Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #211
Zander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
I often ride in an area where noise is a problem if we want to keep riding there. I installed decibel killers on my scorpion pipes to get the noise way down.

How noisy is the Rottweiler system on a 950 Adv ?
Old 09-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #212
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
I often ride in an area where noise is a problem if we want to keep riding there. I installed decibel killers on my scorpion pipes to get the noise way down.

How noisy is the Rottweiler system on a 950 Adv ?
My experience with open-ish intake systems (had open bell mouths on 40mm Dellortos on my 900SS) is that it is only noticeable because it is right in front of your wedding tackle. In other words, if your neighbors/forest service workers are actually riding your bike they might complain, but only if they have no taste whatsoever
Old 09-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #213
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
My experience with open-ish intake systems (had open bell mouths on 40mm Dellortos on my 900SS) is that it is only noticeable because it is right in front of your wedding tackle. In other words, if your neighbors/forest service workers are actually riding your bike they might complain, but only if they have no taste whatsoever

+1

It's really only at WOT and doesn't boom outward like an exhaust. You will be hard pressed to find a complaint on the sound.

Chris
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #214
BMacW650

Oddometer: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
+1

It's really only at WOT and doesn't boom outward like an exhaust. You will be hard pressed to find a complaint on the sound.

Chris
I wish they can hear what I'm hearing though. It sounds awesome!
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #215
Zander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Ok, I'm convinced, it's now on my to do mod list !
Old 09-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #216
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
Ok, I'm convinced, it's now on my to do mod list !
We've got some additions to the suite of products we have now that we think you will like if your considering the filter kit. They allow you to get to your filter and get it out in under 20 seconds. This is a must for the 950 guys doing jetting testing and good for anyone swapping pre filters. We will have some product videos soon.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #217
Grinderman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Hi Chris,
Let me start by saying thank you for your effort and professionalism. Met you at the rally and was very impressed by your whole presentation, products, and attitude. Purchased your shirt and wear it with pride! Ran your filtration system from sea level to 13000 ft. in CO and it was awesome. Smooth, smooth, smooth. Picked up the quick release glove box solution and ran into the ecu problem that has been mentioned. I have an 06 950. Have you figured a solution to this yet? Thanks again for what you do, and deciding on doing it on our beloved bikes.
G Man.
Grinderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #218
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinderman View Post
Hi Chris,
Let me start by saying thank you for your effort and professionalism. Met you at the rally and was very impressed by your whole presentation, products, and attitude. Purchased your shirt and wear it with pride! Ran your filtration system from sea level to 13000 ft. in CO and it was awesome. Smooth, smooth, smooth. Picked up the quick release glove box solution and ran into the ecu problem that has been mentioned. I have an 06 950. Have you figured a solution to this yet? Thanks again for what you do, and deciding on doing it on our beloved bikes.
G Man.
G Man, (it was a bit funny to put faces to all the avatar names at the rally) we have been full throttle since the rally with fulfilling orders for the new stuff and I am just trying to get an 03-05.5 950 in the shop to make the adapter part. If there is anyone in the Orange County CA area that wants a free "Snap Out" bracket in return for a couple hours with your bike, please contact us @ 949-412-1971. Admittedly only a couple were sold by accident to the older 950 crowd before we caught it. Jimmy Lewis regularly stops by as he lives close and we are waiting for his bike but he is out of town with his riding schools quite often so we never know when we can catch up with him. If for some reason it takes too long, we are happy to refund your dinero and you can keep the part until we have an update.

Best to you and so great to finally meet all of you at the rally. We can't wait to do another one! That... was a blast!

Chris
Old 10-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #219
BigTony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
I've searched a bunch but haven't found anything...

Are there any good running TuneECU maps for '07-08 bikes yet? My 07 990 engine is stock with LeoVince exhaust. I'm just doing valves and SAS/SAI delete and am tempted to go for more power but only if there is a map I can run with decent results. I'd do a dyno tune but haven't found anyone local for less than $500
BigTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #220
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGibbons View Post

Are there any good running TuneECU maps for '07-08 bikes yet? My 07 990 engine is stock with LeoVince exhaust. I'm just doing valves and SAS/SAI delete and am tempted to go for more power but only if there is a map I can run with decent results. I'd do a dyno tune but haven't found anyone local for less than $500
This map is on the Tune ECU page and is for an 07-08 990 Adv with stock airbox and air filter and Akrapovic exhaust. It should work well with your stock intake setup with Leo Vince exhaust.

http://www.tuneecu.com/Tunes_in_Hex_...0704501Map.zip

All on the Tune ECU maps page:
http://www.tomhamburg.net/KTM_Tune_list.html
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #221
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,473
Quote:

There are several decent working tunes out there that are from reliable sources that will work well for a typical 990 ADV applicaiton. With the TuneECU software, the interface cable and access to the interwebs, you can pull in different tunes and apply them to the 07-08 ADV base tune. I did this for my 950 EFI ADV using a 990SMR tune using the 'compare' feature in TuneECU. I took the base US KTM map, then 'compared' copied and pasted the source into the map I wanted to load into the ADV hashed map..... I tried the CPR fab's tunes, but my bike didn't like it. Probably because its not a usual setup being a 950 with SD cams, header and non restrictive muffler.

Lots of fun!
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #222
BigTony
Gnarly Adventurer

Good stuff - I have a tuneecu cable and have swapped between the akra and stock map, as well as custom one shared with me by an inmate.

Wow Head2Wind sounds intense trying to get things dialed in with your custom setup. I haven't really gotten into editing maps - I just can't get my head around how to diy it w/o a wideband o2 and that sounds like a whole bunch of effort and $$...

Anyway - have folks used the akra map with the rottweiler setup with success? I'm kinda hoping to find a hex file that is proven on 07-08 models that I could just load up and run
Old 10-27-2013, 06:18 PM   #223
BigTony
Gnarly Adventurer

No one is using the 07/08 maps on CPR's website? Looks like they've got a base map, -1%, and -2% map. They're listed for a 2:1 exhaust

Has anyone used these maps with the rottweiler on an 07/08 and have any commentary on fuel mileage and/or smoothness/power?

Quote:
Good stuff - I have a tuneecu cable and have swapped between the akra and stock map, as well as custom one shared with me by an inmate.

Wow Head2Wind sounds intense trying to get things dialed in with your custom setup. I haven't really gotten into editing maps - I just can't get my head around how to diy it w/o a wideband o2 and that sounds like a whole bunch of effort and $$...

Anyway - have folks used the akra map with the rottweiler setup with success? I'm kinda hoping to find a hex file that is proven on 07-08 models that I could just load up and run
Old 10-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #224
boat.man
Chief bottle washer

Oddometer: 165
07-08 tune

I have been running the -2% tune from Chris sense the rally. The fueling is super smooth and WOT is ! The fuel consumption is a little better (less) than the Akro map! I am very happy with the map. Thank you Chris. You saved me about $700 bucks getting a custom dyno tune/map.
2 sleds
lets go play!!
boat.man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #225
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by boat.man View Post
I have been running the -2% tune from Chris sense the rally. The fueling is super smooth and WOT is ! The fuel consumption is a little better (less) than the Akro map! I am very happy with the map. Thank you Chris. You saved me about $700 bucks getting a custom dyno tune/map.
Is this something you could share ? I would be interested to try it if possible. I will pm you.
Cheers.