Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #31
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Actually Jonathan Greene has been announcing with Scott Rusell on the CBS broadcasts of the AMA racing. He's a welcome relief to Ralph.

He described a particularly brave pass as "Well I guess you just load 'em up in a wheelbarrow and go for it."
Jonathan Greene is gone for the rest of the year at least. Paul Page will be doing the play-by-play for whatever the hell the AMA decides to televise (bastards) of the remaining events.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #32
Mr. Ray
Chemically Enhanced

Oddometer: 3,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
I think you were watching the pre-race show which is a separate program.

And, glad you squeezed that part about your workout. I love narcissists.
I drink enough beer to kill someone who doesn't work out. I have to do it. I hate every minute of it though.

And it was the race. Or it was listed as such in the guide.

http://www.roadtofermentation.blogspot.com

Mr. Ray screwed with this post 07-17-2013 at 02:17 PM
Mr. Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #33
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,501
AMA Superbikes: TV For Laguna Not Dead Yet

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #34
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #35
jktpa
X-Troller

Oddometer: 780
I would imagine for Laguna it's Dorna's feed with Fox(speed) cameras and cameramen, Dorna's producers in Fox (speed) trailers. do you think Fox(speed) via Dorna is going to let another US major station use their equipment without HUGE reimbursement? By the way for folks outside the U.S. Fox worldwide carry's MotoGP through many regional an individual country carriers. When in Afghanistan I was able to watch MotoGP on an Indian Fox station the only problem was they would break away to to show highlights of a cricket match or the end of a riveting Football(soccer match) only to see the interview of the end of MotoGP.
WR250R
ET4
jktpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #36
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
Fingers crossed.
and it will only take them 3 weeks to put the races on their website.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #37
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Oddometer: 5,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
!%$#!!#@&!!

CRAP!

But there is some terrific alternative SpeedTV programming on Sunday pm.

4:00 to 4:30 Dumbest Stuff on Wheels (a MUST see for the braindead)

9:00 to 11:00 Hooters International Swimsuit Pageant (remember this in the SPEED channel.)

So you see they just HAD to scrap any silly AMA motorcycle racing to broadcast those very important events . WTF!!
Well, that's not much different from ESPN highlighting poker as a fantastic spectator sport. Our idea of sports in this country is pretty fucked up sometimes!

edit: Rossi will win this weekend.

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697

Skowinski screwed with this post 07-17-2013 at 09:36 PM
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #38
BeeCeeGS
WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post

He may not win many more, but there's no denying that a happy Rossi makes for a better show--on and off the track.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #39
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post

4:00 to 4:30 Dumbest Stuff on Wheels
So no AMA but Hector Barbera has his own show. Perfect.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #40
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Next year?
LOL...I am so drinking a six pack before watching this race. I don't mind Russell as much as Ralph. I will pray he looses his voice this weekend.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #41
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by jktpa View Post
I would imagine for Laguna it's Dorna's feed with Fox(speed) cameras and cameramen, Dorna's producers in Fox (speed) trailers. do you think Fox(speed) via Dorna is going to let another US major station use their equipment without HUGE reimbursement? By the way for folks outside the U.S. Fox worldwide carry's MotoGP through many regional an individual country carriers. When in Afghanistan I was able to watch MotoGP on an Indian Fox station the only problem was they would break away to to show highlights of a cricket match or the end of a riveting Football(soccer match) only to see the interview of the end of MotoGP.
Dorna records and produces its own program, and ships the equipment and people necessary to do so around the world. Sometimes they might supplement their resources with local ones, but it is a Dorna show. Every MotoGP broadcast around the world--Fox, BBC, Eurosport, etc., is using the Dorna production. It costs a lot, but Dorna understands tv is everything . . .

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #42
jktpa
X-Troller

Thanks for the info Tim I knew it was Dorna's production and had overall control of what was televised didn't know they used their own equipment and cameramen though.
WR250R
ET4
Old 07-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #43
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by jktpa View Post
... the only problem was they would break away to to show highlights of a cricket match or the end of a riveting Football(soccer match) only to see the interview of the end of MotoGP.
Still better than seeing Flo

I really don't get the coverage model with Fox/SPEED-- what with the constant poor timing of commercial breaks that miss passes, and other action-stealing things they do (like the commentary before getting back to the feed). It can't all be bad luck/timing-- has to be some combination of incompetence, genuine misunderstanding of what people want to see, or deliberate sabotaging for some reason that I can't fathom.

The other thing I don't understand is covering the leader crossing the finish line all by himself while there's intense racing going on for other positions. That's not just Fox/SPEED, it seems they all do it for some reason.

Ok, I know it's better than the old days when there was no or very limited coverage; but geez.
wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #44
jktpa
X-Troller

They still had their regular commercials which were very entertaining when I said break away for other sports it would be ten to fifteen minutes with no replay on what happened while being away.
WR250R
ET4
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #45
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow View Post

The other thing I don't understand is covering the leader crossing the finish line all by himself while there's intense racing going on for other positions. That's not just Fox/SPEED, it seems they all do it for some reason.

I have always thought this was done as some sort of agreement (for lack of better word) between the organizations and the teams so that the winning bike/sponsor would get some sort of guaranteed recognition for winning and nothing probably looks better for sponsors and manufactures than their bike crossing the finish line first. It does suck for the rest of us though.