Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #451
Airmail
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becktastic View Post
I felt like we aren't corporate enough for big name sponsors (and have no desire to change that way), but heck, may as well email and ask right? Maybe their reps have a sense of humor.
You girls need an agent. I officially offer my services. As far as I'm concerned you two are a marketing dream come true for the female riders of the world. In other words (You couldn't pay someone to do what you are doing) You are both doing this on DRZ400s after doing exhausting research this is the bike you both picked. That speaks volumes for the faith you have in this bike. You are putting your lives, your safety, your trust, your total beings into this machine. You are doing a ride of a lifetime and you are doing it on a Suzuki DRZ400. If the corporate heads at Suzuki don't see you as the biggest marketing tool of the century for them they should be fired. The biggest growing percentage of riders in the world are women and you two are the Amelia Earharts of the motorcycle industry. Women all over the world will buy this bike because Becky and Andrea put their trust in it and thats good enough for them. Think big girls. Think real big. Tours all over the world sponsored at all the big motorcycle events everywhere. Selling tons of motorcycles and getting a percentage of that. Now all you need to do is give me the rights to represent you and I'll get you sponsored by a great motorcycle company. Or at least get you some free beer. What do you have to lose.

All The Best
Terry
Airmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:45 PM   #452
mommer
bring on the world!!!!

Oddometer: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmail View Post
You girls need an agent. I officially offer my services. As far as I'm concerned you two are a marketing dream come true for the female riders of the world. In other words (You couldn't pay someone to do what you are doing) You are both doing this on DRZ400s after doing exhausting research this is the bike you both picked. That speaks volumes for the faith you have in this bike. You are putting your lives, your safety, your trust, your total beings into this machine. You are doing a ride of a lifetime and you are doing it on a Suzuki DRZ400. If the corporate heads at Suzuki don't see you as the biggest marketing tool of the century for them they should be fired. The biggest growing percentage of riders in the world are women and you two are the Amelia Earharts of the motorcycle industry. Women all over the world will buy this bike because Becky and Andrea put their trust in it and thats good enough for them. Think big girls. Think real big. Tours all over the world sponsored at all the big motorcycle events everywhere. Selling tons of motorcycles and getting a percentage of that. Now all you need to do is give me the rights to represent you and I'll get you sponsored by a great motorcycle company. Or at least get you some free beer. What do you have to lose.

All The Best
Terry

do it girls,,
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/g...UkefvUtpvQzqzl
mommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #453
drdubb
OFWG

Oddometer: 340
Just to illustrate the point..I once had the opportunity to talk with Lois Price and while we were talking a young lady came up and told Lois how she had just purchased the same motorcycle that Lois ride to South America.
'71 SL 350 - Honda

drdubb screwed with this post 07-10-2014 at 05:44 PM
drdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #454
AdvRickX
This is f=ing Awesom

Oddometer: 13
Better than ever...

Well, you did it again with your 07-08-14 video. This time the picture quality seemed better than usual.
It's always fun to keep up with your adventures. I thought you were going to get all commercial on us and ruin it, but so far it's staying real.
Bravo to you both. I can't decide which one of you is hotter... (who are those people?)
Thanks so much.
Much love always.

Rick
AdvRickX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:50 PM   #455
moose97
Just Some Guy

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
New episode up!

I've been watching your videos for a while, but didn't know you post here. Good luck and have fun! I've really enjoyed following along...
Old 07-12-2014, 12:52 AM   #456
Vinny V strom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
All caught up :(. Can't wait to see what Ecuador brings on to this adventure.
Vinny V strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:28 AM   #457
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,681
Those are some scary cops. There's a reason most moto cops wear open face helmets, and it's because they want to limit the intimidation factor. These dudes look like robo cop. Of course you two found their softer side. Nice!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:29 AM   #458
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommer View Post
do it girls,,
We're talking to him on PM :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRickX View Post
Well, you did it again with your 07-08-14 video. This time the picture quality seemed better than usual.
It's always fun to keep up with your adventures. I thought you were going to get all commercial on us and ruin it, but so far it's staying real...
Ha I think if anything we've been getting less commercial! That's part of our apprehension about big time sponsors. I've seen ride videos where people obviously got a lot of money from some company and the whole thing is just a commercial and instead of being like "HOLY F@$% that pothole was crazy!" you have to be like "That was indeed a serious blemish in the tarmac, good thing my incredible Ohlins upgraded suspension set did its job! (panning of unreasonably clean shock for 10 minutes, zooming in on logo)

Glad you noticed the picture quality improvement! Our new cameras our awesome and we did a lot of research on framerate and bit rate for saving out for better picture quality, to make sure if we made a DVD that it would look good. YouTube actually degrades quality so some things still look a bit choppy on there, but we played our Kickstarter video on a big screen TV and it looked great. Which is interesting because it has video from a bunch of different devices, some of which were lower quality. But even my phone is 1080p and only Brants camera was lower at 720p. Most of it was just a learning curve for Adobe Premiere save options...because there are a lot of them! Also learning how to adjust color and contrast helped a lot, so we can massively improve the look of a lot of our older video clips now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
Those are some scary cops. There's a reason most moto cops wear open face helmets, and it's because they want to limit the intimidation factor. These dudes look like robo cop. Of course you two found their softer side. Nice!
Yeah not only do they have full face black helmets with full black visors, but they have black balaclavas on under that! They always ride around 2-up with the guy on the back often backwards holding that giant machine gun. They're pretty freaky, but of course once you get them to take that stuff off and start telling them about your trip, then they're all smiles and asking the same questions the little kids do. Is this tank plastic? How much gas does it hold? How fast does it go? Where did you say you started from?!

Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #459
810H4Z4RD
Old n00b

Oddometer: 96
That looks like a good town to get the hell out of. Even the dogs look depressed.

Thanks for the update.
810H4Z4RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #460
#1Fan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 680
Becktastic! So happy when I get to watch a new video. :) A suggestion, would you zoom a small map of the locations you are discussing in your videos? I think that woyld be cool. Cheers!
Everyone should be so lucky as to be able to ride a motorbike through the Himalayas.
#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #461
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 810H4Z4RD View Post
That looks like a good town to get the hell out of. Even the dogs look depressed.

Thanks for the update.
Ha! Yeah and we were stuck there two weeks! Part two coming up tomorrow! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Fan View Post
Becktastic! So happy when I get to watch a new video. :) A suggestion, would you zoom a small map of the locations you are discussing in your videos? I think that would be cool. Cheers!
Sorry, I tried to master Google Earth and despite some very patient online tutorial attempts, I think I need someone to teach me in person to get it. I want to figure it out for our final cut, because the geography is cool and it would help people planning similar trips...but every time I try to use Google Earth I end up wanting to choke the computer. I could probably do some simple Google Map zoom onto the start location or something. Our next few episodes are already done and queued up, but I´ll see what I can do for the next ones we work on. :)

Stuff has been seriously insane this last week.
We posted some teaser pics on our Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/motoventuring
I think you should be able to view the page even if you don´t do FB? Just kind of a pain to post here, since we´re on pay internet right now and rushed. If someone could be awesome and repost them that would be rad. :) <3
Old 07-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #462
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 738
Quote:

Stuff has been seriously insane this last week.
We posted some teaser pics on our Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/motoventuring
I think you should be able to view the page even if you don´t do FB? Just kind of a pain to post here, since we´re on pay internet right now and rushed. If someone could be awesome and repost them that would be rad. :) <3

WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #463
h2oboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Here's the others

h2oboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:22 AM   #464
oneway
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Alright....I have to ask.....
What type of demonic devil worship banana horns are strapped on the bike?
There has to be a story.
oneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #465
Becktastic OP
Bonzai Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneway View Post
Alright....I have to ask.....
What type of demonic devil worship banana horns are strapped on the bike?
There has to be a story.
Haha Greg gave us those paper mache monsters (mine was much smaller) and we put them on the front of our bikes. They are just funny decorations. People really liked them and always take pictures, but they weren't long for this world and both have perished in the rain and loading incidents. We knew they wouldn't last long. Now we need some new weird stuff to stick on them.

New Episode!

Attached Images