ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #16
sw3dl1
DR Don

Oddometer: 465
$8456.98... This is before you add a skid plate, a battery tender lead, case savers, a half way decient seat, a rear rack, a set of soft or hard luggage and whatever other accessories that makes the bike yours and usable for your use. This bike when fully outfitted will top $10,000.00.
Makes me wonder... How do these bikes become "Used" bikes at that price? Who pays this kind of money for new bikes? Obvisouly, someone does or there would be no "Used" bikes on the market. Whoever it is that pays this price,.. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.. without you there would be no great deals on the used market... Without you a lot of sain people could not afford to enjoy our sport.
1987 Honda XL600r
sw3dl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #17
InTheLoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
You have to leave the city. For whatever reason, the Phx metro area is plagued with overpriced dealers who are just horrible to deal with.

I made a buy recently and talked to three dealers the get their OTD price. OTD/LA Cycle Sports in Compton, CA was the best priced and I would have driven there to buy if the cost difference was greater than $500. Performance Cycle in Tucson was just a couple hundred more and the posh new dealership in N. Scottsdale was $2000 above LA Cycle Sports. When I told them that their price was thousands higher than other dealerships, they just told me they can't keep them in stock and will just sell the bike to the next guy that walks through the door (even though they had three in stock while the other dealerships who had lower prices had none in stock but arriving soon.) They guy actually told me "You can leave if you don't like our price." So that's what me and my cash did.

Needless to say, I took a 90 min drive down to Tucson and was extremely happy with the lack of BS involved.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #18
Off Limits
Banned

Oddometer: 3,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLoo View Post
You have to leave the city. For whatever reason, the Phx metro area is plagued with overpriced dealers who are just horrible to deal with.

I made a buy recently and talked to three dealers the get their OTD price. OTD/LA Cycle Sports in Compton, CA was the best priced and I would have driven there to buy if the cost difference was greater than $500. Performance Cycle in Tucson was just a couple hundred more and the posh new dealership in N. Scottsdale was $2000 above LA Cycle Sports. When I told them that their price was thousands higher than other dealerships, they just told me they can't keep them in stock and will just sell the bike to the next guy that walks through the door (even though they had three in stock while the other dealerships who had lower prices had none in stock but arriving soon.) They guy actually told me "You can leave if you don't like our price." So that's what me and my cash did.

Needless to say, I took a 90 min drive down to Tucson and was extremely happy with the lack of BS involved.

I bought my 09 for 5500 bucks out the door from otd motorsports. Signed my name and went zero down 117$ a month. Cheaper than a cell phone bill. You won't find a cheaper price than these guys.
Off Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
Atagrob OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
More internet research suggest $6,200 OTD is a good deal. Not one the dealer will be happy about but they might be willing to do it near the end of the month if they want to move another unit.

It appears dealer mark-up is 10-15% of MSRP so:

2013 DR650SE $6,399
Incentive cash $ 400
$5,999

Offer 95% $5.699.05
Sales Tax (8.1%) $ 461.63
DMV Fees $ 13.50
Dealer Prep. $ 45.00 (I'm willing to pay 1 hour to unpack it)
Dealer Freight $ 0.00
Dealer Doc. $ 0.00

OTD $6,219.18

Dealer should make about $400 on this deal.

Put $1,800 down and finance $4,400 @ 0% for 3 years. Payments of $150.00. Not as good as a great used bike but not a bad way to go.

The Power Sport guy followed up. I wrote him back saying his price was not even close to competitive. Interested in seeing how he responds.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #20
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays

Oddometer: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
I bought my 09 for 5500 bucks out the door from otd motorsports. Signed my name and went zero down 117$ a month. Cheaper than a cell phone bill. You won't find a cheaper price than these guys.
I have always found cheaper prices than those guys. I use their price as a baseline when shopping.

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
pcvance
Masters Paint & Body

Oddometer: 4,072
Quote:
Ok, cheaper than a cell bill, but it's still a DR.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #22
Off Limits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Not just a dr, but the fastest dr I've ever come across. Best fire roader around.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #23
sonoran
aint got time fo dat

Oddometer: 20,466
You are really better off buying a well maintained & farkled late model used one then new. Bikes don't hold their value and unless you plan on keeping it forever it's a money loser. If financing is your concern hit up a credit union.
sonoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #24
sw3dl1
DR Don

Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoran View Post
you are really better off buying a well maintained & farkled late model used one then new. Bikes don't hold their value and unless you plan on keeping it forever it's a money loser. If financing is your concern hit up a credit union.
+1
1987 Honda XL600r
sw3dl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:13 PM   #25
PALMER84ONE
GRANDPA ASS

Oddometer: 26
Options!!!

OTD is a good baseline. If you would like to broaden your search than you can look in my area (Orange County) and I will haul it to Prescott for you and you can pick it up there. I am in the process of buying a house and will be making multiple trips over the next few months. Even if you get new at the OTD place I could haul it back for you. Not going to be free, but cheaper than freight. Open rear of Toyota Tacoma.
No problem!

Just giving you an option...

PALMER84ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #26
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders

Oddometer: 1,723
Cool2

Quote:
Quote:
Not just a dr, but the fastest dr I've ever come across. Best fire roader around.
Hey Sean, Have you ever rode an LC4? That's the 650 to buy hands down.

Quote:
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:05 AM   #27
Off Limits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Hey Sean, Have you ever rode an LC4? That's the 650 to buy hands down.

No never rode one. Nice looking bikes but I'm not to good at head work.

Had a ktm once when I was 17. 92 300 dxc. Wanted a newer one but when they changed to butterscotch I swore never!!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #28
Yellowdatsun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
To answer one of the original questions, I would do Apache over Ride Now anyday. I just don't like the Ridenow places. I go there to look, not to buy.

If you were to consider a KLR650, I'd suggest North Valley Honda, nice people there.
Yellowdatsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #29
Atagrob OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I'll keep looking for used.

I do tend to keep thing forever. My car is a 2001 Toyota Camry with 225,000+ miles on it. I would rather keep driving it and buy a bike then buy a new car or truck.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #30
grant22
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Your priorities are definitely in order
grant22 is online now   Reply With Quote