Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
sixtring74 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Aim For The Horizon: The Balkans - Free Documentary Online

Hello all,

If you like what we're doing please let us know and rate the thread at the top.

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything mainly because I’ve been so busy I’ve not had time to go anywhere. But that’s all about to change. In the past I’ve made a couple of motorcycle documentaries so thought I’d put those skills to good use and film all the trips we plan on doing over the next few years. I’m not making these webisodes to make money. I’m making them to share the adventures with everyone for free.

I’m lucky enough to have good friends to experience these adventures with and we all wanted to travel the world but our commitments wouldn’t let us do it in one chunk so we’re doing it in stages. The first stage being The Balkans.

I won’t say much more at this point I’ll just let you watch the story instead. I hope these are of interest to you all because the more followers we get the more webisodes we’ll make. There's more info on www.aimforthehorizon.com

Please feel free to share these videos and we’ll be releasing more every week so keep watching.

EPISODE ONE -- The Idea: Every adventure motorcycling journey starts with an idea. We wanted an adventure; we wanted to ride the world but that takes months and our commitments weren't going to let that happen. We think we've found a way round it... This is how it started. Stage 1: The Balkans.

EPISODE TWO -- The Third Rider: They say two's company but three's a crowd, but in this case three is the entertainment. As it had always been our personal ambition to ride the world we hadn't discussed bringing a third person along. With the filming to consider, many hands make light work and with a friend rapidly in need of an adventure we found rider number three.

EPISODE THREE -- Broken Back: If anybody was going throw a spanner in the works at this late stage it was going to be Brian. With the news of his skydiving accident we were all keen to know if it was game over before the trip even starts.

EPISODE FOUR -- Bike Collection: One of the most important things about a motorcycle adventure is having a motorcycle to ride. We only had one bike between us so we needed two more. Scouring the free ads and internet we found two great condition Honda Africa Twins that were at opposite ends of the country, it was time to pick them up.

sixtring74 screwed with this post 07-30-2013 at 08:33 AM
sixtring74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
davidlomax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Liking this! And looking forward to episode 5.
www.Adventure-Spec.com
davidlomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
I'm N !

Don't stop riding until you get to the crash , you might save it!
bigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
sixtring74 OP
Adventurer

Just subscribe on our website if you're gagging for the next episode. Doesn't cost anything.

Failing that I'll be posting them all on here as we release them.

Thanks for your support guys.

Rob
Old 07-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,419
Nice intro! Keep it coming.

A '00 KLR 650 39,000 miles, A '07 1250S 77,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 76,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
sixtring74 OP
Adventurer

Just a note people Hope you all enjoy the videos but over the next weeks let us know what you think and ask any questions.

Looks like there's going to be about 20 episodes so 16 more to come.

James and Brian are signing up on here as well so will also be able to reply.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #7
Bassetdad
Aiming higher!!

Oddometer: 21
Hi there all - Bassetdad Aka James

Robs given you the details, just to add let us know what you think of the website www.aimforthehorizon.com. Would be good to hear your views, what you like! What you don't like! What you would like to see! Etc..

Look forward to keeping you all up to date with our next stages!!!

James
Bassetdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #8
Ravenslair
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Looking forward to more!
Ravenslair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #9
MaverickChick
I do my own stunts.

Oddometer: 464
Very nice! Thanks for taking us along
Old 07-31-2013, 04:05 AM   #10
sixtring74 OP
Adventurer

Hello All,

It's time to release another episode. There's also the next episode on our website www.aimforthehorizon.com

EPISODE FIVE - Bike Prep Breakdown: With three XRV750s in our garages we still had a lot of work to do to make sure they were ready. Although all in good mechanical order, prevention is always better than a cure. It was time to strip them all down and prepare the bikes that would carry us on our adventures.

Hope you like.

Rob
Old 08-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
sixtring74 OP
Adventurer

We're thinking about releasing the next Off Road Training-Day1 episode sooner than planned. anybody interested?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
freestate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Fork it over!
Old 08-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #13
Louutah
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Great start....only wish the episodes were an hour long! Looking forward to following your future adventures.
Thanks!
Louutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
biker_gunner
2wheelsonly

Oddometer: 25
I'm in...this is going to be great! Slovenia is one of the best places I've ever visited. Can't wait to see more.
biker_gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:26 AM   #15
sixtring74 OP
Adventurer

Here you go guys. EP:06 Earlier than planned... Help us keep these videos coming. If you like them spread the word.

EPISODE SIX - Off Road Training Day 1: There's always an excuse to go riding and James is just that. It was clear his off road skills leave a lot to be desired and it was time to do something about it. When most people think of the south of Spain they imagine the beach, the nightlife, great food and culture, but we could think of something much better.

Thanks Rob

sixtring74 screwed with this post 08-02-2013 at 04:09 AM
sixtring74 is offline   Reply With Quote