User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
spencergt66 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 715
OS Front Rotor?

Looking at going to a single OS front rotor on the front of the 990 ADV Cant seam to find one though ADV spacific.

Any one know if the make a Kit or if the 990SM version is bigger? Want to cut down on the unsprung weight on the front end and declutter a bit on the ammount of hoses
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
spencergt66 OP
Studly Adventurer

So none around then?
Old 06-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,608
You want to keep the stock caliper and master cylinder, you just want a single, bigger rotor, right?

AFAIK, I've have read on here that the stock m/c won't work well with a single rotor, you'll need an SE m/c, or at least one with those dimensions (piston size).
As far as the rotor goes, there are floating supermoto race rotors out there, along with a caliper relocation bracket. The 950 Supermoto rotor won't work - very different front wheel.

Chuckracer screwed with this post 06-28-2014 at 09:53 PM
Chuckracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
spencergt66 OP
Studly Adventurer

Did some calling around and came up with nothing. SM is no issue but no one makes a kit for the Adv or OS rotor for that matter.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #5
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 682
Craig at CJ Designs was working on a caliper relocation bracket for the 950/990's. You could give him a call and find out if that project is going anywhere.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #6
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
Couple other threads on this. There was a disc/bracket combo available on E Bay that worked with the Adventure caliper. Checking in the last few weeks they appear to be no longer available. What I got was an E Bay/Chinese rotor and bracket which works with the KTM single dirt bikes (450 etc.) caliper. I had one of these calipers and am using it now. Works fine for me with 690 Enduro master cylinder. I am going to modify a bracket to accept the Adventure caliper which uses a 20% bigger pad.

FWIW
Old 07-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #7
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,523
Spencer,

This is the thread about how I did the conversion on my 950SE. Unfortunately the Braking caliper relocation bracket seems to no longer be available.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...isc+conversion

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #8
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
I see you were asking about the SM parts. The 950 SM uses radial mount calipers. So any bracket for a conventional mount caliper would not work. I had an SM but don't know the size of the discs or whether they would bolt on to the Adventure wheel. SM uses cast wheels.

The E Bay kit I bought came with a 330 mm disc and relocation bracket. As I mentioned, bracket will not work with Adventure caliper, without modification.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:00 AM   #9
spencergt66 OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
I see you were asking about the SM parts. The 950 SM uses radial mount calipers. So any bracket for a conventional mount caliper would not work. I had an SM but don't know the size of the discs or whether they would bolt on to the Adventure wheel. SM uses cast wheels.

The E Bay kit I bought came with a 330 mm disc and relocation bracket. As I mentioned, bracket will not work with Adventure caliper, without modification.
I only asked about the SM because I was hoping for a quick fit but they obviously wont work seems that there are a few ways to get something like this but alot of what has been used is no longer available.

KTM twins told me they are working on an OS kit for the 1190 but I could care less about that thing, not sure why they were trying to tell me about that.

Anyway Im going to keep looking Im sure Ill get something bolt on, well hopefully

Thanks for the link Brent still have to go through and see whats still available that people got to work.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #10
Peanuts
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,477
The Braking 320 mm or ktm hardparts 320mm disc designed for 450 smr/exc models will fit the adv wheel but the adapter will not fit the adv caliper. It will fit the forks so you could use an exc caliper.
Peanuts is offline   Reply With Quote