ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
MountainGoatMyke OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Pine Valley, Utah. Dual Sport Riding / Camping

Last year I went with a group on a couple hundred mile ride through the backroads of Pine Valley, Utah. It was a great time.

http://my2wheels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9157

Well, The season for this area to ride is coming to a close soon as snow will fall in a few months. I want to ride this area again :) !!

I'm working on finding a cabin or tent camping in Pine Valley for the dates of 9-20-13 through 9-22-13.

Is anyone interested in riding this area with me and possibly a few more riders from my area ?

Here's some photos of last years ride:

ride at Pine Valley and beyond
We woke up and hit dirt with the entire group of 7: HHH, jrozar, MGM, me, motomj, KC-10 ENG, and Dave.
This day proved why I need the Go Pro wireless remote. I screwed up many photo ops and videos thinking I was turning it on when in fact I was turning it off. :mad
Anyways, here are some Go Pro shots and a few phone pics. There are no captions because I have no idea where we were. lol I think it was something like 150 miles of awesome.

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir. 1901
MountainGoatMyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
dunefreak
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Stoked to do this trip again!!
Old 08-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
jrozar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
I'm in, had a blast last year....

here is some more info-

On Saturday we have a long scenic loop through the area that ends at the Brandon Iron Steak house for dinner located in Pine Valley. The food was excellent last year and they even set our tables up away from everyone else...I dont know if it was we were special guest or smelled that bad after the ride.

There are several options for camping, you can open camp for free a mile or so outside of town in Grass Valley, get an RV or tent spot in the State Park, or sometimes in town one of the busiensses has KOA style camper cabins for rent.

The following link is for reservations for the state park- http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...O&parkId=70526

jrozar screwed with this post 08-02-2013 at 07:40 AM
jrozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
MountainGoatMyke OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Excellent !! I worked on the bike tonight to get things ready for the fun ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrozar View Post
I'm in, had a blast last year....

here is some more info-

On Saturday we have a long scenic loop through the area that ends at the Brandon Iron Steak house for dinner located in Pine Valley. The food was excellent last year and they even set our tables up away from everyone else...I dont know if it was we were special guest or smelled that bad after the ride.

There are several options for camping, you can open camp for free a mile or so outside of town in Grass Valley, get an RV or tent spot in the State Park, or sometimes in town one of the busiensses has KOA style camper cabins for rent.

The following link is for reservations for the state park- http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...O&parkId=70526
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. - John Muir. 1901
MountainGoatMyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #5
jrozar
Studly Adventurer

Looks like I may be riding the 640 so I may leave with you guys Friday morning from Vegas.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
StG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Looks like fun! Any chance you guys have gps tracks of previous years' rides? Wouldn't mind exploring out there...
StG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #7
jrozar
Studly Adventurer

I don't...
Old 09-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #8
jrozar
Studly Adventurer

Bump for this weekend