Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #121
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorPoor View Post
Every time I've sold shit on CL I get people asking questions which are already answered very clearly in the ad. Apparently reading comprehension is not something taught in schools anymore?
So, are you saying that because CL people ask questions which are already answered very clearly in the that you wonder if reading comprehension is not something that is taught in schools anymore?

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #122
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveydavey View Post
So, are you saying that because CL people ask questions which are already answered very clearly in the that you wonder if reading comprehension is not something that is learned in schools anymore?
Fixed for ya!
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #123
Sethro303
Master of Disaster

Oddometer: 276
So a little whole ago I posted my F250 power stroke on CL, because it just sits and I was thinking of getting a half ton gas truck as a daily driver.
After receiving an email of interest I responded with my phone number so me and this "buyer" could speak directly. Shortly after I sent the email I start getting texts.

Him- So what would you really take for the truck
Me- $18,500. Just like I had in the ad.
Him- Would you take payments.
Me- Yes, one payment of $18,500.
Him- I don't have that much money.
Me- The bank does, why don't you go get a loan.
Him- I would but I don't have a job. Do you think I could get a loan.
Me- I don't think this is going to work out.
Him- I really want your truck, it would be my first car
Me- wait, how old are you?
Him- 15
Me- Sorry, truck is not for sale. Goodbye.

I should have known he wasnt legit, but I always give people the benefit of the doubt.......and it screws me every time.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/
Sethro303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #124
farqhuar
Lone Wolf

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
Fixed for ya!
Really?

The word you are looking for is LEARNT.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #125
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by farqhuar View Post
Really?

- Teach me not to be such a smartass. Would you believe me if I said it was a deliberate mistake
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #126
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,818
Quote:
- Teach me not to be such a smartass. Would you believe me if I said it was a deliberate mistake
[Klay]smart ass[Klay]

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:04 PM   #127
cccolin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 867
had a seller negotiate with me on CL for nearly a week about the price, where and when I could see the bike, etc. finally settle on a time and a place, and as I'm getting ready to leave, he emails me," one last thing. I don't have the title. I need the money from the sale to pay the bike off. I'm a man of my word, and I will send you the title when it gets to me." are you fucking nuts? I'm not handing some rando $3500 and taking his word for it that he's going to send me the title. the fuck is wrong with people.

had a second seller agree to a time and place to see the bike, emailed me as I was driving to meet him, "hey, i promised my buddy this bike a while back and now he wants it. sorry, can't sell." fucking hell, dude, i'm in the car on the way to you already. make up your goddamn mind.
cccolin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #128
GapRunr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccolin View Post
had a seller negotiate with me on CL for nearly a week about the price, where and when I could see the bike, etc. finally settle on a time and a place, and as I'm getting ready to leave, he emails me," one last thing. I don't have the title. I need the money from the sale to pay the bike off.
Meet him at the bank that holds the title. He'll need to call them ahead of time and make sure they have it at the local branch, then you can pay off the lien with the amount required and give the rest to the seller. The bank will sign the title and provide a release for the lien. I've done this before and it was pretty painless overall.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:45 PM   #129
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccolin View Post
had a seller negotiate with me on CL for nearly a week about the price, where and when I could see the bike, etc. finally settle on a time and a place, and as I'm getting ready to leave, he emails me," one last thing. I don't have the title. I need the money from the sale to pay the bike off. I'm a man of my word, and I will send you the title when it gets to me." are you fucking nuts? I'm not handing some rando $3500 and taking his word for it that he's going to send me the title. the fuck is wrong with people.
Pre-CL days...I had a guy show up minus $1,000 of a $4,000 deal we had made for a van I was selling. He asked me to sign the title over to him. He'd go to town, get it transferred, get tags and bring the other $1,000 back. Yeah, Uh huh.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:18 PM   #130
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,635
wow. some real horror stories concerning buyers

when i bought my bike on CL i tried to make it as easy on sellers as possible, which in turn made it easy on me. i'd email with a fair offer on an obo bike, state my payment method (mostly cash and ended up all cash but included a couple of prepaid $500 debit cards for a bit), and let the sellers know without a doubt if the bike was everything they said it was in the ad i would take it on the spot. because its a used bike and good ones don't last where i live. so i did my research, knew what i was looking for, knew how much i had to spend, and went looking for willing sellers who could meet with me at their convenience

i ended up making an obo offer of $3,000 on a bike the seller was asking $3,700 obo for and a couple weeks later listed it at $3,500 obo. i emailed saying 'if everything is as you say with the bike i will take it asap, $3000 cash'

got an email the next day saying "you're our best offer!" had my bike a couple days later and all was right and painless
Old 06-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #131
catweasel67
Still a B.A.N

Oddometer: 8,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by farqhuar View Post
Really?

Quote:
"Learned" is a North American conjugation. The civilised world uses "learnt" .
Guns don't kill people, people kill people but people with guns manage to kill more people than people without.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:15 PM   #132
BillsburgGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
$29 for a $1000 canoe?

I posted an ad for a whitewater canoe with custom Kevlar skid plates on both ends, included strap seatbacks, 3 paddles and a rolling cart to get it from car to water. New, about $1400. Excellent condition (which it was) worth around $1000. I spell it out and say I will take $500 cash just to make this quick and easy.

First offer via CL: "will you take a used, blue Magnavox DVD player as a trade?"

Second offer came from a minister who took it all the next day for $500. And the day after, when found a few more related accessories (paddle tethers, folding sawhorses for storage etc.) I dropped those off at his house, courtesy of me.
BillsburgGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #133
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,417
Recent conversation with a CL guy selling his SM. Loved the apology, but by then I'd already agreed to buy another bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #134
xltrider
Seasoned Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Not craigslist, BUT I recently sold my Cagiva Gran Canyon here on ADV. I stated in the ad I was interested in an air cooled I-4 café bike or a straight out sale. $2700 and no low ball offers.
I got 2 separate pm's from one member asking why there was no centerstand and offered me $1000 for it. I replied "NO LOW BALL OFFERS". He came back with a reply: $1100 Cash?
Some people are just assholes.
2012 Suzuki DL1000
xltrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #135
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,256
We just went to look at an iron bed on CL feeling guilty because we had no plans to buy. We were looking to buy the same brand by mail order and wanted to see one in person. But somehow I ended up going home to fetch cash and my trailer. So much for trying to be a CL asshole. Well, either that or I got totally played by my wife in the first place.