasing the tabs again.

I know what you mean though, I haven't been on the trails, but I have driven the backroads across NM. Drove from Alpine through Gila NF, and came out over at T&C before driving down I25 back when I had a 370Z. Now that I have this, it will open up even more riding options once spring comes around. Not sure how Southern NM is but a lot of the roads I drove that day had signs posted that they only get plowed at certain times of the week.
JonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:41 AM   #17
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
JonU, keep in touch. I ride a 2013 500EXC. You can PM me in Jan after I get down there. Barko1 and Danimal both ride up in LCNM also.

Get rid of that damn KTM tank and get a 3 gal Acerbis. You will need the fuel capacity up here anyway. My 500 goes 170 miles on a tank.Bonus.....you get to lose that crappy KTM gas cap system.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
Coastie3202
King of the Mountain

Oddometer: 851
I have been here for almost 20 years (70 miles north of you) and quickly found out that people in the lower half of NM and El Paso area do nothing on the weekends but sit in their houses and watch the Raiders play football. I have learned to go ride by myself. I hope you have better luck.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #19
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie3202 View Post
I have been here for almost 20 years (70 miles north of you) and quickly found out that people in the lower half of NM and El Paso area do nothing on the weekends but sit in their houses and watch the Raiders play football. I have learned to go ride by myself. I hope you have better luck.
I went to school in LC, I quickly found a ton of people to ride offroad with in Alamo, LC and EP. Many of them are still my freinds today. Maybe you're just an asshole?
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #20
mojonito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
I went to school in LC, I quickly found a ton of people to ride offroad with in Alamo, LC and EP. Many of them are still my freinds today. Maybe you're just an asshole?
Lol
Old 10-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #21
mojonito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
I'm in ep but I ride dirt mostly. 30 mile loops up to 200. I'll take the gs out if I can't get on a dirt bike for whatever reason.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #22
barko1
barko1

Oddometer: 3,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie3202 View Post

Yes there is a line across the land and everyone South of there must be as you describe. Of course they really like the Cowboys not the Raiders. Tomorrow I'm heading up to the Gila to ride for the day.
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
barko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #23
Gillus
High Desert Rat

Oddometer: 727
Were riding from Alamo to the War Eagles Museum, at Rudy's and back to Alamo on Sunday.

I think Coastie is going if you want to meet him
Gillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #24
barko1
barko1

I'd join you but the Raiders ate playing :p

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
DR650, 98 Bimota SB6R, Kawasaki 14, 67 X-6 Scrambler (apart), SL350K1 (apart), 77 Goldwing 1000, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, Triumph Daytona Super III, DR650, MZ Skorpian Sport Cup, 71 Triumph Daytona 500, KDX220
Old 11-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
JonU
Studly Adventurer

Hopefully going hunting in the morning assuming I can redneck engineer a new temporary headlight. Don't need a ticket from the MPs for no headlight.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #26
TemeculaTim
Timeteo Viejo

Oddometer: 91
Hi

I may be working in Las Cruces for 3 months starting December. Hoping to rent a place with a garage so I can bring one or both my bikes. Would love to hook up with some locals for some riding. I ride a plated CRF 450 and just picked up a Tiger.
TemeculaTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #27
SquatBirdJunior
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I'm also in for anything, just changed where I work, so I will need more planning time.

I've been doing the continental divide trail through N.M. up to Colorado this summer. Got hurt in May, broke some bike parts, had other things to do. Just wasted all of October studying and have another week of training.

Hopefully after Nov. 13th I will start wasting at least one day a week riding
Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #28
barko1
barko1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemeculaTim View Post
I may be working in Las Cruces for 3 months starting December. Hoping to rent a place with a garage so I can bring one or both my bikes. Would love to hook up with some locals for some riding. I ride a plated CRF 450 and just picked up a Tiger.

I may have a place for you to rent, with a garage (a couple of my bikes in it). The house backs up to BLM, ride the dirt bike from the garage to all sorts of great riding in the Dona Ana Mountains. PM me if interested.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #29
TemeculaTim
Timeteo Viejo

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by barko1 View Post
I may have a place for you to rent, with a garage (a couple of my bikes in it). The house backs up to BLM, ride the dirt bike from the garage to all sorts of great riding in the Dona Ana Mountains. PM me if interested.
PM sent-
TemeculaTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #30
JonU
Studly Adventurer

Going out to explore the Hueco Mountains this afternoon. We are going to start from off of Montana Avenue. Here is the coordinate of where we plan to start from.

31.836368,-106.036499

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2