|07-16-2013, 05:40 AM||#4|
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posting from Flickr Help
I use flickr to post from as well. To get a picture to post here I find this works:
1. Go to the picture on flickr
2. On the bottom right of the flickr page there is a icon of a box with an arrow coming out of it. This is the share icon. Click on it.
3. In the share pop up box on flickr select 'Grab the HTML/BB Code'
4. Select the BB code button
5. Select and copy all the code in the box. With a PC, Ctrl-A, then copy it, Ctrl-C.
6. Where you want the picture to appear in your post, paste the code you copied from flickr, Ctrl-V
7. Preview your post. You may want to add blank lines, etc.
8. Once you've previewed the post the picture will show up in the editor instead of the code appearing. If you need a major change like moving the picture or accidentally posting the wrong one, I find it is just easier to delete the picture in the editor and then repeat copying and pasting the code in the place you wanted it.
For flickr you don't use the link or insert image features of the text editor at advrider.
For your picture the code you copy looks like:
[ url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98924849@N03/9296661643/ ][ img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5451/9296661643_b9cfe47579.jpg[/ img][/ url ]
[ url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/98924849@N03/9296661643/ ]L1280527[ /url ] by [ url=http://wnww.flickr.com/people/98924849@N03/ ]paulmlewis1961[ /url ], on Flickr
(I added some blank spaces to the code above so it wouldn't function and post the picture)
L1280527 by paulmlewis1961, on Flickr
|07-16-2013, 03:48 PM||#7|
Joined: Mar 2007
Thanks to Eldog for explaining what now seems so obvious! And to Rutabaga for showing me where to to test. Thanks! PL
"All good things are wild and free"
Henry David Thoreau
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|