Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #241
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 975
It should still work without the hose but I think the idea is to direct any blow-by oil into the cylinder instead of onto the baseplate. I'm sure if it arrives as a mist, most of it will get sucked in, but larger drops and condensation would otherwise drip from the end of the hose. My OEM filter showed some oil contamination after ~14k miles but that small amount around the trumpets and on the baseplate should not be a gamechanger and would clean up easily with some solvent.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #242
Alleycatdad
Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer: 1,418
Yep. Same issue here. It finally went on but fought me all the way.

Sa
Bad decisions make good stories.
Alleycatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #243
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Oddometer: 2,351
all i gotta say is WOW! im a very happy camper. just got back from a short test ride with the new intake and map from CPR. bike feels like i always wanted it too. pulls hard, fast, and sounds amazing. whole process was actually much easier than i had my self worked up into believing. just took my time, made sure i paid attention, and got it done. the remapping was the easiest part of all. now i cant wait to get it out for a real ride in the dez. maybe sunday....

thanks Chris. this thing rocks!

laters,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
laramie LC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #244
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramie LC4 View Post
all i gotta say is WOW! im a very happy camper. just got back from a short test ride with the new intake and map from CPR. bike feels like i always wanted it too. pulls hard, fast, and sounds amazing. whole process was actually much easier than i had my self worked up into believing. just took my time, made sure i paid attention, and got it done. the remapping was the easiest part of all. now i cant wait to get it out for a real ride in the dez. maybe sunday....

thanks Chris. this thing rocks!

laters,

laramie
+1 My feelings about the intake system as well!
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #245
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

Can anyone post up the CPR map your using. Not sure if i loaded the correct one. I think I might just have the EU Akra map. I know I downloaded the correct one from CPR but not sure if that's the one I used.

Thanks,

laramie

'12 LC8 990R, '02 LC4 640, '05 WR 450f (part-out), '98 XR400R, '76 KE100, '05 525 (Step-Child)
Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #246
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 380
I'm still running the Akro map on my 2007. I'm going to try one of the CPR maps today. BUT... Right now it seems to run absolutely perfect. I know it's putting out more power because the front end is off the ground more now. I have zero popping on decel as well.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #247
The Griz
North Forest Rider

I'm running the one from the Rottweiler site. On their site it's under "Downloads" and is called "ADV 990 2011 In - Ex - Tune ECU". However, the hex file for Tune ECU that's downloaded and used when you click that link is called:

ADV_990-R_2011_USA_Rott_Intake_-_Akr_Ex_Tune_ECU__See_Map_Infos_.hex

All in all, I'm using this exact one downloaded from the Rottweiler site with great success.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #248
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

thanks guys. i contacted chris and he sent me the one i needed. im pretty sure i had the correct one installed (i had saved it to my desktop instead of into the file with all the others) but Tune ECU only identified it as the R Akra map. it has the same hex.file number but the one i just received from chris is described as intake with 2-1 remus in tune ecu. not sure if he added the info after i had downloaded the map or if it is truely diff?

unfortunately you cant just download the MAP's from his site anymore. guess some jokers were taking the cheap route and buying another filter and base set-up then going to his site and stealing the map. so, he removed the links and is now only giving them to genuine customers. i totally agree and have been amazed at some of the issues i have seen in the forum with this. hard for a guy to make a living when everyone keeps stealing his stuff...

laters,

laramie

Old 11-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #249
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Quote:
guess some jokers were taking the cheap route and buying another filter and base set-up then going to his site and stealing the map. so, he removed the links and is now only giving them to genuine customers. i totally agree and have been amazed at some of the issues i have seen in the forum with this. hard for a guy to make a living when everyone keeps stealing his stuff...

laters,

laramie

Glad things are working.

+1 on the above.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #250
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,148
Quote:
stealing the map. so, he removed the links and is now only giving them to genuine customers.

laramie
Stealing?
Some of the maps were not his to begin with?

In addition, the whole point of TuneEcu is to share maps.....

Fwiw.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #251
laramie LC4
crash test dummy!

look, im not gonna start feeding the trolls here but...

ALL those MAP's were either bought from the customer, paid for from the tuner, or modified by Chris. the fact that he ws offering them for free just shows what kind of guy he is.

as for believing everything i hear....all i can say is i can read, and what i've been reading lately doesn't look kindly on some.

i have nothing but positive things to say about Chris and his efforts. he has never been anything but a stand up guy in my book. that to me is worth more than anything else, as apposed to the actions of some others...

laters,

laramie

Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #252
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Chris designs and manufactures unique and highly functional products. I get that the idea of a filter that snaps onto a base is no new concept. True, it's been around in auto racing for years. But CPR's design and execution of a filter that snaps onto a base is unique in many ways. One being the type, number of layers, and cell densities of the filter media. Another being the design of the base plate to accept both the air temp sensor and crank case breather hose. Yet another being the fact that CPR was the FIRST to design a baseplate that fits properly and seals properly around the throttle bodies. To say what CPR has done is not unique and original just because they use a filter on a baseplate is like saying that what The Beatles did is not unique because they used a drum set, a bass guitar, a guitar and a tambourine. Sure, things exist that have already been created or concepted all around us. How we come up with new things is by altering these things or improving on them. Riffing on it. The evolution of rock and roll is a great example. Or the evolution of the automobile or motorcycle. Are you going to tell Ford they don't have a unique design for a pickup truck just because Chevrolet makes a pickup truck too? I think not. Chris came up with the idea of utilizing a filter and baseplate for the 990 first, executed it in ways that were copied, deserves the credit, and deserves respect for doing so. Not to mention the level of support and knowledge he is willing to provide to his customers.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:14 PM   #253
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,301
True that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Griz View Post
Chris designs and manufactures unique and highly functional products. I get that the idea of a filter that snaps onto a base is no new concept. True, it's been around in auto racing for years. But CPR's design and execution of a filter that snaps onto a base is unique in many ways. One being the type, number of layers, and cell densities of the filter media. Another being the design of the base plate to accept both the air temp sensor and crank case breather hose. Yet another being the fact that CPR was the FIRST to design a baseplate that fits properly and seals properly around the throttle bodies. To say what CPR has done is not unique and original just because they use a filter on a baseplate is like saying that what The Beatles did is not unique because they used a drum set, a bass guitar, a guitar and a tambourine. Sure, things exist that have already been created or concepted all around us. How we come up with new things is by altering these things or improving on them. Riffing on it. The evolution of rock and roll is a great example. Or the evolution of the automobile or motorcycle. Are you going to tell Ford they don't have a unique design for a pickup truck just because Chevrolet makes a pickup truck too? I think not. Chris came up with the idea of utilizing a filter and baseplate for the 990 first, executed it in ways that were copied, deserves the credit, and deserves respect for doing so. Not to mention the level of support and knowledge he is willing to provide to his customers.
And what may be well overlooked is that Chris is one HELL of a rider. He's a multi top 10 Baja Score finisher. I was lucky enough to witness Chris doing some amazing riding technique, putting his 990 through terrain it has no reason being in. And above all, he's one of the most patient and humble guys out on a ride.

DesertSurfer screwed with this post 11-04-2013 at 09:32 PM
DesertSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #254
RoundOz
Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer: 975
To continue in the same vein of providing useful info...

...well I think it's useful anyway...
Just got done with fitting my CPR, Snapout and Dogbox and my new Safari tanks. No major issues - it all works together. The tanks hit the rubber of clamps that hold the Dogbox but those back corners tighten down ok...plastic to rubber. The Snapout fits over the frame lugs that are the top locators for the tanks. Because it effectively reduces the height of the lug you have to be a bit more careful hanging the tanks...I have always screwed one of the long bolts in there temporarily so that the tank can't fall off anyway, while I mess with bottom crossover fuel hose.
Obviously with the thickness of the Snapout plate the tank initially sits a little higher, but I had no issues lining up the two small fairing screws on each side after I tightened down the top tank bolts to compress the rubber grommets sandwiched underneath...it all went super smooth. I was surprised as Safari does not have the level of quality control of some other specialty manufacturers I could name...I won't go there as I don't want to get into trouble for praising a vendor.
Can't wait to fire it up!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #255
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundOz View Post
...well I think it's useful anyway...
Just got done with fitting my CPR, Snapout and Dogbox and my new Safari tanks.
That's good info about the Snapout and Safari combo, I was wondering as the safari are not perfect like you mentioned. Thank you.

I would prefer if the snapout lock wasn't centered in the middle of the compartment but perhaps right under the oem fuse block. Maybe i'll modify one to make it work like that. hum.....