User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
heavy_-j OP
Need me some Adv!

Oddometer: 30
GP Setup is just impressive!

So everyone knows that moto GP bikes are absolute marvels of modern science....but this little clip is really cool getting to see how well they have these bikes set up to adjust anything and everything!

Just watch how fast the whole rear shock assembly or fork cartridges can get swapped! These techs can probably do all of this in their sleep I'm sure.....

Anyway, I got a kick out of this...enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVFS8e3cRY

PNW riders...hit me up! I'd love to tag along and learn the the area better and get some riding in with good peoples...I can just cruise or ride WOT all day...I'm game for anything.
heavy_-j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #2
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_-j View Post
So everyone knows that moto GP bikes are absolute marvels of modern science....but this little clip is really cool getting to see how well they have these bikes set up to adjust anything and everything!

Just watch how fast the whole rear shock assembly or fork cartridges can get swapped! These techs can probably do all of this in their sleep I'm sure.....

Anyway, I got a kick out of this...enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVFS8e3cRY
Yeah that's pretty interesting. I remember someone talking about suspension adjustments on modern sport bikes. "you've got 100 different combinations you can set on your bike. 99 of them are wrong." With a GP bike it's probably more like "you've go 1000 different settings. 900 of them are wrong and 99 are tantalizingly close."
For any body who's turned a wrench it's interesting to see how well thought out and easy they've made it to make adjustments on the bikes.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
Yeah that's pretty interesting. I remember someone talking about suspension adjustments on modern sport bikes. "you've got 100 different combinations you can set on your bike. 99 of them are wrong." With a GP bike it's probably more like "you've go 1000 different settings. 900 of them are wrong and 99 are tantalizingly close."
For any body who's turned a wrench it's interesting to see how well thought out and easy they've made it to make adjustments on the bikes.
and that changes every track