Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #196
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
GOOD STUFF LADIES, GOOD STUFF. So you have to carry your title for your moto? Not just the registration?
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #197
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebound9517 View Post
GOOD STUFF LADIES, GOOD STUFF. So you have to carry your title for your moto? Not just the registration?
Yup. No title, no entry. But the registration is faked too :P
Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:49 AM   #198
oneway
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Good luck on the border crossing. Did you also copy the back of the title so it looks like the other one? So smart to copy and email the originals to yourself.
Epic ride
oneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #199
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneway View Post
Good luck on the border crossing. Did you also copy the back of the title so it looks like the other one? So smart to copy and email the originals to yourself.
Epic ride
We actually didn't have the back and had to have a friend scan and email theirs haha, but now I know ALL documents FRONT AND BACK, ALL THE TIME. A good copy can save you. It's the most important piece of advice I can give you so far for a trip like this. Everything else is just kinda go for it and have an adventure, but paperwork can be trip halting. I wish we could get her new originals, every border makes us a bit anxious now and I imagine the documents may come under more scrutiny when we are getting a boat around the Darien or getting into some countries in South America. We'll find out!

Old 01-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #200
jfink
Can't get there from here

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becktastic View Post
We actually didn't have the back and had to have a friend scan and email theirs haha, but now I know ALL documents FRONT AND BACK, ALL THE TIME. A good copy can save you. It's the most important piece of advice I can give you so far for a trip like this. Everything else is just kinda go for it and have an adventure, but paperwork can be trip halting. I wish we could get her new originals, every border makes us a bit anxious now and I imagine the documents may come under more scrutiny when we are getting a boat around the Darien or getting into some countries in South America. We'll find out!

You shouldn't have any problems with a copy. In fact I used a copy of my title at every border through every country in Central and South America, in order not to muck up my original. It's funny but the only country I had any problem with was the US who wanted to perforate my original when I left the US via cargo ship. The newbie customs agent said "We only perforate here!" LOL

Here's another tip, copy your insurance card and then edit it to include the country of choice. Most police and border agents won't understand English anyway, just make sure the country name is in the body somewhere. I think the only ones I needed were Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. Make sure you have something in Peru! especially around Juliaca and Puno.

2014 KTM 500 Exc, 2011 KTM 990 Adventure Dakar, 2004 Goldwing

The End of the World at the End of the World
jfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #201
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfink View Post
You shouldn't have any problems with a copy. In fact I used a copy of my title at every border through every country in Central and South America, in order not to muck up my original. It's funny but the only country I had any problem with was the US who wanted to perforate my original when I left the US via cargo ship. The newbie customs agent said "We only perforate here!" LOL
THAT IS REALLY GOOD NEWS!

Quote:
Here's another tip, copy your insurance card and then edit it to include the country of choice. Most police and border agents won't understand English anyway, just make sure the country name is in the body somewhere. I think the only ones I needed were Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. Make sure you have something in Peru! especially around Juliaca and Puno.
Heh. I have a degree in graphic design. I made us I really pro looking multi-country insurance document from International Overland Insurance Corp.
It's even notarized! They insure everywhere from Mexico to Argentina! Great rates!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #202
schwahead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Sweeet

Glad you guys made it through! The highest mountain in C.A. Is in guat. Volcan Tajumulco! It's an awesome hike if you have the time. Quetzeltenago (xela) is also a sweet little town
schwahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #203
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwahead View Post
Glad you guys made it through! The highest mountain in C.A. Is in guat. Volcan Tajumulco! It's an awesome hike if you have the time. Quetzeltenago (xela) is also a sweet little town
Oh man, we didn't make it to either of those places! Our videos will be perpetually behind reality, we're actually in Honduras now. If you'd like updates of our real-time location, I recommend following us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/motoventuring)
Old 01-06-2014, 02:01 AM   #204
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,622
wow!!! in my country we say "NO MAMES!!!" girls I like your post so much that Alaska can wait, I think I wan to do Mexico and central America as my next BIG trip!

I continue to read you!

Damasovi
Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 PM   #205
Nanuq
Aventurer by Trade

Oddometer: 1,069
loving it!!!!
2008 KLR 685- Iron Butt Association #44803
Trippin' in the Yukon & the AK!

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth" - Steve McQueen
Nanuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #206
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,599
Don't you just love these girls? The definition of an ADV rider has just been changed. So much goodness and intrigue. So many miles to go.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 PM   #207
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,964

Really enjoying the trip ladies!!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #208
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Don't you just love these girls? The definition of an ADV rider has just been changed. So much goodness and intrigue. So many miles to go.
Someone else told me they really liked our videos because we look like people you would know, we make it feel like anyone can do this and that makes me extremely happy. You don't have to look like a badass or act like a badass to do something badass.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #209
gbowes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Hey Ladies, I'm enjoying your adventure. just to let you know the last video you posted is black/blank from the 4 minute mark until the end. Keep them coming!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #210
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
WHAT HAPPENED?? It just stoped in the middle.
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote