Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #91
slideways
permanent ex-pat

Oddometer: 5,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
I'll give the person who can point out where I said autolube is better than pre-mix oil $20. The only place I've mentioned it is in what "I choose to use in my race bike[/i]".

I use Amsoil Interceptor in the RZ because of it's base stock characteristic of not building up on internal parts,i.e. powervalves. I like the fact my 140+ MPH RZ 350 does it with the oil pump,pump gas and tags.

In the YZ I use H1R which is a pre mix only oil mixed at 32:1 as [b]recommended by BelRay engineer[/]. I used to run a leaner oil/fuel ratio until a conversation with a Bel Ray engineer at a trade show enlightened me to his view more is better when it comes to fat guys (me) on old air cooled race bikes in the mud on hilly race tracks, a la Budds/High point.

And don't be impressed slideways. If you devote all your time to something for 40 years you'd better accomplish something. It's nothing many other people haven't done as well. all that hard work oughta amount to something.
We must have spoken with the same engineer although I am sure twin douche will be along shortly to tell us we are wrong.

I raced a YZ490 back in the 80's and ran it at 32:1 with Belray mainly because I was more worried about bottom end lubrication than I was ring and piston lube. Piston speed was not that high on that motor. The great thing about the YZ 490 I could pretty much stick it in 3rd gear and rail. My 140 lbs gave me a huge power to weight ratio against most the people I was racing against.

With my shifter cart which had a TZ250 motor in it. I ran it at 20:1 with YamalubeR and race fuel again I was more worried about the bottom end than rings and pistons ,which were changed frequently.

On my modern 2 strokes that do not get rebuilt as often and have power valves I find the Castrol TTS works very well. Thin enough to properly lubricate the top end and not gum up the power valve and thick enough to keep the bottom end lubed. I still jet for and mix at 32:1. I also stay away from ethanol fuels.

I'm still impressed

Upper Italian Lakes report.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160841

South Africa, Swaziland, Botswana ride report
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454490

Great CanAm Tour
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476605
slideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #92
Scootern29
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
The Honda's have great power, but depending on the year, they have bad headshake at speed. The KX is a really stable bike and would be my pick.

Hope this gets back to the OP's intent, instead of the ongoing crap in this thread. And yes I have rode both at high and low rates of speed in the California desert for than more just a few minutes.

Scootern29 screwed with this post 07-27-2013 at 07:23 PM Reason: punctuation
Scootern29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #93
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Is there an official big bore 2T picture and discussion thread here on ADV? If not do you think we/I/someone start one?

This one was off to a good start before the train wreck....
Old 07-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #94
brucifer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot Box View Post
Is there an official big bore 2T picture and discussion thread here on ADV? If not do you think we/I/someone start one?

This one was off to a good start before the train wreck....
I think that's a great idea, Andrew! Make it any year, 400cc and up.

You have a nice bike to open it with.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #95
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Here we go: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=907091

No replacement for displacement!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #96
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,481
Great!

That will be just the thread for Twin Troll to post up pics of all the big bore two strokes he has owned.

I'm sure he has had so many that he will fill up the thread by himself...
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #97
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways View Post
We must have spoken with the same engineer although I am sure twin douche will be along shortly to tell us we are wrong.

I raced a YZ490 back in the 80's and ran it at 32:1 with Belray mainly because I was more worried about bottom end lubrication than I was ring and piston lube. Piston speed was not that high on that motor. The great thing about the YZ 490 I could pretty much stick it in 3rd gear and rail. My 140 lbs gave me a huge power to weight ratio against most the people I was racing against.

With my shifter cart which had a TZ250 motor in it. I ran it at 20:1 with YamalubeR and race fuel again I was more worried about the bottom end than rings and pistons ,which were changed frequently.

On my modern 2 strokes that do not get rebuilt as often and have power valves I find the Castrol TTS works very well. Thin enough to properly lubricate the top end and not gum up the power valve and thick enough to keep the bottom end lubed. I still jet for and mix at 32:1. I also stay away from ethanol fuels.

I'm still impressed

You dont seem shy in posting up how very ignorant you are! Castrol TTS is primarily an autolube type oil, best suited to autolube machines, and or pre-mix play bikes, where the use of excessive amounts of oil dont really matter that much!

The main reason to avoid using autolube oils in serious pre-mix competition machines, is that the mix ratio required in almost double what would be used with a pre-mix only product, as autolube oils are commonly diluted by up to 30% solvent content.

In terms of lubrication and corrosion protection, a proper pre-mix only full synthetic 2T oil such as Castrol XR77, will work a great deal better than the very thin autolube products.

However as most on here seem to be play-bike riders rather than serious competitors, its easy to see why there seems to be so much confusion over selecting the best possible 2T oil to best suit a particular application.

Something that seems to be overlooked by the very vocal community of trolls on here, is that autolube systems have the major advantage of being able to vary the amount of oil supplied in direct relationship to throttle position. In effect this means an autolube bike at tickover engine speeds, may be running at a mix ratio of 150:1 or more, and at full throttle maybe 15:1.

Obviously bearing in mind the above, an oil designed for autolube use, is far from ideal for serious pre-mix bikes, and must be used at around about double the mix ratio which would be suitable for something like XR77.

Like it or not using autolube oil in pre-mix bikes is never going to work as well as using a purpose designed product, and can be compared to using MX tyres on a trials bike, or vice versa.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #98
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

While you are correct about the auto lube system metering oil at different rates for different throttle positions, you forget that the carb also meters the amount of fuel at different throttle positions.

So the auto lube pump increase the amount of oil to maintain the oil mix because of the increase in fuel drawn in by the carb.

You're welcome.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #99
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

The level of ignorance concerning very basic facts related to the operational principles of 2T motors, is something that I find rather surprising!

Those posting on this thread seem to have little grasp of the reasons for needing to use almost double the amount of autolube oil, over a specific pre-mix only product, and are seemingly completely oblivious of the negative effects that excessive amounts of oil have on the combustion process.

Choosing to use a purpose designed pre-mix only oil in a pre-mix bike, over an autolube type is a win win decision, as this will mean improved lubrication, and better performance (if the autolube oil is mixed at 30:1 and the P/mix only at 60:1).

However for reasons as yet known only to the troll community on here, it would seem the whats outlined in my last paragraph does not apply to 2T machines owned by them. Not sure why that is, but fine by me if the trolls choose to compromise performance and engine life by using oils that are not best suited to 2T pre-mix machines.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #100
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

It was amusing to watch you make a fool of yourself for a while, but now you just keep repeating the same crap.

While I still do enjoy watching an idiot who has a small amount of incorrect knowledge gained by reading crap on the internet posted by equally clueless morons, being torn apart by people with actual experience and knowledge, you have grown tiresome and embarrassing to watch.

So please feel free to quit posting your dribble in ADV, and instead read and learn.

And as a friendly reminder, you are being watched by mods (as we all are), and I can see a well deserved banning in your very near future.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #101
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
It was amusing to watch you make a fool of yourself for a while, but now you just keep repeating the same crap.

While I still do enjoy watching an idiot who has a small amount of incorrect knowledge gained by reading crap on the internet posted by equally clueless morons, being torn apart by people with actual experience and knowledge, you have grown tiresome and embarrassing to watch.

So please feel free to quit posting your dribble in ADV, and instead read and learn.

And as a friendly reminder, you are being watched by mods (as we all are), and I can see a well deserved banning in your very near future.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Interesting that those who take the time and trouble to properly research a particular subject, and post up information relating to this that is 100% technically correct, face get banned, while those who post half assed BS which is simply wrong, are seemingly welcomed with open arms!

My research into 2T lubrication, has not involved anything to do with information found on the net (which from troll posts on the subject, all seems to date back to the 1970s), and is all related to email and telephone conversations with oil manufacturer tech deparments. Most recently a mail from Amsoil tech suggested that they would recommend the use of their specific pre-mix only oil, in pre-mix bikes, over the Amsoil autolube product favoured by many trolls on here.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #102
slideways
permanent ex-pat

Oddometer: 5,549
I asked my play bike motor which oil it liked?

Motors reply "the TTS RS is just fine"!

Upper Italian Lakes report.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160841

South Africa, Swaziland, Botswana ride report
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=454490

Great CanAm Tour
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476605
slideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 AM   #103
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

I like the tube framework round the front of the pipe..............although must admit never seen that type of thing fitted to a factory race bike before?
Old 07-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #104
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
Well gee Einstien that's his motorcycle and thus funds are not unlimited as a factory bike would be. So he is protecting his investment.

What you fail to recognize is we post results and you are simply (emphasis on simple) parroting something said by an unseen person on the other end of a phone or e-mail who is in all likelihood reading from a computer screen.

We actually ride motorcycles and aren't afraid to fail should the results be less than anticipated. It's called testing. For every time my testing is unsuccessful there are many that fail. That's called development. And the process is no different than what the big dollar factory efforts less the large budget.

So to that end I say post up some results. Keep the petty insults for they have no effect other than further revealing your lack of personal knowledge. That is information gained from racing motorcycles,not seeing what others do and taking that for your own. As stated earlier you are nothing more than a charlatan. So thanks for the entertainment.

Dance twinsucker!

BTW twinsucker have you ever looked at slideways signature? The man rides and posts up the evidence. How 'bout you? Left the basement recently?
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #105
Valleyrider
I Survived The '60s

Oddometer: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
The level of ignorance concerning very basic facts related to the operational principles of 2T motors, is something that I find rather surprising!

Those posting on this thread seem to have little grasp of the reasons for needing to use almost double the amount of autolube oil, over a specific pre-mix only product, and are seemingly completely oblivious of the negative effects that excessive amounts of oil have on the combustion process.

Choosing to use a purpose designed pre-mix only oil in a pre-mix bike, over an autolube type is a win win decision, as this will mean improved lubrication, and better performance (if the autolube oil is mixed at 30:1 and the P/mix only at 60:1).

However for reasons as yet known only to the troll community on here, it would seem the whats outlined in my last paragraph does not apply to 2T machines owned by them. Not sure why that is, but fine by me if the trolls choose to compromise performance and engine life by using oils that are not best suited to 2T pre-mix machines.

I agree with you..... You need to seek out a much smarter, troll free site to post on. Bye Bye now
http://www.flickr.com/photos/48000856@N06/
Valleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote