ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #61
voodoo child
Slowly I turned.....

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMmer950 View Post
Hay RoadDad, OBD and WRJim are staying in Danville Friday night and Jim has a friend that has a room also. I will call him tomorrow and find out if he wants a roommate or you could stay with us if you don't mind a roll-away. We are planning on going to Eddie Montgomery Steakhouse Friday night. If you have never been there it is very cool.
You might want to call them........Voodoo_wife mentioned just the other day that EM's Steakhouse is closed/bankrupt.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #62
mbabc
Curmudgeon trainee

Oddometer: 1,841
Yeah, looked closed as I went by. Mark can you confirm?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk now Free
I don't know what time it is, I've switched to kilometers
mbabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #63
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
Article in the CJ on Tuesday that a Lexington bank was suing him and the ex for 12 million over the failed restaurant. Seems she got it in the divorce and immediately closed it.

John
Old 10-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #64
markdvk OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourjon View Post
Article in the CJ on Tuesday that a Lexington bank was suing him and the ex for 12 million over the failed restaurant. Seems she got it in the divorce and immediately closed it.

John
Yes, Eddie Montgomery's has been closed for several months now. For places to eat, Harrodsburg has the normal fast food, 2 pretty good Mexican places (La Fonda's is my favorite) and a Chinese place. There's also Beaumont Inn. Dinner there will probably cost about $20 per person and up.

Danville is about 10 minutes South. They have a new Cheddars, an O'Charley's, Applebees, Reno's steak house, and the normal fast food.

Shaker Village (known as Shakertown or Pleasant hill www.shakervillageky.org) has a restaurant that's different and a little expensive but not bad. Springfield has Mordecai's which is supposed to be really good but a little expensive. Actually both are probably priced similar to Eddie Montgomery's. For a lower key atmosphere, Burgin has the Village Inn. Its easy to find at the only stop light in town on the intersection of 152 and 33. They are known for catfish and "The Kickstand" accessory shop is right across the street.
markdvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:43 AM   #65
markdvk OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc View Post

Saw a couple of these official looking signs, can someone 'splain them to me??

!
Here's what I received from my friend Kent Anness who works in Geographical Information Services for the state:

"Those are probably response area signs for the areas around the Chemical Weapons Storage facility in Richmond."
markdvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #66
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,826
Hey Mark nice pics man! I know the signs you speak of well as we crossed all kinds of them last weekend all around the Blue Grass Army Depot. I was freakin' out when I saw them and only had crazy, tin foil hat thoughts running through my head
They have created a perimeter around the depot as they store all kinds of chemical weapons there and this "grid" they have created is supposed to be in case there is a problem or spill. You can read about it here:

http://csepp.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/C9F...stofZones2.pdf

or here if you want all the info...

http://emc.ornl.gov/products/csepp-p...e/PlanGuid.pdf

Now me, as I am the paranoid, anti government type was taking pictures of these brand new signs and taking note as to their locations...all I kept thinking was FEMA camps!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #67
LexLeroy
Aging Gracelessly

Oddometer: 1,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbabc View Post

This was the narrowest paved road I've ever been on. My mirrors were almost hitting the brush on both sides.

A buddy and I rode this one a few weeks ago. It's shaded and not well traveled so it's got some slick mossy spots. Keep your eyes open on this particular stretch. Oh, and on-coming traffic can make it... interesting.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #68
KTMmer950
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Thanks guys for the info on the restaurant that was a nice place sorry to hear it is gone. We are staying in Danville so we will find something there and not have to drive as far.
KTMmer950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #69
RoadDad
n13ub

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Hay RoadDad, OBD and WRJim are staying in Danville Friday night and Jim has a friend that has a room also. I will call him tomorrow and find out if he wants a roommate or you could stay with us if you don't mind a roll-away. We are planning on going to Eddie Montgomery Steakhouse Friday night. If you have never been there it is very cool.

I've got no problem with a roll-a-way or the floor or I would be happy to split a room with anyone. Let me know where you are going to stay and what time you'll be there.
RoadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #70
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,494
Quote:
Thanks guys for the info on the restaurant that was a nice place sorry to hear it is gone. We are staying in Danville so we will find something there and not have to drive as far.
For nourishment in Danville head to the Beer Engine. They don't have much in the way of food, just snacks, but really good beer. And there is a pizza place across the parking lot.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:01 AM   #71
DDACT
No...WAIT!

Oddometer: 21
2 more coming from Lexington tomorrow. Might caravan down with Catbus.
DDACT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #72
brewski83
JUST SPIT ON IT

Oddometer: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossedxsparrow View Post
A friend and I will be joining from so Indiana and Louisville. Very excited for the ride.
I'm coming from Palmyra, IN area. Need another riding buddy for the trip down??
brewski83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #73
Crossedxsparrow
n00b

Oddometer: 4
We were gonna meet at my place over here at about 8. Wanna meet him at Dairy Queen at highlander point a little earlier than that?
Crossedxsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #74
CatBus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDACT View Post
2 more coming from Lexington tomorrow. Might caravan down with Catbus.
I have penciled in the ride, and I think Karl is coming down from Louisville. I am hoping to catch DDACT in Lex tomorrow morning.

I have met some great people riding motorcycles. It's hard to believe it was almost ten years ago I started riding the area with some of you! I can still remember my first "group" ride with Jeff Stoess, organized through this site iirc (and subsequent flat tire that resulted in meeting Jim Clark).
CatBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #75
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBus View Post
I have penciled in the ride, and I think Karl is coming down from Louisville. I am hoping to catch DDACT in Lex tomorrow morning.

I have met some great people riding motorcycles. It's hard to believe it was almost ten years ago I started riding the area with some of you! I can still remember my first "group" ride with Jeff Stoess, organized through this site iirc (and subsequent flat tire that resulted in meeting Jim Clark).
LOL, good times!
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote