Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #91
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
I listed it as free, hoping that it would go to someone who needed a dryer but couldn't afford one.
Turns out the folks in that position are there because they are too lazy to even get off their asses to pick up a free one.
I learned that lesson with an artificial Christmas tree. The only people who wanted it (for free) also wanted me to deliver it to what passes for the hood in my area. I'll pass.

In some cases it does make sense to put some kind of value on it. I bet you could have put the drier up for $35 and got $25 for it.

The other thing I've done giving stuff away is to put up a free add saying its at the curb at my address, with no email contact info. This helps give some sense of urgency, and you don't even have to deal with anyone's communications.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #92
El Pescador
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Had to bump for this one...

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/4000466138.html

Looking for a panal van that runs or minor work. Trade for 1982 yamaha 750 neefs carbeators rebuilt got 22190 milrs. Been in storage.
El Pescador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #93
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
Had to bump for this one...

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/4000466138.html

Looking for a panal van that runs or minor work. Trade for 1982 yamaha 750 neefs carbeators rebuilt got 22190 milrs. Been in storage.
Can't type worth a crap! Probably double-keyed the zeros on the price

Still, there's probably some dumbass out there with a panel van of similar value who is looking for a bike
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #94
KungPaoDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
So, I threw the sporty up on c-list after riding it for a little while. The main plan was to flip it in the long run. I rode my fz6 after riding the sporty for a week and it was like night and day. smooth and comfy on the fz6 vs. vibey and cramped on the sporty. The sportster is seriously fun to ride, but not for long periods of time, I've found.

Anyway, I had a lady email me about it:

Her: That is the ugliest sporty I have ever seen.
Why would you take off the forward controls ?
Just plain stupid........
Good Luck

Who the hell wastes their time and emails people to talk shit about the stuff they are selling?

Well, for fun, and to waste my time I responded:

I didn't take off the forward controls, but I wouldn't have bought it with them. You have better control of the motorcycle with them (mids). I wouldn't expect a simpleton like you to understand that, though.

Sent from my iPhone

She wrote back:

Hello Dickhead......
If you were a true Harley Rider you know it's about what looks better not if you have better control.....All sportster customs come with forward control........
You probably wear a helmet also.......DickHead.....lol

Sent from my iPad

Lol.

Me: Ahh, form before function, you must be a "true Harley rider". Yep, I do value my life and motor skills, so I do wear a helmet. I guess I'm not your typical Harley fashionista. You probably shouldn't even be looking at sportsters though, because a real Harley rider, like yourself, knows that sportsters are real pussy bikes.

Also, may I remind you, that you emailed me to tell me that the bike I had was ugly and stupid, so I think you're the dickhead in this situation, XXXXXXXX.

Name withheld to protect the stupid.
I think you got trolled by someone with about as much time on their hands as the averge ADV'er
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #95
ozmoses
Ride On

Oddometer: 2,378
In response to a auto for sale ad:

2:19:08 PM shoot me a message here:

everything sounds very dandy just that i wanna make sure you are a real human being. i can meet tomorrow after i get off from work so message me back.

- 168,000 miles whatever you have listed is something have definiately wanting for really long time.

Looks like I have a buyer!!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #96
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,192

I'm sure they will wire you the money right over, and send their shipping agent to pick up
whatever you have listed.
That is low miles for one of those.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #97
Mrmerlin
K1300S fast as shi..

Oddometer: 318
I got a few of these today, seems the more legitimate buyers have their name come through on the E mail I get

interested e mail me here.

hoping it is not already sold as i am seriously interested in picking it up with my spouse tomorrow or so. or maybe this weekend not sure yet so let me know if it is still there.

tomororw is friday so it might be better or saturday too. just tell me what time. Large collection of Aviation books for sale,

2:09:36 PM shoot me a message here:

everything sounds very dandy just that i wanna make sure you are a real human being. i can meet tomorrow after i get off from work so message me back.

I have a vintage Raleigh Competition bike Reynolds 531 with middle grade Campy components. whatever you have listed is something have definiately wanting for really long time.
Mrmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #98
*Gmoney*
don't look here

Oddometer: 910
When I get a email in response to what I am selling on Craigslist,
and don't want to deal with it,
I response with,

I'm Fucking Craig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH1cFnzzp7w

I never hear from them again.
*Gmoney* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #99
ozmoses
Ride On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmerlin View Post

interested e mail me here.

hoping it is not already sold as i am seriously interested in picking it up with my spouse tomorrow or so. or maybe this weekend not sure yet so let me know if it is still there.

Got this one too.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #100
Disco Stu
I'm Barry F'n Gibb!!

Oddometer: 5,217
I have my own internet domain, so I set up a separate email account for use with craigslist whenever i list something. That way, I can tell the dickheads to go fuck themselves via a reply email without them ever seeing my name.
Disco Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #101
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,692
I was selling a Yamaha Zuma 125.

Got all kind of strange trade offers.

One guy wanted to trade me a bunch of fishing rods and pool sticks. Told me I could sell them on EBay for over $3k. (I was only asking $2k for the bike)
I said why don't you sale them on EBay and then use the money to just buy a bike. He didn't really have an answer for that question and he was about 3 hours away.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #102
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,436
It's like the internet one big car and your free to rage all you want with no connection to others. No one get into a close space with a stranger and starts yelling , ranting and raving at them. More likely to get shot then no in the usa for doing that with stand your ground etc.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #103
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post
It's like the internet one big car and your free to rage all you want with no connection to others. No one get into a close space with a stranger and starts yelling , ranting and raving at them. More likely to get shot then no in the usa for doing that with stand your ground etc.
Wait, what now?
C/1/509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #104
ozmoses
Ride On

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetalscooter View Post

Are you sending these CL replies?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #105
RhinoVonHawkrider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,259
Caveat Emptor

Don't remember ever having a problem buying or selling on CL.

I did sell a mint '07 Gixxer 750 for a friend about 3 yrs ago. Man that's a great moto.

Anyway, I rode it to the guy (turned out to be a 20 yr old) his father comes out of the house ranting, "he's not buying the bike" the kid was really embarrassed. I met him in the school yard up the road with his uncle. His uncle, I think was a HD rider & is looking over the moto. I said there's 6k on it. It's mint, not a dent nor hair out of place.

I told the kid that the Gixxer is no joke and not to kill himself.

I hope he's still alive...

Sent from the basement. Hey Ma more meatloaf.
Until the colour of a man's skin - Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -Me say war RNM
RhinoVonHawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote