ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Louisville, KY - Buying Site Unseen, Need Bike Checked Out

I have been searching for a Triumph Daytona 675R for a long while and finally found a good deal on a 2012. Unfortunately it's in Louisville and I am in DC. I don't think I am going to be able to get out there to see it before I release funds to the seller (assuming that's what I end up doing). If the seller agrees, would anyone be willing to go take a look at the bike and just verify it is in the condition he describes, etc? Thanks in advance.
Boomstick1491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,841
I posted your request over on the Louisville rides thread. Hopefully someone who knows triples will get back with you. BTW, if its being sold by Commonwealth cycles you're good to go.
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
FYYFFKY
Adventurous

Oddometer: 348
I'll send you a PM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
I'm not familiar with the bike you are looking at but I've been riding and wrenching forever. I can give it the once over if you'd like. Just post back with some details and we'll try to get it done.

John
Old 07-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourjon View Post
I'm not familiar with the bike you are looking at but I've been riding and wrenching forever. I can give it the once over if you'd like. Just post back with some details and we'll try to get it done.

John
Hey John,

Thanks a lot for the offer to help. FYYFFKY has offered to take a look at the bike, but he's tied up after Wednesday night. If things take that long to arrange, I will ping you and let you know. Thanks again!
Old 07-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
dougfromindy
I smell premix

Oddometer: 2,259
maybe one piston is out?

I heard this bike running...
sounds like its only running on 3 cylinders.
probably should pass
dougfromindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
Sourjon
TAT'erd

I forgot to mention I'm headed to Colorado Friday afternoon. Any time before that long as it's fairly close by.

John
Old 07-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougfromindy View Post
I heard this bike running...
sounds like its only running on 3 cylinders.
probably should pass
ZING!

Quote:
I forgot to mention I'm headed to Colorado Friday afternoon. Any time before that long as it's fairly close by.

John
John,

I assume this was meant for me. Depending on what happens with the seller returning my calls, etc., and timing, we may need to call you into the action. Thanks again for the offer to help.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #9
dav_dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 793
backup number 3...or 4...not sure where i am in the lineup :-)

Dave Sharp
502-608-622seven
Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 AM   #10
Boomstick1491 OP
Adventurer

Thanks to all for the responses and willingness to help. Josh met the seller and checked out the bike yesterday. While he was unable to ride it, he described it as appearing to have just rolled off the showroom floor, or a demo bike that was ridden around the block a few times. The seller was also very nice and professional. These are all good signs and today is the day I make an offer. Let's hope it is accepted and that sweet little piece of sex on two wheels can make it's way east to me...

If accepted, anyone know someone who might be willing to transport it? I have an auction up on uShip, but only one bidder for $385. If someone could beat that, it'd be awesome.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
Sourjon
TAT'erd

If I wasn't going to Colorado I'd have to see what a one way from there to here would cost. Ride it up to you and fly back. Probably get it done for less than $385 and get to ride it across WV to boot. WOOHOO!

John
Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #12
patmo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
It's aprox 1300 miles round-trip from L'ville-DC and back, depending on your route used.

If you figure 20mpg and $4 gal gas, which is probably optimistic on mpg and pessimestic on gas price, that's right at 260.00 in fuel cost. Then consider cost for food and possibly lodging and the bid doesn't seem to bad. Doesn't leave a lot of profit margin, does it?
patmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #13
Sourjon
TAT'erd

He's probably also bidding on a return load as well either back here or to a third destination with a load from there to here. Or at least that would be my strategy. I would like to ride that rocket ship across WVa and fly back all in the same day. Say $100 plane ticket and $65 gas plus some tolls and maybe a cab fare. $300. All day fun and clear $100

John
Old 07-31-2013, 06:04 AM   #14
patmo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
He's probably also bidding on a return load as well either back here or to a third destination with a load from there to here. Or at least that would be my strategy. I would like to ride that rocket ship across WVa and fly back all in the same day. Say $100 plane ticket and $65 gas plus some tolls and maybe a cab fare. $300. All day fun and clear $100

John
I'm sure he is, I would do that also, but no guarantee that you can secure a return load, so have to cover all the expenseses on each bid. I also didn't include wear and tear and maintence costs in the vehicle used, let alone the initial cost or payment on that vehicle. Just trying to point out things that must be considered when pricing a transportation bid, and what may seem high to many, really isn't.

A fly and ride or rent a truck/trailer by the buyer is usually the cheaper way to go...if they have the time.

In any event.....I hope the bike works out for him.....they are really nice bikes!
patmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:20 AM   #15
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Yeah I probably ought to include a speeding ticket too.

John