Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #46
Zodiac
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl View Post
Now step up to the plate get this racist krap out of here.

Carl

I love me a good airheadnerd slap fight but....

"racist"?

Really?

1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #47
RGregor
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershaft View Post
You didn't just come up with a carb. You said that my advise about TM carbs was wrong and it wasn't. You can't use a late model snorkel on TM carb like in the photo you posted. You can a TM smooth bore but I was talking about 'regular' TM's. I suspect you might make better sense sticking with forums in German? Self invented? I didn't invent TM's, Mikuni did. They also invented TM-6's and TM Pro series and TMX's and TM smooth bores and so on. How do you miss an entire point over and over? TM Pro Seires are NOT TM's. They are TM Pro Series just like TM smooth bores are not TM's. They are TM smooth bores. BIG DIFF between TM smooth bores and TM's! Clarify.
Hello!

If you go and have a look at the Mikuni website, and you really should do that at least once, you won't find any of your self invented expressions like "regular" and "Smoothbore TMs".
You just will find TM-carbs and TM-4-stroke carbs.
And if it's an error to mention 4-stroke carbs in an airhead forum this is an error I'll repeat any time.

Finally, what I wanted to make clear in my last post in a roundabout way was, that I will not take part in one of your "Longest dick in town" debates.

Go on if you need it, I have better things to do.

Best regards,

RG
RGregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #48
RGregor

Quote:
You almost never get the meaning of what I write correctly so what's the use? Remember when I mentioned picking up revs and accelerating? What has that got to do with WOT high rpm? Nothing is the correct answer. The improvement concerns accelerating from low and mid rpms.

I removed the pump arms so the pumps do not function just like a lot of tuners do.
Hello!

I remember that you removed your arms, forgot that. Thanks for clearifying that.
But afair you always wrote you disabled the pump and gained power.
I reasoned it must be WOT high rpm power.
Anything else is hard/impossible to measure and even hard to estimate (just my opinion, don't bother).

But see, I asked prior to drawing any conclusion.
Good that we talked about.

Best regards,

RG
Old 07-29-2013, 03:35 AM   #49
RGregor

Mikunis in general

Hello all,

for anyone searching info about Mikunis this site may be interesting:
http://www.mikuni-topham.de/ENGLISHS...e_English.html

The owner of that company, Mr. Topham, is known for his outstanding support and most important for you: he is english.

Best regards,

RG
Old 07-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #50
chasbmw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGregor View Post
Hello!

If you go and have a look at the Mikuni website, and you really should do that at least once, you won't find any of your self invented expressions like "regular" and "Smoothbore TMs".
And if it's an error to mention 4-stroke carbs in an airhead forum this is an error I'll repeat any time.

Finally, what I wanted to make clear in my last post in a roundabout way was, that I will not take part in one of your "Longest dick in town" debates.

Best regards,

RG
Well with a forum name of 'Supershaft' you really must have the longest todger on the forum.
1971 Commando Fastback
chasbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:30 AM   #51
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,888
Quote:
Hello!

Best regards,

RG
RG your posts were among the most detailed, including exact jetting data and clear photos showing final install. thanks for sharing ...

yes you've just been super shafted

_cy_ screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 06:40 AM
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:41 AM   #52
beemerphile OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaka View Post
It was not a simple question. it was "what's the best..." question. There is no "best". There are only a lot of opinions, most of which are useless to your purpose. "Best" questions are invitations for endless hassles...best oil, best tires, best butt wipe, etc. Pick any "best" thread and they follow a predictable course.

It has been said there are no stupid questions. I used to agree until I met a few. Several of them have been of the "what is the best..." variety.

But it is simple. "I think X because Y". All of the opinions don't have to match. But I don't see any reason that it should devolve into weenie comparisons and a slap fight. Then you come along and posit that the original question was stupid and the slapfest is my fault.

I think I'll put the MacBook on Craigslist and go figure it out myself. At least there is civility in my shop and among my face-to-face friends. I am sorry that Al Gore even invented the internet. And Plaka, it is your fault... Or is it Supershaft's fault? Whoever has the littlest dick - its their fault.
beemerphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #53
supershaft
because I can

Oddometer: 8,792
Quote:
Hello!

Best regards,

RG
Where's Dr.t? I am surprised he didn't show up? Dr.t and maybe a few others? They usually do when the BS gets rolling. Besides, I thought baiting mods was against The Big Rules but it seems to me that a lot of The Big Rules get broken around here on a regular basis and nothing is done about it. Personally, I try to follow them for a better forum.

Longest dick in town debates? Where in the world do you get that??? I just went back and re-read the thread. It's obvious to me that I am just trying to help readers know that there are completely different types of carbs under the TM moniker. That airbox snorkel will not work like that with TM's. The details of your posts very often don't add up. That's why I made a point of pointing that out so that readers won't get confused. That is readers that are interested in reading about and discussing carbs for airheads versus what the usuals usually go on about: Yours truely. Funny how not one single person has discussed the fact that not all TM carbs are the same basic design other than myself after you lumped them all up into the smooth bore series (at least in a response to me countering my comment regarding regular TM carbs, independent type floats, and stock airbox snorkels.

Website? I have a Mikuni Manual right beside my desk.

supershaft screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 10:42 AM
supershaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #54
supershaft
because I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbmw View Post
Well with a forum name of 'Supershaft' you really must have the longest todger on the forum.
An old girlfriend gave me that nickname. She said it was because my bikes are shaft driven but we both knew better. Another girl friend nicknamed me billy club but I thought using that moniker would be too much about me and not enough about our bikes. You guys are bad enough on that front as it is!
Old 07-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #55
chasbmw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,042
I suppose we could call you Billie Pecker, but maybe that's too close to the truth?
1971 Commando Fastback
chasbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #56
supershaft
because I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbmw View Post
I suppose we could call you Billie Pecker, but maybe that's too close to the truth?
And a little too old.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #57
DoktorT
BigBrowedNeandereer

Oddometer: 1,143
[QUOTE=supershaft;21979096]Where's Dr.t?QUOTE]

Right here. I have little to nothing to say good about you. And you call me out????

Stupid is as stupid does.
DoktorT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #58
supershaft
because I can

[QUOTE=DoktorT;21982441]
Quote:
Where's Dr.t?QUOTE]

Right here. I have little to nothing to say good about you. And you call me out????

Stupid is as stupid does.
They say that you can judge a person by their enemies. I sure hope so!

I still think all the personal comments should be saved for when you meet in person but I suspect that would take the wind out of a lot of sails around here. That sure would make this a better forum, however and it would save me a lot of typing about BS. Win/win as far as I can see?
Old 07-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #59
bmwhacker
Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer: 4,285
40mm Bings (on my 78 R100S motor))....Delortos....Mikunis.....They all work...they all have drawbacks.
Choose your own evil.

Living proof you shouldn't play with matches
ABC# 1992
bmwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #60
RGregor

Enemies?

To whom it may concern,

I don't understand what you are here for.

I wanted to discuss carbs.

Best regards,

RG