User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #271
BMacW650

Oddometer: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÖÖ. View Post
This Rottweiler setup with all the extras looks so good. But I'm still wondering about few things which are keeping me away from the "pay with paypal" -button.

How do you prevent water entering the engine when washing the bike or leaving it standing in the rain? Or is that a problem at all?

People driving in places where they use salt on the road, do you have any signs of corrosion on your carbs / tb's?
Most of the issues you mentioned (taking in water, corrosion) are not unique to this intake system. If your concern is the foam filter vs paper system, then that's nothing to be worried about. I'm pretty sure the salt dust are no finer than some of the other particles these foam filter+oil can block out.

When the bike is not running, the oil is enough of a barrier to prevent splashes from getting in. You really can't shoot high pressure water directly at the filter when the bike is in one piece. (I washed my bike plenty times, this never even crossed my mind).

In terms of rain. I've ridden and sat my bike in heaving rain for 10+ (sat overnight). That's never been a problem.

BMacW650 screwed with this post 12-26-2013 at 05:48 PM
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #272
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,549
+1
Remember that the foam filter sits under a fuel tank (stock or Safari or otherwise on all 950 models) and a bunch of shiny plastic bits that will protect it from rain and your garden hose.
Now, if you were to uninstall the plastics and tank AND then aim a hose directly onto the foam ... but you'd never do that, so it's not going to be an issue.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #273
BykBoy
Meshuganeh

Oddometer: 542
I want to share my great experience with CPR Fabrications.

Late last year, I put in an order for the Christmas special Trio package (Rottweiler Intake System, Snap-Out, and Dog House). A day later, I got an E-mail from CPR stating that because the special was very popular, the Rottweiler was out of stock. As a result, my order would be delivered one or two weeks late. As compensation, they offered me a choice of red or gray pre-filter .

Fast forward two weeks. The trio arrived and I got to work installing it right away. As you can see in the video, I did quite a lot to the bike all at once... Canistersectomy and SAS removal, Rottweiler install, ABS relocation, underseat fuel tank, and ECU re-mapping.

After the re-map, my bike didn't run well. I contacted Chris from CPR and he helped me identify and fix the problem. The issue was not related to the Rottweiler or TuneECU. Never the less, Chris took the time to call me and research the issue. He also put me in touch with Jeff (a true ECU guru), who also helped me trouble shoot the issue.

It turns out that it was 100% user error on my part. After removing he stock airbox, I flipped the rubber boots that hold the throttle bodies in place. How I got them to fit is beyond me.. At any rate, this caused a bad seal which allowed air into the engine, resulting in engine surging.

I can't say enough about how helpful and patient both Chris and Jeff were. Going above and beyond and providing this kind of support makes CPR Fabrications one of the best companies I had the pleasure to do business with.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:05 AM   #274
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by BykBoy View Post

Fast forward two weeks. The trio arrived and I got to work installing it right away. As you can see in the video, I did quite a lot to the bike all at once... Canistersectomy and SAS removal, Rottweiler install, ABS relocation, underseat fuel tank, and ECU re-mapping.
Talk more about that ABS relocation!

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #275
BykBoy
Meshuganeh

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
The ABS relocation was fairly simple. Hardest part was to get rear replacement brake lines. I got mine at a local commercial hose supply shop I found on Google. Some Napa auto stores can also makes them.

There is thread about the ABS Relocation here. Also, more pictures of my project here.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:28 AM   #276
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo.Ramos View Post
Bykboy had a great idea and did a great job !
Giving it a thought, it could be my next mod

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=9066

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #277
skidxr
Excuses

Oddometer: 380
What did you gain by moving the ABS to the dog house? Why not just use the dog house for storage?
Old 02-10-2014, 11:56 AM   #278
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidxr View Post
What did you gain by moving the ABS to the dog house? Why not just use the dog house for storage?
So he could use the abandoned area for the underseat tank.

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #279
T-Mac
orange

Oddometer: 44
Can someone tell me the difference in air throughput between 40/60 pre-filters, e.g. without pre-filter you get X amount of air while with the 40 cell pre-filter you get X-10% and with the 60 cell you get X-15%?

Is there any progress with the Rottweiler Heat Guard? Is this thing going to production any soon?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #280
Mariel@teamcprfab
Got Rotti?

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
Can someone tell me the difference in air throughput between 40/60 pre-filters, e.g. without pre-filter you get X amount of air while with the 40 cell pre-filter you get X-10% and with the 60 cell you get X-15%?

Is there any progress with the Rottweiler Heat Guard? Is this thing going to production any soon?
T-Mac, while we haven't actually performed any flow bench testing regarding your question, we do have access to one that we use for development purposes and probably could. That being said, for now, running a red 40 cell you probably won't feel much difference as they are fairly course and flow quite well. The grey 60 cell pre-filters are half again as dense and are tailored to the guy that may see silt or very fine particles. Either one won't effect fueling significantly. That being said, our latest "Rally Series" orange frame filters with the new True Blue foam layering does a phenomenal job at catching even the finest of particles and still flowing amazingly well. It is by no means a road filter that other companies seem to be pushing.

The heat shield is definitely in the works and Chris has been testing the latest itteration. (See our FB page at https://www.facebook.com/RottweilerPerformance?ref=hl for a picture of it) We think a few more tweaks with cutouts for cables and such and it will be ready very soon.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #281
T-Mac
orange

Oddometer: 44
Thanks for the reply! Both of these sound great!
If there's no change in flow I'd go for "Rally Series" as there always seem to be fine particles even on asphalt roads.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #282
big-t
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
We have some lines to Austrian engine gurus through our sponsorship of the Factory AMA HMC Superbike team. He is in Austria right now but when I met him at Moto GP a month or so ago he was a big fan of our stuff (Has an RC8 of his own with a Rottweiler Intake) and was happy to share any information. This will be a huge help once he's back in the country and I can speak with him to end some conjecture on what changed between those years. Some say it's just the pin out on the connectors and a different style.
Just wondering if this info ever came thru??

I am about to dive into my 07 and change a bunch things to include a Rottweiler. This info would be very helpful in determining which direction I'll go.

TIA
big-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:17 AM   #283
bikepsych
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Apart from the Rottweiler kit and installing that what else is needed to make the Rotweiler work? Do I need to remove the SAS and Cannister?

B
2009 Harley Road Glide
2006 Buell Ulysses
bikepsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:16 PM   #284
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepsych View Post
Apart from the Rottweiler kit and installing that what else is needed to make the Rotweiler work? Do I need to remove the SAS and Cannister?

B
Yep. But you'd want to get rid of that junk anyway.

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #285
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 660
Chris,

I ride with a fine group of guys and gals here in San Diego. The SD Adventure Riders have a few Katoom riders and we would be interested in seeing what you can do to add performance to our bikes.

Dan

http://dualsport-sd.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post

We are starting a Rottweiler Riders Club here in So Cal and part of the endeavor is to have the opportunity to get our hands on a larger choice of bikes to get to the bottom of some things and some get some good development time with new stuff. Any So Cal guys interested, let me know. It's shaping up nicely and there are some benefits we will throw your way when we can.

Triumph Rocket III Touring, KTM 990 ADV
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote