Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #31
adventurebound9517
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 277
OH sure, leave us hanging. See how you are.
adventurebound9517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #32
Ogribike
Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,907
Enjoying the hell out of this, great luck and ride on!

Jim.
Ogribike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #33
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
Great RR

Let us know when you are getting closer to Guatemala, our guest room will be there for you.

Ride safe !
Awesome! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'B View Post
Really good! Will definitely keep up on this one!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurebound9517 View Post
OH sure, leave us hanging. See how you are.
Sorry! I wasn't originally, but it was getting to be a long video and I didn't want to leave out any of the fun I was having in Willow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogribike View Post
Enjoying the hell out of this, great luck and ride on!
Thanks! We've had decent luck so far, some equipment failures, headaches with the electronics and weather, but my tools came back to me and we had incredible luck in Hyder (can't wait to make that video!) so it all balances out.

We're just South of Prince George now, heading to Vancouver via the Sea to Sky over the next 2 days.

Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #34
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Episode 8 goes across the Glenn Hwy and down the Richardson to McCarthy and Kennicott. We hike to the Kennecott Glacier (yes those two are meant to be spelled differently! A typo from long ago that stuck!) then ride to Tok, Chicken and finally to the Top of the World!

Old 08-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #35
mundobravo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,117
so very very well done !
http://www.vimeo.com/7780879
mundobravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #36
kfsinc
Chaingolian Observer

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becktastic View Post
Episode 8 goes across the Glenn Hwy and down the Richardson to McCarthy and Kennicott. We hike to the Kennecott Glacier (yes those two are meant to be spelled differently! A typo from long ago that stuck!) then ride to Tok, Chicken and finally to the Top of the World!

Road this portion of your trip two years ago on my way to Dust 2 Dawson -- thanks for the memories!! Ride safe!
“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”, Mario Andretti

Indulge. Repent. Repeat.
kfsinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #37
huguesfrederic
HF

Oddometer: 118
Quote:
Awesome! Thank you!

Thanks!

Sorry! I wasn't originally, but it was getting to be a long video and I didn't want to leave out any of the fun I was having in Willow!

Thanks! We've had decent luck so far, some equipment failures, headaches with the electronics and weather, but my tools came back to me and we had incredible luck in Hyder (can't wait to make that video!) so it all balances out.

We're just South of Prince George now, heading to Vancouver via the Sea to Sky over the next 2 days.
Great stories... Can I digress and ask you or should I say rotarygirder a quick question about what headlamp and windscreen is on is beast?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #38
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 723
Hi Becky,

Even though I am deaf and can't hear you speak but good thing YouTube has a wonderful feature that will translate your voice into subtitle so I understood you. I thought about doing Vlog of my trip like you are doing now and your Vlog gave me some idea. I imagine it can be a bit time consuming but it is probably a good thing to keep up with it to manage memory size?? It will be interesting to see how you can stay on it once you get down to Latin America where finding a good internet to upload can be challenging for most part.

I'm definitely in for your ride and riding along with you from here.
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #39
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundobravo View Post
so very very well done !
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfsinc View Post
Road this portion of your trip two years ago on my way to Dust 2 Dawson -- thanks for the memories!! Ride safe!
Hope you had good weather for it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huguesfrederic View Post
Great stories... Can I digress and ask you or should I say rotarygirder a quick question about what headlamp and windscreen is on is beast?

Thanks
It's a Trailtech headlight! http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Headlight.aspx with the windscreen off of a KTM 640 adventure I think, with a KTM fender too. Makes it look edgier than the stock DR right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhicheverAnyWayCan View Post
Hi Becky,

Even though I am deaf and can't hear you speak but good thing YouTube has a wonderful feature that will translate your voice into subtitle so I understood you. I thought about doing Vlog of my trip like you are doing now and your Vlog gave me some idea. I imagine it can be a bit time consuming but it is probably a good thing to keep up with it to manage memory size?? It will be interesting to see how you can stay on it once you get down to Latin America where finding a good internet to upload can be challenging for most part.

I'm definitely in for your ride and riding along with you from here.
Does it do a good job translating? The vlogging is time consuming, but if you have a decent amount of time it can be nice that it makes you take a down day to upload and sort your stuff while it's still fresh as opposed to returning home with 8000 photos and 70 hours of video to slog through. I hope I can keep up on it heading South. I'm going to wire my top box to charge my laptop as I ride so power won't be as big an issue, though I've heard good internet can be hard to find. I will probably have to do fewer episodes further apart, or make them as I go but then upload a bunch when I get a good internet connection. We'll see!

Oh and I have a My Passport external hard drive to store photos and video on so they don't bog my computer too badly.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #40
selkins
No hay banda!

Oddometer: 1,481
Well done, and thanks for the time and effort you're putting in to making such succinct and enjoyable installments! Looking forward to more.

Mid-America -- Ozarks (Darkrider) -- Lake Superior Circle Tour -- NW US -- Labrador -- Big Bend (Darkrider) -- Yukon/Dempster Hwy -- WTX/NNM/SCO
selkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #41
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,775
Great stuff so far...

Your best ride in Alaska installment looks to be more of BC than Alaska...Your only in Alaska from Hyder to a little past the Fish Creek viewing platform and then you pass back into BC on the way up to the Salmon glacier... Your timing was right to catch it in good weather...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #42
Saralou
Worldwide Rider

Oddometer: 665
Ride to Hyder

I so agree that the ride in Stewart BC and Hyder Alaska was one of the best rides of our trip so far. The moment you see the bear glacier is magic. Great RR.

Sara

ADV RR Finding Freedom...World Wide Ride

Join the Adventure
Saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #43
#1Fan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 677
In! :cool:
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #44
rotarygirder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Thumbs down

Becky's less than 9000 mile DRZ suffered a catastrophic top end failure today as we were climbing a mountain pass about 60 miles south of Eugene, OR on our way to crater lake. Removing the valve cover showed the exhaust cam and bearing busted out of its journal and intake looking pretty nasty too. We tried to coast back down in the direction of the last town but they shut the road down for major maintenance behind us and we're currently camping until morning when we can start calling some shops and see who wants to rebuild an engine really fast.
rotarygirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #45
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 723
Quote:
Does it do a good job translating? The vlogging is time consuming, but if you have a decent amount of time it can be nice that it makes you take a down day to upload and sort your stuff while it's still fresh as opposed to returning home with 8000 photos and 70 hours of video to slog through. I hope I can keep up on it heading South. I'm going to wire my top box to charge my laptop as I ride so power won't be as big an issue, though I've heard good internet can be hard to find. I will probably have to do fewer episodes further apart, or make them as I go but then upload a bunch when I get a good internet connection. We'll see!

Oh and I have a My Passport external hard drive to store photos and video on so they don't bog my computer too badly.
Hi Becky,
It does pretty good translating your voices. About 95% of it which is enough for me to understand. For example, when you are saying riding, it would say writing but the sentence was enough for me to guess you meant to say riding. You should try seeing it for yourself sometime. And try seeing other video where it can be real bad at guessing what a person is saying. Maybe because you speak better or it liked your accent better? haha

And is it 1TB MyPassport storage device?

Sorry to hear about your engine failure but don't let it get in the way of your trip! I am certainly there will be someone who will help you. When I had coolant problem twice in Oregon last year, dealer in Lakeview let me use their tools and shop to fix my problem then later someone fixed it for me and gave me coolant and water to take with me. I am sure you will have similar luck I had in Oregon.
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote