User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Tom_D OP
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Saddlemen Adventure Tour

I just purchased the LOW version of Saddlemen's Adventure Tour seat for my 2012 990 Adventure.

I thought people might be interested in some specifics.

The LOW Adv Tour seat is less than 1/2 inch lower than the stock saddle but it is much narrower and rounded in the front part (about 1"narrower) and so it seems easier for me slide forward and reach the ground at a stop. (I have a 30" inseam) They say it will compress more with use. I can almost flat foot on one side with one foot on peg.

The weight of the Saddlemen Tour seat is 9 lbs verses only 5.4 for the stock seat. Most of the weight seems to be in the pan. The saddlemen's pan is much more substantial than the stock seat and the attachment tabs are metal verses the plastic ones on the stock seat. And the cover is riveted to the pan rather than just stapled on the stock seat.

Overall the quality seems good and ready for heavy use. I have only done a two hour ride (about 60/40 dirt) and I found the saddle nice and firm and a comfortable shape and it does not get in the way when I stand on the pegs.

cheers
Tom
Tom_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Barekat
Looking to get dirty

Oddometer: 107
pics?
2005 750 Kat Custom bar risers w/SV1000 bars, A'ME Heated Grips, Givi PL533, Givi E36NJ, Chopped shovel, modded windscreen with chopped Lockhart Phillips Euro Speed Screen, CyberPoet's mirror extenders, FP 5 Degree Advancer, Ballistic 12 Cell EVO2 battery, Fumoto F-111
Barekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #3
mikeash
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Just got one of these too. 400 miles so far, and I love it. I commute two hours each day round trip to work. Had the Corbin, and it was too wide, and I would always slide forward on it. Glad Saddleman came out with these.

Here's a pic of one from another thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=795468
mikeash is offline   Reply With Quote