ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #181
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 876
Does the glove box thingy work for 06 990`s? The fuse box would have to be unscrewed first I take it.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #182
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
Does the glove box thingy work for 06 990`s? The fuse box would have to be unscrewed first I take it.
There are only 2 requirements on all Advs. One, ADV's with the ECU up top behind the glove box will have to move the ECU down a bit. We will be working on a kit for this. So far we have only seen this on older 950's. You are good if you're ECU is behind the front mesh screen. You can see it very easily if its there just by looking under the headlight behind the mesh.

Second, it is made to compliment the Rottweiler Intake and make it ultra easy to service so it only works with our airbox. The stock snorkel and stock box will not clear it.

The fuse block is bolted to it and stays with the bike now and the clear cover still works the same. We will have detailed instructions within one week as we released 5 new products at once to make the KTM rally we couldn't complete all of the instructions. We will have videos as well.

There are some on ADV here that already have them and might be able to give you a consumers point of view.

Cheers,
Chris P
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #183
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 876
Very cool.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #184
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,303
This was me in Silverton trying to work on carb settings:

Then I saw the CPR kit at CJ's event in Steamboat Springs and figured out that it would be possible to entirely remove the carbs without removing the tanks. I'm in! Super nice stuff. Thanks for making it to CJ's campsite event.
Orangecicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #185
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
This was me in Silverton trying to work on carb settings:

Then I saw the CPR kit at CJ's event in Steamboat Springs and figured out that it would be possible to entirely remove the carbs without removing the tanks. I'm in! Super nice stuff. Thanks for making it to CJ's campsite event.
What we had in mind was making servicing the filter / pre-filters a one minute ordeal. (We know of the importance of having a beer after maintenance and wanted to speed that process up a little to reward our intake customers)

The obvious byproduct is that you can be looking at your carbs in less than a minute. We had allot of very happy ADV riders at the KTM rally regarding the Snap Out bracket. To see their faces light up at the prospect of never having to remove 12 stinking bolts again or drop them into the pit of despair was reward enough.

On another note, huge love and thank you's to all that came out to see us at the KTM Rally!! We were blown away at the reception we had there and made allot of great friends in the community. Many of whome made our vendor booth their home base and hung out all weekend helping us show the new stuff. Awesome, awesome, awesome. We even got a chance to load the new maps into some bikes there and had great results. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to everyone we got to know and we will certainly be signed up for future rallies. We got a chance to ride the new 1190 a couple times and the good new (for us that is), is that it is plugged up like a fat kid at a hot dog eating contest and we will have one on order so we can have intake and exhaust kits as early as possible. They should come in around December.

Cheers,
Chris Parker
Old 09-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #186
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post

Second, it is made to compliment the Rottweiler Intake and make it ultra easy to service so it only works with our airbox. The stock snorkel and stock box will not clear it.

oof, that sucks. i wish you had put that caveat on the description...
NY to Alaska Ride Report Aug 14'
2014 Rides: Katie M Big girl & Berg Hoon'icycle
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Rodknee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #187
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,913
Not only does it make things easier to get to and make adjustments it leaves a little room to locate the facet fuel pump and regulator rectifier. So far so good with this set up.........

my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #188
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rodney View Post
oof, that sucks. i wish you had put that caveat on the description...
You're 100% correct and we apologize for missing that. Our hands were bleeding getting ready for this rally and we uploaded the new parts to the store at about 1:00 in the morning and missed a couple details assuming everyone knew what it was for. Our bad. We will have makes and models updated by tomorrow as we are on the road home.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #189
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Quote:
You're 100% correct and we apologize for missing that. .
no problem! i understand. email inbound.
RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Old 09-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #190
CPRFAB
Banned

We have updated the site with the current models and availability. It is accurate now. For the "Snap Out" Bracket, we will be working on a kit for the Adv's from 03 to 05 to move the ECU to clear it and on the "Dog House" storage box we will have a 950 version soon as the diaphragm from the carb hits the current unit and the frame is slightly different.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #191
Rodknee
I wish I was Ghetto

Quote:
For the "Snap Out" Bracket, we will be working on a kit for the Adv's from 03 to 05 to move the ECU to clear it and on the "Dog House" storage box we will have a 950 version soon as the diaphragm from the carb hits the current unit and the frame is slightly different.
if a 990 owner were to use, say a replacement filter for the snorkel, would the snap in bracket work? i would not be opposed to using something like this pre-filter if it would work:

RIP Buddy 1999-2014
Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #192
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
There are only 2 requirements on all Advs. One, ADV's with the ECU up top behind the glove box will have to move the ECU down a bit. We will be working on a kit for this. So far we have only seen this on older 950's. You are good if you're ECU is behind the front mesh screen. You can see it very easily if its there just by looking under the headlight behind the mesh.

The fuse block is bolted to it and stays with the bike now and the clear cover still works the same. We will have detailed instructions within one week as we released 5 new products at once to make the KTM rally we couldn't complete all of the instructions. We will have videos as well.

There are some on ADV here that already have them and might be able to give you a consumers point of view.

Cheers,
Chris P
I'm preparing to buy the entire kit (filter, glovebox mount, extra box for behind filter) for my 950 Adventure. Please let me know when you've got the ECU relocation issue addressed. I'm planning on buying a 990 glove box to install with the kit, ditching my old painted 950 box for the newer black box.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #193
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
I'm preparing to buy the entire kit (filter, glovebox mount, extra box for behind filter) for my 950 Adventure. Please let me know when you've got the ECU relocation issue addressed. I'm planning on buying a 990 glove box to install with the kit, ditching my old painted 950 box for the newer black box.
What year/model is your bike? The 03-05 950's have the ECU up top and will hit it. We will have Jimmy Lewis' bike when he returns to figure that one out as his is a beat to hell 04. The 06 and on 950's glove box works with the Snap Out just fine and the new box on the older bikes is fine too.

The tool box for now only fits the 990 FI bikes as the diaphragm hits it so we are going back to the drawing board to make one for the 950 as well very soon. The trio of parts were the most popular items at the KTM Rally. They all compliment each other very nicely and just work well in conjunction with one another. We like making parts like that.

Chris
Old 09-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #194
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rodney View Post
if a 990 owner were to use, say a replacement filter for the snorkel, would the snap in bracket work? i would not be opposed to using something like this pre-filter if it would work:

Maaaybe. It's the clearance between the bottom of the tool box and the top of the airbox that I need to know and every KTM adventure at my disposal has a damn Rottweiler Intake on it so send me some side shots of the clearance between the two and I'll tell you.

Chris
Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #195
Orangecicle
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
What year/model is your bike? The 03-05 950's have the ECU up top and will hit it. We will have Jimmy Lewis' bike when he returns to figure that one out as his is a beat to hell 04. The 06 and on 950's glove box works with the Snap Out just fine and the new box on the older bikes is fine too.

The tool box for now only fits the 990 FI bikes as the diaphragm hits it so we are going back to the drawing board to make one for the 950 as well very soon. The trio of parts were the most popular items at the KTM Rally. They all compliment each other very nicely and just work well in conjunction with one another. We like making parts like that.
Chris
My bike is a June 2004 build, so it has 2004 and 2005 parts on it. My ECU is up near the snorkel. Not sure what you mean by the diaphragm hitting the tool box. The emissions crap is bolted to the back of the air box on a stock bike, but I would bet that nearly no one with an 04-05 bike still has that on.