Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #16
Pez OP
b00b

Oddometer: 621
Hey Hoping we'd get someone from Ashdown area(ish). Curious if there is any fun rides out near Millwood lake or Crater of Diamonds? Seems like all I could find where dear leases

A message for all of Humanity

1999 XR650L For Sale $2k obo
Pez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
XATLASX
Doomsday Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I haven't had a chance to explore around millwood lake but I would like to! Most of the time I ride north of here such as the Lake Greason WMA or the Ouchita National Forest. I am kinda new to the area so its all up for grabs. Gotta keep my eyes open

Always take the road less traveled, unless the riding is better on the other roads.
XATLASX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #18
XATLASX
Doomsday Adventurer

If you wanna come this far north I can show you miles and miles of dirt roads + trails

Always take the road less traveled, unless the riding is better on the other roads.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #19
XATLASX
Doomsday Adventurer

Cool2

I am going exploring tomorrow if anyone wants to join...

Old 08-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #20
Pez OP
b00b

Oddometer: 621
Taking the family exploring up towards Oklahoma today, kind of a recon/make wife happy lol Good luck out there and if ya find a epic trail don't hold out on us

A message for all of Humanity

1999 XR650L For Sale $2k obo
Pez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #21
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by XATLASX View Post
I am going exploring tomorrow if anyone wants to join...
Shoot, just found this. Will be sending you a pm when I can make a ride. Any motels in Nashville or close by? Thanks.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #22
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Shoot, just found this. Will be sending you a pm when I can make a ride. Any motels in Nashville or close by? Thanks.
I'd skip staying in Nashville, not much to offer there. Better off staying in Hope. Another option if you want to camp is Daisy State Park on Lake Greeson. That way you're just a short ride into the Ouachita National Forest. Wolf Pen Gap is close by and if you're up for a serious challenge Bear Creek starts right at the entrance of Daisy.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #23
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I'd skip staying in Nashville, not much to offer there. Better off staying in Hope. Another option if you want to camp is Daisy State Park on Lake Greeson. That way you're just a short ride into the Ouachita National Forest. Wolf Pen Gap is close by and if you're up for a serious challenge Bear Creek starts right at the entrance of Daisy.
Thank you sir. I have ridden many an enduro and a Natl HS at the Bear Creek area. I was told it had been closed to riding. ??? We used to stay in Murfreesboro for those events.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #24
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniUp View Post
Thank you sir. I have ridden many an enduro and a Natl HS at the Bear Creek area. I was told it had been closed to riding. ??? We used to stay in Murfreesboro for those events.
Hmmm maybe, it's been 3 or 4 years ago since I last rode it. The board at the entrance was still up and there was no indication of it being closed.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #25
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Hmmm maybe, it's been 3 or 4 years ago since I last rode it. The board at the entrance was still up and there was no indication of it being closed.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 AM   #26
BigShooter
Head Flunky

Oddometer: 115
cabins at Narrows

Been a couple of years since I was up there; but, there are/were some cabins right on the river just below the damn. Plenty of Forest Service and Corp roads right there for the exploring. Nice one heads out right across the bridge below the damn and goes and goes. Use to drive around to the creeks back in there fishing and arrowhead hunting. Also, several nice lil hotels in Murfreesboro.
Hmmm...I need to do that myself!
BigShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #27
XATLASX
Doomsday Adventurer

I agree...I would skip staying in Nashville...I am only here for work, otherwise I am out riding!

Old 08-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #28
XATLASX
Doomsday Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShooter View Post
Been a couple of years since I was up there; but, there are/were some cabins right on the river just below the damn. Plenty of Forest Service and Corp roads right there for the exploring. Nice one heads out right across the bridge below the damn and goes and goes. Use to drive around to the creeks back in there fishing and arrowhead hunting. Also, several nice lil hotels in Murfreesboro.
Hmmm...I need to do that myself!
Tell me when you want to go...that's where I went last weekend.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #29
BigShooter
Head Flunky

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by XATLASX View Post
Tell me when you want to go...that's where I went last weekend.
i will definitely holla at you as soon as i get the chance. dang work keeps me way way too busy. i have a vacation starting october 1st, and i know im gonna do some riding then, so if not sooner than that, i will probably give you a shout then.
I use to head North of Nassville to a little community called Nathan and fish on the Muddy Fork Creek around there. Been a dozen or so years, but I know then there were lots of dirt roads that traveled all back up towards the lake from there. The main road through there heads back to Murfreesboro and crosses the Little Missouri just out side of town. There is a couple of other forest service roads between there that cut back to the Muddy Fork and Lil Mo, if there not all leased out now. Can't wait to find out!
BigShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #30
XATLASX
Doomsday Adventurer

Sounds awesome! I haven't explored much of that area but it seems like there is plenty of new places to find every time I head up that way...