User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
sam2 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
82 WR430 crank gear HELP PLEASE

Ok I got the motor split to replace the crank seals and i can't get this damned gear off of the LEFT/SHIFTER side of the crank. I made a puller similar to the one i saw on HVA factory that was labeled as a crank gear puller, and no dice. Any insight as to how this is done would be greatly appreciated!! I can't find any good pictures of anything (internal wise) of this year, only the late 80's LC motors. Anyone know where I can get some good pics of one of these motors split? Also, If anyone had a digital copy of the manual that would be amazing. Thanks for reading!
sam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
You need a hydraulic type puller, with legs that fit your crank pinion perfectly. Best of all would be to find someone who rebuilds these motors, and has the proper factory tool. They are a very tight fit, and a normal screw type puller wont be able to apply the pressure needed.
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
sam2 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Ok I got the crank gear off with my home made screw type puller just needed a couple smacks with a hammer Can I safely press the crank out of the left case half now (using the tusk splitter tool that was used to press on the other side to split the case)?? I'm assuming this will need to be done to get at the crank seal I need to replace...
sam2 is offline   Reply With Quote