Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #16
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
Spent about fifteen years in the Park City area back in the mid 80's to late 90's, used to go up the Guardsman all the time, but never on the scooter, spent lots of time Mt biking there too, last time I was there 2012, was amazed at the growth and what not!!! Still, it is an awesome place and you are doing a very nice job showing it off....thanks!!!!

Leonardo da Vinci[/FONT]
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:42 AM   #17
psmcd OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Spent about fifteen years in the Park City area back in the mid 80's to late 90's, used to go up the Guardsman all the time, but never on the scooter, spent lots of time Mt biking there too, last time I was there 2012, was amazed at the growth and what not!!! Still, it is an awesome place and you are doing a very nice job showing it off....thanks!!!!
Late 60s, early 70s you could ride about anywhere. Now it's private and closed many places. Yesterday, lightning struck near Rockport reservoir about 2PM and by 10PM about 15 homes/cabins that probably didn't exist 15yrs ago are now gone. Be interesting to see what's happening today.

On the plus side - we have a great and growing network of Mtn Bike trails. I've only been hiking/cycling past 30 yrs so am now learning I have to range further to find moto open areas. Dual-sport bridges the gap and I ride 20 - 60 miles pavement to get off road. American Fork canyon is the largest, closest area of open trails so I'd recommend it to anyone coming through the SLC area. Some trails are dirt bike only but with proper selection even a loaded traveler can get up for some great views - I'll cover Granite Flats/Silver Lake as camp potential in near future. This reminds me, anyone looking to camp seriously consider the above mentioned intersection of FR180 with the 157 trail as a camp site - no water but classic views.
psmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #18
psmcd OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmcd View Post
This reminds me, anyone looking to camp seriously consider the above mentioned intersection of FR180 with the 157 trail as a camp site - no water but classic views.
There is water a couple miles down the single-track at Mud Springs or from one of the creeks down the road a few miles .

6/5/14 8:45PM
psmcd is offline   Reply With Quote