Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #61
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
Gas Gas were bailed out again financially around last December, and compared to Japanese or German the build quality of the bikes is not as good. But they are fine for less serious riders, or those able to spend more time on maintenance and preparation.
you are a troll. i guess nambotin, raga, etc, are less serious riders

you didn't answer my question (what gg have you owned, what big bore have you owned, what serious competition have you competed in) therefore i can only take your opinion as moot, and discount EVERYTHING you say. same as everyone else. every thread you touch turns to shit, wonder why?
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more
stainlesscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #62
slideways
permanent ex-pat

Oddometer: 5,544
Quote:
Here in the UK where 500cc MX bikes are commonly raced, rather than mainly used as play bikes at probably less than 10% of their potential performance levels, leaning bikes over to flood the carbs a little is a very common way of getting them to start easier.

Personally I am only familiar with using bikes for serious competition purposes, and maybe this is the reason US based play bike riders get so worked up about my suggesting things like its better to use a proper full synthetic pre-mix only 2T oil, rather than autolube types that seem to be favoured by the play bike riders?

Nothing at all wrong with using a bike for trail or play bike riding, but if you are riding in serious competition and want to win, it seems a good idea to regard machine preparation in a different way to a play biker?
I get it you are all butthurt because since 1980 American riders have come across the pond and laid waste to the World ............... 22 times and the UK has won how many MX des Nations titles.

Must be the autolube.

Upper Italian Lakes report.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160841

South Africa, Swaziland, Botswana ride report
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454490

Great CanAm Tour
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476605
slideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #63
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways View Post
I get it you are all butthurt because since 1980 American riders have come across the pond and laid waste to the World ............... 22 times and the UK has won how many MX des Nations titles.

Must be the autolube.
Not sure you can compare US professional MX racers (who are getting paid double what a European rider would make), to middle aged play bike riders, on worn out 30 yr old open class MX bikes, dribbling neat autolube oil out of their exhausts?
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #64
slideways
permanent ex-pat

Quote:
Not sure you can compare US professional MX racers (who are getting paid double what a European rider would make), to middle aged play bike riders, on worn out 30 yr old open class MX bikes, dribbling neat autolube oil out of their exhausts?
If it bothers you so much why do you continually troll through these threads posting the same BS.

This thread was about a KX500 vs CR500 which you know nothing about.

I had a KX 500 and thought it was a great bike.

If you knew anything about demographics most dirt bikes in America are being bought by 40+ year olds. The biggest classes tend to be the Vet classes.

There are so many 50 plus riders at some of the races I have been to that they split it ino 3 categories novice, intermediate and pro.

Great CanAm Tour
Old 07-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #65
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
43 years old,amateur....................and capable of making the main at any National.

anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #66
slideways
permanent ex-pat

Lets not forget Mike Brown 41 years old and kicking ass at EX, MX and WORC's

[IMG][/IMG]

Great CanAm Tour
Old 07-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #67
81cr450
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Uhhhhh

Nice to see we adhd is alive & well

That looks fairly clean & a grand you cant get hurt as you could part it easy for that. Pull the pipe look up it's hole, pull the mag cover feel the crank bearings for slop, as long as the motor seems solid all the other stuffs pretty easy 89-04
81cr450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #68
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways View Post
If it bothers you so much why do you continually troll through these threads posting the same BS.

This thread was about a KX500 vs CR500 which you know nothing about.

I had a KX 500 and thought it was a great bike.

If you knew anything about demographics most dirt bikes in America are being bought by 40+ year olds. The biggest classes tend to be the Vet classes.

There are so many 50 plus riders at some of the races I have been to that they split it ino 3 categories novice, intermediate and pro.

The technical content of all of my posts is 100% correct, and is the result of careful investigation of the subjects mentioned, not mere repetition of advertising blurb, which in many cases is far from accurate.

From posts on here its pretty clear that you are wholly correct in what you suggest about the main market for dirt bike sales in the US.

This is I guess the reason why on this forum at least there seems to be little knowledge related to machine preparation for serious competition, as most are either play bike riders, or not competing in serious higher level competition.

Nothing wrong at all with play biking or competing for fun, but proper bike preparation, carried out in the same way as serious racers would do, will help to make any bike run better and be easier to ride.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #69
Ron Bernert
hiding in plain sight

Oddometer: 271
Ugh. THIS again.

Quote:
The technical content of all of my posts is 100% correct, and is the result of careful investigation of the subjects mentioned, not mere repetition of advertising blurb, which in many cases is far from accurate.

From posts on here its pretty clear that you are wholly correct in what you suggest about the main market for dirt bike sales in the US.

This is I guess the reason why on this forum at least there seems to be little knowledge related to machine preparation for serious competition, as most are either play bike riders, or not competing in serious higher level competition.

Nothing wrong at all with play biking or competing for fun, but proper bike preparation, carried out in the same way as serious racers would do, will help to make any bike run better and be easier to ride.

'77 BMW R100RS euro, '95 BMW R1100GS, '71 BMW R75/5 SWB, '68 BMW R60/2 (in boxes), '82 Suzuki GS450, '98 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
Ron Bernert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:52 AM   #70
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Bernert View Post

Ron just because you are not great on the technical stuff (in common with others posting here it would seem), why not just read and learn rather than taking issue with things you dont understand fully?
Old 07-26-2013, 03:57 AM   #71
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,222
Quote:
why not just read and learn rather than taking issue with things you dont understand fully?
perhaps you should heed some of your own advice.
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more
stainlesscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #72
anotherguy
Banned

He still refuses to answer any questions of experience or substance. Nothing more than a simple troll.

Many of us have posted up our experience and accomplishments only to be ridiculed by someone who in all likelyhood is sitting in some basement in the UK. Probably a Paki immigrant with a stolen computer whose experience consists of riding in 2 stroke rickshaws during visits to his Mother in Bangalore.

So why bother?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #73
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
He still refuses to answer any questions of experience or substance. Nothing more than a simple troll.

Many of us have posted up our experience and accomplishments only to be ridiculed by someone who in all likelyhood is sitting in some basement in the UK. Probably a Paki immigrant with a stolen computer whose experience consists of riding in 2 stroke rickshaws during visits to his Mother in Bangalore.

So why bother?

From what I can see your "experience" seems to suggest you think its better to use very thin autolube oil in pre-mix machines, and bearing in mind this fundamental error, I cant see that you would be likely to be able to accomplish very much? As to your racist slurs, that would be enough to get you a criminal record if you were living in the UK, rather than the US where racism seems to be more accepted.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #74
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
perhaps you should heed some of your own advice.
My posts are 100% technically accurate, and there is certainly no good reason to to heed the BS posted up on net forums, rather than the accurate and concise advice I have provided myself.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #75
anotherguy
Banned

Quote:
From what I can see your "experience" seems to suggest you think its better to use very thin autolube oil in pre-mix machines, and bearing in mind this fundamental error, I cant see that you would be likely to be able to accomplish very much? As to your racist slurs, that would be enough to get you a criminal record if you were living in the UK, rather than the US where racism seems to be more accepted.
So the UK will lock you up for insults? No wonder we had to bail your sorry asses out.

You missed the 14 landspeed records,an 1/8 mile speed record in a nitro class,crew chief of a dominant (4 consecutive championships including an undefeated season) Pro Stock Harley team,40 years of MX/hare scrambles/road/drag and landspeed racing.

Any time you'd like to back up your loudmouthed bullshit I'll be here. I need an excuse to build another bike. Sometimes success breeds complacency and I'm bored.

But this is the internet and no one has come forth when challenged. Ya never know I could lose.