Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #196
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecicle View Post
My bike is a June 2004 build, so it has 2004 and 2005 parts on it. My ECU is up near the snorkel. Not sure what you mean by the diaphragm hitting the tool box. The emissions crap is bolted to the back of the air box on a stock bike, but I would bet that nearly no one with an 04-05 bike still has that on.
The Snap out plate on 03-05 950's needs the ECU moved and the 950's with carbs stick back and hit our current Dog House storage box. We will have a tool box made for the carbed bikes soon. Both of these only work with the Rottweiler Intake System filter.

The Snap Out fits all Adv's from 06 - 13
The Dog House fits all Adv 990's
Both only fit with the Rottweiler Intake as it creates enough room for them to exist.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:43 AM   #197
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 964
Chris, thanks again...

...for your great demo at the rally and for donating the snap out kit as a raffle prize ...yes, that ploy did work, and I see my intake kit is on its way...
Any idea how hot the dog box runs in summer...would hate to find my chihuahua looking like a pharaoh's pet after a long ride...seriously though, I am looking for a place for spare tubes. I currently keep them in my side fairings but I have Safari tanks ready to install and will lose these little storage spots. Worried that tubes won't hold up long term and I will find out at the worst possible time.

Also with the LCD kit for the PC5, am I right in thinking that fueling can be changed on the fly, like a Juice controller for a diesel, so I could dial it back on a long haul, then switch to super smooth lowdown fueling when I hit some rocky hills? I apologize if this is covered elsewhere - just point me at the right thread if it exists.

Oops...edit...I just went back and read your post #42... Answered my last Q. The system Sounds awesome, especially for the wantonly distracted highway cruiser.

RoundOz screwed with this post 09-18-2013 at 04:50 AM
RoundOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #198
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
...for your great demo at the rally and for donating the snap out kit as a raffle prize ...yes, that ploy did work, and I see my intake kit is on its way...
Any idea how hot the dog box runs in summer...would hate to find my chihuahua looking like a pharaoh's pet after a long ride...seriously though, I am looking for a place for spare tubes. I currently keep them in my side fairings but I have Safari tanks ready to install and will lose these little storage spots. Worried that tubes won't hold up long term and I will find out at the worst possible time.

Also with the LCD kit for the PC5, am I right in thinking that fueling can be changed on the fly, like a Juice controller for a diesel, so I could dial it back on a long haul, then switch to super smooth lowdown fueling when I hit some rocky hills? I apologize if this is covered elsewhere - just point me at the right thread if it exists.

Oops...edit...I just went back and read your post #42... Answered my last Q. The system Sounds awesome, especially for the wantonly distracted highway cruiser.
Burritos good, Snickers Bar bad. We have used one through this summer traveling to some hot areas and while we haven't had a tire in there, we have not seen significant issues from the heat. We have carried little plastic bottles of Windex wrapped in a towel and one bloated a tiny bit. Temperatures can range in the higher 100's but tubes take way more abuse than that in your tires. I would be more worried about chafing so if you wrap the tube in a rag or towel, you'll be just fine. No ice cream either.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #199
Mariel@teamcprfab
Got Rotti?

Oddometer: 16
Store Fixed. Buy now from Internet E,Firefox,Chrome,Safari, etc.

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Mariel Parker and I work at Cpr Fabrications / Rottweiler Performance.

I just wanted to let you know that the Store is fixed, and now you can buy from any Internet Browser.

-Internet Explorer.
-Mozilla/Firefox.
-Chrome.
-Safari.

Thank you for being our customers and support our products, I work every day, making sure your orders are fulfilled on time. Customer Service is my priority, so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. info@rottweilerperformance.com

On another note, It was a real pleasure to meet many of you in person in the KTM Rally in Colorado, Hope to see you guys soon on some fun ride!

Best Regards,
Mariel Parker

Mariel@teamcprfab screwed with this post 09-23-2013 at 02:27 PM Reason: typo
Mariel@teamcprfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #200
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 784
So how big is the storage area that we get by fitting the dogbox? Is it just a space that is revealed or is it an actual box installed?

Also, I have a CPR air filter on my 950 allready, but am thinking of putting one on my 990. I guess they are a diffrent base?
Does the induction noise sound the same on both bikes?

Cheers.

rossguzzi screwed with this post 09-23-2013 at 05:44 PM
rossguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #201
BMacW650

Oddometer: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
So how big is the storage area that we get by fitting the dogbox? Is it just a space that is revealed or is it an actual box installed?

Also, I have a CPR air filter on my 950 allready, but am thinking of putting one on my 990. I guess they are a diffrent base?
Does the induction noise sound the same on both bikes?

Cheers.
It's smaller than I thought, but Definitely sizable to fit lots of tools and parts in there.

BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #202
jconly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMacW650 View Post
It's smaller than I thought, but Definitely sizable to fit lots of tools and parts in there.

Looks like it's gonna get real hot in there.
jconly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #203
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by jconly View Post
Looks like it's gonna get real hot in there.
Just pick what you put in there, and pack carefully.

This is what happened to a multimeter I had in the bottom of the stock 950 tool bin.

I put the replacement further up in the stack, and so far it has survived just fine.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #204
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,528
Ordered my filter today.....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #205
CPRFAB
Banned

For the record that multimeter was not in our "Dog House" storage box but that sort of thing may happen. We say, "Ice cream bad, burritos good". So whatever goes in there must handle heat in the mid 100's +. Rubber tubes can handle allot and get very hot in a tire carcass so those are okay in the Dog House.

Chris
Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #206
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
Just pick what you put in there, and pack carefully.

This is what happened to a multimeter I had in the bottom of the stock 950 tool bin.

I put the replacement further up in the stack, and so far it has survived just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
For the record that multimeter was not in our "Dog House" storage box...
Sorry if I did not make that clear.

The two points I was trying to make were:

1- Even the stock tool storage gets hot.

2- The Dog House box probably does not get too hot to be useful.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #207
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerSickle View Post
Sorry if I did not make that clear.
You certainly did. We just thought that someone breezing by the thread might get the wrong idea if not read thoroughly.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 09-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #208
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Quote:
You certainly did. We just thought that someone breezing by the thread might get the wrong idea if not read thoroughly.

Cheers,
Chris
shouldn't you be busy building headers for 950SE's....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Old 09-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #209
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
shouldn't you be busy building headers for 950SE's....
You SE guys keep beating on us about it. We got allot of it at the rally in CO as well. Maybe we should talk group buy. We would need to sell about 10 to make it worth the while and would need a straight doner bike. The tooling and background we did for the Adventure 990 was countless hours and is only now starting to pay off with the initial sales and buzz about them.

Maybe get a thread going and lets see what we could do. Expect a full system to start at 2K. The ADV 2-1 full dual chamber system is 2299.00 and the dual out is 2559.00 to give you an idea. They are over 20 hours of hand fabrication each and we use very expensive American grade 304 18 to 22 gauge stainless. Not to mention a ton of development hours that as of now aren't built into the price.

Chris
Old 09-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #210
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Quote:
You SE guys keep beating on us about it. We got allot of it at the rally in CO as well. Maybe we should talk group buy. We would need to sell about 10 to make it worth the while and would need a straight doner bike. The tooling and background we did for the Adventure 990 was countless hours and is only now starting to pay off with the initial sales and buzz about them.

Maybe get a thread going and lets see what we could do. Expect a full system to start at 2K. The ADV 2-1 full dual chamber system is 2299.00 and the dual out is 2559.00 to give you an idea. They are over 20 hours of hand fabrication each and we use very expensive American grade 304 18 to 22 gauge stainless. Not to mention a ton of development hours that as of now aren't built into the price.

Chris
I was shocked at the gains from an Akro header for my 690...so I am a believer....Plus if Jeff (Tahoacr) has something and I don't I go green with envy.......
'Berg 570..Trail Beast