ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #76
Ritalin Boy OP
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,190
Better than 1 in 100

If you're going to be at Hunter in addition to all the great riding events MAX BMW Motorcycles is awarding door prizes at dinner.

The grand prize is a Rally 3 suit. Other prizes are Helmets, boots, gift certificates and more. The catch is you must have a ticket and you must be present to win. As of this morning the odds of winning are around 1 in 70, plus you get a party and a great day of riding to boot. The whole idea of the party is to give everyone a chance to get together over a beer and some pasta. The prizes are Max's way of saying come on, let's have some fun.

With regards to when, where and how to get tickets a few things to consider.

It really helps the folks putting this together if you could purchase your dinner tickets in advance. The kitchen a few days to prepare and if we need a bigger space better to know before party time.

Another reason to register in advance is knowing Max the more riders in the house the more prizes will be awarded.

You can be assured that there will be extra tickets ordered but that's a roll of the dice. I am sure there will be Friday night / Saturday requests but at some point there won't be enough food so once we're out of tickets the party is closed, at least through dinner.

We really don't want to have to say no to anyone and the best way to help us is to sign up in advance. If you're coming up to camp and do the Barbershop ride you are most welcome to come party.

Feel free to call the MAX BMW Motorcycles Connecticut store with questions or to sign up for any of the events. You don't have to ride a BMW to play. The number there is 203 740 1270; ask for Rob or Zac.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #77
Ritalin Boy OP
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Was thinking of doing the RIP Van Winkle with the wife 2-up. However, I don't see anywhere about when it starts. We will be coming up in the morning. And, I assume you don't actually have to finish the whole thing? You just get bonus points for collecting as many tags as possible? We're looking for some fun on the bike during the day together.

I might want to be back in time to watch my fellow Tiger entertain the crowd in the GS Challenge.
The RVW 300 will start at 8:00. There is no requirement to finish. We will also be providing a one or even two base routes that will be great rides. You'll be stopping for points but these won't be winning routes.

Folks entered in the RVW 300 will be sent a .GPX file by email a few days before the ride. You'll be able to plan your ride from the .GPX files, the rallybook you'll receive has the instructions as to what to do at each location.

Given that the RVW 300 runs from 8:00 to 4:00pm you could hit a bunch of points and be back by 1 and still have a pretty decent score.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #78
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,056
I though I saw on the Max site they will give discounts on tires to registered riders. How do I get more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
If you're going to be at Hunter in addition to all the great riding events MAX BMW Motorcycles is awarding door prizes at dinner.

The grand prize is a Rally 3 suit. Other prizes are Helmets, boots, gift certificates and more. The catch is you must have a ticket and you must be present to win. As of this morning the odds of winning are around 1 in 70, plus you get a party and a great day of riding to boot. The whole idea of the party is to give everyone a chance to get together over a beer and some pasta. The prizes are Max's way of saying come on, let's have some fun.

With regards to when, where and how to get tickets a few things to consider.

It really helps the folks putting this together if you could purchase your dinner tickets in advance. The kitchen a few days to prepare and if we need a bigger space better to know before party time.

Another reason to register in advance is knowing Max the more riders in the house the more prizes will be awarded.

You can be assured that there will be extra tickets ordered but that's a roll of the dice. I am sure there will be Friday night / Saturday requests but at some point there won't be enough food so once we're out of tickets the party is closed, at least through dinner.

We really don't want to have to say no to anyone and the best way to help us is to sign up in advance. If you're coming up to camp and do the Barbershop ride you are most welcome to come party.

Feel free to call the MAX BMW Motorcycles Connecticut store with questions or to sign up for any of the events. You don't have to ride a BMW to play. The number there is 203 740 1270; ask for Rob or Zac.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #79
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
I though I saw on the Max site they will give discounts on tires to registered riders. How do I get more info?
When I inquired for the school, you can order over the phone right from Max's. They sometimes bring some, but better to order since the size may not be standard issue Bimmer. Shoot them an email too and they will send you pricing and info. I can't find the email anymore. It's a good deal. Not ridiculous, but cheaper than you can buy online.
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #80
btao
Pwned

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
The RVW 300 will start at 8:00. There is no requirement to finish. We will also be providing a one or even two base routes that will be great rides. You'll be stopping for points but these won't be winning routes.

Folks entered in the RVW 300 will be sent a .GPX file by email a few days before the ride. You'll be able to plan your ride from the .GPX files, the rallybook you'll receive has the instructions as to what to do at each location.

Given that the RVW 300 runs from 8:00 to 4:00pm you could hit a bunch of points and be back by 1 and still have a pretty decent score.
Ok, great. I assume you need to be there for the start, or can you be a little late? It's going to be tight: drop off baby, ride up there, drop off gear and get to starting line. I'm looking at a 2+hr ride there.... Could get interesting... Or, I could end up in the GS Challenge.... TBD.

Either way I'll be there for the dinner and raffle on Saturday.
btao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #81
Ritalin Boy OP
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Ok, great. I assume you need to be there for the start, or can you be a little late? It's going to be tight: drop off baby, ride up there, drop off gear and get to starting line. I'm looking at a 2+hr ride there.... Could get interesting... Or, I could end up in the GS Challenge.... TBD.

Either way I'll be there for the dinner and raffle on Saturday.
Considering the dinner and the RVW 300 have the same cost it sounds like your best bet is to sign up for the dinner.

Swing by the MAX BMW Motorcycles tent when you get there for information. I bet there will be copies of one of the RVW base routes for folks to play with.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #82
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 940
GS challenge

Will the challenge have different size bike classes? What is the smallest size bike allowed? Are street legal 2 strokes allowed in the challenge or for the summit ride?

Thanks for all the info
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #83
Ritalin Boy OP
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro618 View Post
Will the challenge have different size bike classes? What is the smallest size bike allowed? Are street legal 2 strokes allowed in the challenge or for the summit ride?

Thanks for all the info
Classes will be determined shortly before the start.

Will have to check on the two stroke, I have a feeling that may not work. I had a plated 250 2 stroke I'd be doing the barbershop ride for sure.
Old 09-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #84
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by techgeek View Post
Great.. now I've *got* to at least give it a try on my el-cheapo Full Bore M40 tires.. ;) (which so far seem to be holding up OK...)

Challenge ACCEPTED!
I can bring a pretty beat TKC that's still better than a new FB if you want

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin

boinoodle screwed with this post 09-25-2013 at 03:54 AM
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #85
LIVSTROM
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
If I just want to do the dinner, where would I pay or when? Im riding up fri leaving sunday?
LIVSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #86
Ritalin Boy OP
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVSTROM View Post
If I just want to do the dinner, where would I pay or when? Im riding up fri leaving sunday?
If you follow the link below you can register for the dinner only.

You'll have to click through a bunch of screens until you find the page where you choose either the GS Challenge or the dinner only.

It looks like the dinner and challenge are set up as the same "event" at Motorsportreg.com, otherwise I could provide a direct link.

If you don't mind please let us know if you encountered any issues trying to register for dinner.

Registration page is here.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #87
Denny Mann
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Thumb The Colors Look Good

I rode up Platte Clove, Rt. 16 and through Hunter yesterday and fall is off to a colorful start. Should be a great event.
Denny Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #88
EastBoundAndDown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
If I have to work Saturday but am free Sunday, is there any reason to head up Sunday morning?

KTM 200, Concours 1000
EastBoundAndDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #89
Ritalin Boy OP
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundAndDown View Post
If I have to work Saturday but am free Sunday, is there any reason to head up Sunday morning?
Sure.

While the GS challenge and RVW are Saturday there will be demo rides and off road rides on the mountain on Sunday. Things wind down around 3pm.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #90
Wolfe B
Path less chosen

Oddometer: 14
What time is the skills practice/workshop happening on Friday? I'm riding in from Hamilton, ON (6+ hours) on Friday and want to make sure I arrive in time to grab a quick rest before the workshop.