Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #61
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
What I find amazing is all the nasty replies insinuating BMW riders are assholes! Not that some are not, but aren't you being the same judgemental pricks as the OP was against the Harley riders?

Amazing how some people think that insulting someone for insulting someone else somehow makes them less of a "dick" for doing it.

Carry on, and enjoy YOUR superiority!

Jim

Insinuating, I thought it was obvious that I was explaining fact, not insinuating.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #62
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 6,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
Some Harley Rider asks you why are you wearing all that gear on such a hot day...

I've been asked that many times. I don't recall ever making a big deal over it even though many of those people probably thought I was stupid for wearing all that gear...
I usually say "yassir, boss, it's hot an' misable but itsa bettern growin' new skin"

--Bill
Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #63
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2 View Post
Hey guys, I think you should take it easy on Pappy541. You see, I am that Harley a-hole he saw at the station. His story is true. I left that gas station without gassing up because I was so ashamed of my ignorance.

That tongue lashing he gave me about safety really hit home. The next day I traded my Harley for a GS. I think it will be a great bike if they can get the electrical problems figured out. I also bought a Shuberth & an Aerostich 1 pc suit. I am feeling much better about myself now.

So, no hard feelings Pappy541. I hope we can get together and intimidate kids at the skate park sometime. Maybe afterward we could ride to Starbucks and you could show me the proper way to order a latte.

Thanks
Murf

Jim
JimVonBaden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #64
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Insinuating, I thought it was obvious that I was explaining fact, not insinuating.

Since you have seniority...

Jim
Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #65
LowInSlo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Hey guys, I think you should take it easy on Pappy541. You see, I am that Harley a-hole he saw at the station. His story is true. I left that gas station without gassing up because I was so ashamed of my ignorance.

That tongue lashing he gave me about safety really hit home. The next day I traded my Harley for a GS. I think it will be a great bike if they can get the electrical problems figured out. I also bought a Shuberth & an Aerostich 1 pc suit. I am feeling much better about myself now.

So, no hard feelings Pappy541. I hope we can get together and intimidate kids at the skate park sometime. Maybe afterward we could ride to Starbucks and you could show me the proper way to order a latte.

Thanks
Murf
First: This is so full of awesome. Just perfect. My hat is off to you. Bravo, Bravo!!!

Second, Pappy, you rock. Yeah, you came off like a pretty good AH, but stepped up and admitted your error in judgement, I for one don't smell a wiff of anti any bike stench, and I applaud your grace, humility, and honesty. It takes courage and a strong commitment to the truth to take the interweb drubbing you faced. Congrats sir! Your money's no good to me. Would that everyone acted the same.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #66
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
I think the whole thing was made up BS. A look at me thread. And the title's NOT , How I made a Harley rider mad , but how to. I think he thought he'd started a thread for laughs , got called out , tried to delete and tried to sidestep. Now everybody thinks he's just misunderstood. I think he's just an ass. PS , I don't ride Harleys.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #67
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Obviously the OP is a douche, I mean he rides a BMW after all.
Hi Albie!
Old 07-17-2013, 03:29 AM   #68
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
Quote:

Thanks
Murf

Now I have to clean coffee off my monitor.....
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 AM   #69
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy541 View Post
Thanks.
I for sure made a mistake. 2 times.

My point was about a dude wanting other drivers to see him and drive accordingly. Good.
However I thought his shorts. Crocks. And a plastic lid hanging on the foot pegs was hypocritical of the message he wanted to send. My emotions got the best of me.
Not a Harley bash in any way. Just me being stupid. Sort of like your post when you jumped me. All is well I learn everyday
I can't say I'm ATTGATT. but I AM MOTGATT. Having said that, people that aren't on ADVRider either don't know or don't care about good riding gear. Trying to tell em about it isn't wanted and you get what you got at the gas station.

...but one of the things that pretty much always gets my goat is the 'you can't afford a real bike (tm)' when I'm sitting on my GS-Adv. Sure, I could buy one of those, but I like to go, turn, and stop. (but don't tell em that either!)

M
Old 07-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #70
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
This thread is classic ADV. One guy makes the wrong move insulting or pissing off another bike rider,of an un-mentionable brand.
And everybody jumps on the bandwagon insulting anything and everything that may need insulting.

Carry on,its just how it goes,vent thy spleen.
I don't see where he insulted the guy. Lecture yes, insult, no. If the harley guy was insulted by that he has very thin skin.

BUT, how many people did the Harley rider insult by wearing an idiotic shirt with profane language on it for all the world to see...including children? There are better ways to word what he is trying to get across without projecting the inbred, mouth breathing, bad ass biker image...

Just sayin...

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #71
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
'you can't afford a real bike
I like the "if it ain't a Harley it ain't shit!" comments.

"Why no, its not a harley so its not shit."

Old 07-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #72
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
There are better ways to word what he is trying to get across without projecting the inbred, mouth breathing, bad ass biker image...

Just sayin...
Now you're picking on the Hardley guys.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #73
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Now you're picking on the Hardley guys.
Nope, anyone who feels the need to show their ass to the rest of the public. Includes many more people than just harley riders. Nothing says redneck mouth breather better than rubber testicles hanging from truck hitches.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #74
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Hell, just rename it "ADVrider forums," and you'll have the same meaning.
#1 post of the year
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #75
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
I think the whole thing was made up BS. A look at me thread. And the title's NOT , How I made a Harley rider mad , but how to. I think he thought he'd started a thread for laughs , got called out , tried to delete and tried to sidestep. Now everybody thinks he's just misunderstood. I think he's just an ass. PS , I don't ride Harleys.

Jim