Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #16
stathill OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by goroka View Post
We live in the hinterland - our "street" only goes to 2 houses - first our neighbour and then us. The street sign at the turnoff says "no through road" and there is a second sign further along that makes it clear that this is a "no through road". The council allowed a temporary road closure on the section of road that continues as bush past our place and has a gate at both ends. The only place to turn around is actually literally in our back yard.

I am amazed at the number of people who rock up in our yard using the piss poor excuse that they were just reading the Iphone/GPS instructions. I try and be polite and suggest a quick read of the road signs would be helpful.

I hope that I pay similar attention when riding in unfamiliar areas.

Cheers
True indeed, mostly. If you obey the 'No thru road ' sign on the Monsildale road, for example, then you would miss a memorable ride.....
stathill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
goroka
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathill View Post
True indeed, mostly. If you obey the 'No thru road ' sign on the Monsildale road, for example, then you would miss a memorable ride.....
Point taken - have done that ride and have to say I was very uncomfortable for obvious reasons. I guess the difference for me is the fact that the only turn around is literally at our back door with the dogs going ballistic. Might add I have had the same issue with people on horseback and getting upset that the dogs are having a go at their transport.

Cheers
goroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #18
Buggerlugs
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathill View Post
Are you talking about Louisavale Road? From looking at the map it looks as if you can traverse all the way through to Linville.
Buggerlugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:13 AM   #19
stathill OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggerlugs View Post
Are you talking about Louisavale Road? From looking at the map it looks as if you can traverse all the way through to Linville.
Yes to both questions. It looks like its called Louisavale road at the northern/eastern (Jimna) end and Monsildale Ck Road at the western (Monsildale) end.
Type in either road name in the search bar in the updated google earth and you'll see.
stathill is offline   Reply With Quote