User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 AM   #226
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 965
Excellent!

Recently got done with my CPR install. I have to say that with the Snap out glovebox and Dogbox this is one of my best upgrades, just for that convenience alone.
I'm sorry if this has already been covered but, Chris, can you clarify...I only see one TuneEcu map for 2009+ Model years....is this correct and what was the setup that was used for it? I have a Remus 2-1 with the dB killer removed and run mostly around 4000 ft elev.
On the TuneEcu website there is Powertripp's 2-1 map that looks like it would be suitable...any feedback from inmates on how this works with the CPR setup?
Obviously no map is perfect without fine tuning on the bike but I would like to start with the best base map and develop it as needed.

RoundOz screwed with this post 10-28-2013 at 07:09 AM
RoundOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #227
boat.man
Chief bottle washer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
Is this something you could share ? I would be interested to try it if possible. I will pm you.
Cheers.

CPR has the 07-08 tunes on his download page:
http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/Downloads.html

Have fun!
2 sleds
lets go play!!
boat.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #228
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 787
I checked out his page but it seems he only has the maps for 2-1 set ups. Hopfully in time he gets a few 07 2-2 maps as well.

Cheers
Old 10-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #229
boat.man
Chief bottle washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
I checked out his page but it seems he only has the maps for 2-1 set ups. Hopfully in time he gets a few 07 2-2 maps as well.

Cheers
I am running the 2-1 map with dual AKRO's and it is just fine. I think it is still plenty rich. I may still put it on a dyno some day to have a look at the A/F ratios, but i am honestly not worried about running lean.

PS. I also have the O2 sensors removed the secondary butterfly's removed + G2 throttle tamer with 400 cam in it.

And a 2012 TPS sensor... I think that's about it...

And the Rotwieler intake + snap out kit
And about about a million other farlkes and fixes.

What a money pit!
2 sleds
lets go play!!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #230
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by boat.man View Post
I am running the 2-1 map with dual AKRO's and it is just fine. I think it is still plenty rich. I may still put it on a dyno some day to have a look at the A/F ratios, but i am honestly not worried about running lean.

PS. I also have the O2 sensors removed the secondary butterfly's removed + G2 throttle tamer with 400 cam in it.

And a 2012 TPS sensor... I think that's about it...

And the Rotwieler intake + snap out kit
And about about a million other farlkes and fixes.

What a money pit!
2-1 maps with a 2-2 Akro set up. Does it pop on decel? How is fuel mileage?

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #231
boat.man
Chief bottle washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
2-1 maps with a 2-2 Akro set up. Does it pop on decel? How is fuel mileage?
The bike runs great! No poping on decel. The fuel economy is a little better than with the Akro map. However I am beating on the bike so hard now days because it sounds so cool and will give me gas wheelies on command I really could care less about a couple MPG
2 sleds
lets go play!!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #232
Zander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
With an open foam filter set-up, is there any chance that the carbs will suck in water in a good downpour ?

Won't the water get in the carbs when water crossing ?

Since I told some fellow KTM owner about my intention of going to a Rottweiler system, this is the type of questions that keeps coming up ...

Water crossing is one thing, but any of you experienced problems with water making it's way to the carbs in rainy days ?
Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 AM   #233
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,495
No issues here

Sent from ADVmachines.com via Tapatalk
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #234
pdxmotorhead
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
?? have you ever pulled the air cleaner? Heck I'm surprised air can get to it.. The g-box and tanks look to me like they will provide adequate protection..

Posted before but I use these on dirt sprint cars and the mud does not bother them at all.. An over wrap is a good idea just to make them easier to clean.

Your fording depth is probably going to be 5" lower.. But I don't ride in water that deep!
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
With an open foam filter set-up, is there any chance that the carbs will suck in water in a good downpour ?

Won't the water get in the carbs when water crossing ?

Since I told some fellow KTM owner about my intention of going to a Rottweiler system, this is the type of questions that keeps coming up ...

Water crossing is one thing, but any of you experienced problems with water making it's way to the carbs in rainy days ?
pdxmotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 PM   #235
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 372
I'm having a problem with the filter install. I have everything done but I can not get the filter to latch onto the base plate due to the breather hose not letting it move over enough so the lip can catch. I can make it work if I remove the hose so it's just the thickness of the hose that is screwing me. I emailed Chris and I'm sure he will get back to me in the morning but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue.

Thanks...
Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 PM   #236
DirtyADV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidxr View Post
I'm having a problem with the filter install. I have everything done but I can not get the filter to latch onto the base plate due to the breather hose not letting it move over enough so the lip can catch. I can make it work if I remove the hose so it's just the thickness of the hose that is screwing me. I emailed Chris and I'm sure he will get back to me in the morning but I was wondering if anyone has had this issue.

Thanks...
Dont understand how the breather hose can stop you from getting the filter to latch on?

Had no issues when I installed mine, did a writeup about it with quite a lot of picture if that could be any help:

http://www.dirtyadv.com/cpr-trio-installation/

/Johan

www.dirtyadv.com (under construction)
DirtyADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:07 PM   #237
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 372
The breather hose on the inside is close enough to the edge of the base plate that I can not move the filter enough to the side that latches under the base plate. If I remove the hose I have just enough room to get it over enough to latch under the base plate. So it's the thickness of the hose that is stopping it.

Make sense?
Old 11-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #238
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 965
similar experience

Mine was hitting on something on the inside. ..but I thought it was the throttle bellmouth. It was also close to the left frame tube. It took me a little pushing and squeezing from below to get it. I had my tanks off for other reasons so if you haven't tried that I would recommend it. I bought the short bellmouths from CPR after the fact. Chris had a short one paired with a long one when I saw his bike at the KTM rally...something about staggering intake impulses to boost torque. I'm not chasing every last footpound on this beast but I thought it might help the reinstall when I pull the filter for cleaning. I expect a few heat cycles will make the components find each other better next time
Old 11-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #239
DirtyADV
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,953
Quote:
The breather hose on the inside is close enough to the edge of the base plate that I can not move the filter enough to the side that latches under the base plate. If I remove the hose I have just enough room to get it over enough to latch under the base plate. So it's the thickness of the hose that is stopping it.

Make sense?
Missed that part about adding a short piece of hose, just had the check valve in place and no hose at all on the inside when installing mine.

Was rushing a little to have time to get the dog house and snap out bracket in place also.

At least it will be easy to access and add that (maybe a little harder if there are clearence issues).

/Johan

www.dirtyadv.com (under construction)
DirtyADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:02 AM   #240
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,793
Quote:

Thanks...
I had the same issue. When I first installed the system I tried getting the filter to latch onto the baseplate for close to an hour to no avail. The short length of breather hose that sits inside the filter cavity just simply doesn't allow enough clearance for the filter to move to the left enough so that it can latch onto the baseplate. I resolved it by not using the short length of curved breather hose inside the filter cavity. You don't need it. The crankcase breather hose connects directly to the baseplate with that metal 1-way check valve, therefore it breathes just fine into the inside of the filter cavity. Again, the short length of breather hose that connects to the check valve on the inside of the filter cavity is not needed. Remove it and the filter will install just fine. I have been using my Rottweiler intake system without this short length of breather hose inside the filter cavity since I installed and the bike runs perfect. You will find this solves your issue. Cheers.
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote