Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
TcRulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Love the black and white picture, it's so 'old school'.

The problem was that we didn't time the cams properly when we put the engine back together and had both jugs firing on the same revolution. Let's say that that's a bad idea.

So as we're talking 'old school' I heard if you do this with your cams it runs and sounds like a Harley Did you find you had a bad attitude, wanted to get lots of tattoos and became very anti-social all of a sudden
TcRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #17
Orangecicle OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by TcRulz View Post
. . . I heard if you do this with your cams it runs and sounds like a Harley
Actually, the bike will run, but it runs very hot because one jug is essentially carrying the other, and it sounds like a 450.
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:38 AM   #18
Qwik
Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer: 6,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by TcRulz View Post
Love the black and white picture, it's so 'old school'.

The problem was that we didn't time the cams properly when we put the engine back together and had both jugs firing on the same revolution. Let's say that that's a bad idea.

So as we're talking 'old school' I heard if you do this with your cams it runs and sounds like a Harley Did you find you had a bad attitude, wanted to get lots of tattoos and became very anti-social all of a sudden
And needed a truck to haul your bike rallys and home from the bar because it wouldn't start?
Fixed it for Ya
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
Fundy Rider
Where 2?

Oddometer: 233
Too funny! Only from the inside

I just about keeled over laughing when I seen this thread and who it was from. Not that I enjoy to see someone go through this again but I have been tuning as of late and let's say I don't have much hair left.

Orangecicle has taken the time to send me a pm with some informative info setting me straight on the ims screws and his jetting advice from his experience with the factory pro kit and what he came up with.

All of this while he is going through this I presume. Awesome fella for doing it but like I said it made me roar. It's either that or I'll end up in jail so I choose the latter.

I wonder after ten years of ownership will we all be bald?

A very much and big thankyou Orangecicle!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
MooseBuilt
MoooooooooOOSE!

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post

I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again. I will not take the carbs out again.

CHICKEN! ... now i have to sulk out into the dark abyss of my garage and install the new jetkit, cause the other one sucks....

Retired CRF450X TRX450ER Superhawk 996(3) XR650L(2) XR650R(2) CBR900 XR650R Motarded ZX600
MooseBuilt is offline   Reply With Quote