ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 12:34 AM   #316
EdGear
Edventurer
 
EdGear's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 534
I've been a happy Rottweiler owner having one on my 07 990. I like the throttle response the power and the growl.

There are a lot of 990 owners posting on this thread, not so many 950 owners.

I'm building a 950 Adventure and I'd like to hear how you 950 owners like the Rottweiler? Performance, fuel consumption, easy access to the carbs... What do you like the most.

Thanks
__________________
2010 KTM 690 Enduro R
2006 KTM 950 Adventure S
2002 KTM 400/453 EXC
EdGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #317
woodchuckexc
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Pacifica Ca.
Oddometer: 799
+1. I just installed one on my 950. Im waiting on some shock parts so I wont be able to test it out for a couple weeks.
woodchuckexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #318
Eataz
Adventurer
 
Eataz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Sweden, In the middle
Oddometer: 49
Since i installed my filter i have had the bike "sneeze" when releasing or holdning the throttle at about 3k rpm. I use the map from the CPR website 09 990 adventure R. My guess is that the bike dont get enough fuel at small throttle movements at low rpm. Im not a guru with tuneecu.

What would happend if i try the akra-map, will it run to lean or to rich? Think i read somewhere that it would run to rich, but that dont sound logical. My intension is to get a Power commander eventually, but that might take while.
Eataz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #319
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids
 
unaweep's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Western Colorado
Oddometer: 18,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGear View Post
I've been a happy Rottweiler owner having one on my 07 990. I like the throttle response the power and the growl.

There are a lot of 990 owners posting on this thread, not so many 950 owners.

I'm building a 950 Adventure and I'd like to hear how you 950 owners like the Rottweiler? Performance, fuel consumption, easy access to the carbs... What do you like the most.

Thanks
I have it on my Super Enduro, along with a jet kit from Head2Wind.



What an incredible boost in power!!!! Having the bulky air box gone is nice, as well. But, really, the increase in power just astonished me.

I put the ITG on my 990R, but I'm unhappy with the map. At 7000 rpms, it starts shaking and sputtering. I don't think the bike would hit the red line it runs so rough.

Still looking for a good map for a 2010 990R with akras. Seems everyone has taken them down from their sites, recently.
unaweep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:20 AM   #320
johnno950
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Oddometer: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdGear View Post
I've been a happy Rottweiler owner having one on my 07 990. I like the throttle response the power and the growl.

There are a lot of 990 owners posting on this thread, not so many 950 owners.

I'm building a 950 Adventure and I'd like to hear how you 950 owners like the Rottweiler? Performance, fuel consumption, easy access to the carbs... What do you like the most.

Thanks
I got one on my se,same carbs etc...
#performance is great,engine is a monster with the rotty
#fuel consumption,she likes a drink
#access to carbs,adv bit different to se,but with tanks off adv no dramas
#likes,terrific bit of kit,easy to service,ride and enjoy.
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:29 AM   #321
tour
Adventurer
 
tour's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Southern tip of Africa - heaven
Oddometer: 35
have been e mailing Chris aka Rottweiler performance from south Africa for some time and have finally taken the plunge and ordered the Filters. my dealings with Chris has been professional and response always quick. Cant wait for the filters to arrive. He even arranged some products that he does not stock and had been a SUPER supplier thus far. Now for the performance gains on the SE... yumm yumm. Will deal with him again,
tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:03 AM   #322
Cowtowner
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Cowtowner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 196
I've had the Rotweiler intake system on my 07 990 for about a week now. Ridden about 1000 clicks with it, holy cow, what a difference, the seat of the pants dyno says it's wicked all the way to redline!

I did some other stuff too that would affect the way it runs - including installing a PCV and autotune, removing the SAS, doing canisterectomy, removing secondary butterflies, and pulling baffle from Remus can (2 into 1), but I would have thought power increase is mostly the Rotweiler. Gas mileage seems decent too although I haven't measured it yet. Working on a 13.2 map with the autotune.

The Rotweiler intake was high quality and easy to install.

Chris at CPR is great to deal with and very knowledgable on 990 tuning.

Thanks CPR!
Cowtowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #323
toto#77
Adventurer
 
toto#77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Italy, Santerno Motor Valley
Oddometer: 97
PCV is not availablr for my07...

non è facile scrivere mentre mi allaccio il casco...
toto#77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:31 AM   #324
Cowtowner
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Cowtowner's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary
Oddometer: 196
Although the PCV is not listed for '07-'08 990 Adv. (only the PCIII), after talking to Chris Parker who does list it for those years, I went for it and installed PCV and autotune to my '07 990 Adv., together with an LCD to track AFR as I ride, and it seems to be working fine.
Cowtowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:33 AM   #325
toto#77
Adventurer
 
toto#77's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Italy, Santerno Motor Valley
Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtowner View Post
Although the PCV is not listed for '07-'08 990 Adv. (only the PCIII), after talking to Chris Parker who does list it for those years, I went for it and installed PCV and autotune to my '07 990 Adv., together with an LCD to track AFR as I ride, and it seems to be working fine.
Good, thanks for the info

non è facile scrivere mentre mi allaccio il casco...
toto#77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #326
Tobes2102
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Knoxvegas
Oddometer: 91
Rott installation

Inmates, purchased the rott system for my 2010 990 adventure. Was in the process of installing it. But to be honest with myself it was getting over my head. I got as far as removing the left tank, snorkel, loosened up the airbox/stacks etc.SO..I am not too proud to now ask for help. If anyone who knows how to do this and lives in the Knoxville Tenn. Area I will happily pay for your expertise in this installation. As a last resort if anyone knows of a shop that does this in the area that would also be helpful. Was hoping to get a house call if possible.
Tobes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:33 AM   #327
DirtyADV
Beastly Adventurer
 
DirtyADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: SWEDEN, Skellefteå
Oddometer: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobes2102 View Post
Inmates, purchased the rott system for my 2010 990 adventure. Was in the process of installing it. But to be honest with myself it was getting over my head. I got as far as removing the left tank, snorkel, loosened up the airbox/stacks etc.SO..I am not too proud to now ask for help. If anyone who knows how to do this and lives in the Knoxville Tenn. Area I will happily pay for your expertise in this installation. As a last resort if anyone knows of a shop that does this in the area that would also be helpful. Was hoping to get a house call if possible.
Read the write up I did a while back?

Might have to update it a little, since there is a spacer on the clamps holding the "carbs" in place and people have lost those down the intakes ...can cause a bad headache.

/Johan
__________________
Have changed name, was previously Dirty950

www.dirtyadv.com (under construction)
DirtyADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:59 AM   #328
Tobes2102
Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Knoxvegas
Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyADV View Post
Read the write up I did a while back?

Might have to update it a little, since there is a spacer on the clamps holding the "carbs" in place and people have lost those down the intakes ...can cause a bad headache.

/Johan
yeah, no mistakes on anyone's part. It's all me. I got down to the throttle body and going off of the directions etc. I do not understand the nomenclature identified in the directions. You kinda need to know and understand what your looking at IMO or you may not be riding for awhile. I don't really know anyone in this area to pal around on bikes with so what I know is what I know. But I can learn.....just don't want to learn on an expensive set up like this. Sometimes like Andy says "aunt Bee just pay the man.....just pay the man" I am the kinda guy who has pushed through things earlier in life thinking I got this and low and behold.....I really don't got it.
Tobes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:38 AM   #329
folknride
Old Adventurer
 
folknride's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 665
Question Help me decide

I have my finger poised over "enter" to buy the filter, doghouse, click-in, and cable, for my 2010 990 Adventure (55000 km)- but I'm nervous. Wings exhaust (2) on the way.
I'm not into tuning much, although I do all upkeep and necessary mods, and am a bit worried that my perfectly performing bike will become a project.
I like the idea of stronger performance and better throttle response, but would far rather ride than tinker.
folknride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #330
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Oddometer: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by folknride View Post
I have my finger poised over "enter" to buy the filter, doghouse, click-in, and cable, for my 2010 990 Adventure (55000 km)- but I'm nervous. Wings exhaust (2) on the way.
I'm not into tuning much, although I do all upkeep and necessary mods, and am a bit worried that my perfectly performing bike will become a project.
I like the idea of stronger performance and better throttle response, but would far rather ride than tinker.

All of this is bolt on and the Rottweiler tunes are good plug and play. Once you do these mods youll wonder why the hell you didnt do it sooner.
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014