Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #331
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by folknride View Post
I have my finger poised over "enter" to buy the filter, doghouse, click-in, and cable, for my 2010 990 Adventure (55000 km)- but I'm nervous. Wings exhaust (2) on the way.
I'm not into tuning much, although I do all upkeep and necessary mods, and am a bit worried that my perfectly performing bike will become a project.
I like the idea of stronger performance and better throttle response, but would far rather ride than tinker.
Finding the right tune is challenging. I have a 10 990R with Wings (same as Akras) and haven't found a good tune. Seems like the Rottweiller tunes require the Power Commander to down load, as opposed to "Tune ECU."

If anyone knows where a decent tune can be found for this bike, I'm all ears.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #332
henryroten
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Quote:
I have my finger poised over "enter" to buy the filter, doghouse, click-in, and cable, for my 2010 990 Adventure (55000 km)- but I'm nervous. Wings exhaust (2) on the way.
I'm not into tuning much, although I do all upkeep and necessary mods, and am a bit worried that my perfectly performing bike will become a project.
I like the idea of stronger performance and better throttle response, but would far rather ride than tinker.
I did mine on my own but with a bunch of help over the phone with Chris Parker. Chris will gladly walk you through any issues you have and looking back, it really wasn't that difficult. The biggest pain is getting to and removing the right side SAS plates but with a little patience the job gets done. And once finished, you won't believe the performance gains. Transforms the bike. Consider it a character builder. Good luck!
henryroten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #333
kinta
Kinta

Oddometer: 118
i have a 2012 990 and have the snap out bracket (love it) and a set of wings (bigger of the 2 baffles installed) sas and canister removed, runs great right now but am also looking at the Rotty filter......

my only concern is mileage, i get 35ish mpg right now and really don't want to go less than that.
kinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #334
Tobes2102
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
. Personally I am sure I made the right purchase, and the downloads and mapping aren't my issues really. My issues are related to once I get to the throttle body I can't discern the various parts called out. So the bottom line is I just don't understand what I am looking at. Most guys have buddies they ride with, who also may have done this etc. And thats how we all learn OR have worked on EFI's before. I haven't, and as I stated earlier I've tackled things before most turn out well.... Some however I have learned my lesson. I may try it again but for right now I want to ride. I have found a shop in Knoxville that will do it, they have a dyno etc. And although they are primarily a harley/custom shop. They are very good mechanics who work on EFI's all the time and understand mapping etc. They also have rots website available and phone number. The good thing is again they have a dyno set up. I imagine they'll download the software and use the map available on rots website just like most inmates have done.
Tobes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #335
Cowtowner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinta View Post
i have a 2012 990 and have the snap out bracket (love it) and a set of wings (bigger of the 2 baffles installed) sas and canister removed, runs great right now but am also looking at the Rotty filter......

my only concern is mileage, i get 35ish mpg right now and really don't want to go less than that.
Chris Parker at Rottweiler is very helpful when it comes to those kinds of questions. I haven't seriously measured my mileage since changing it up, but my sense is over the last 1000 km is that it hasn't really changed much (I think it has actually improved, but again I need to verify that).
Cowtowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #336
Cowtowner
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
Finding the right tune is challenging. I have a 10 990R with Wings (same as Akras) and haven't found a good tune. Seems like the Rottweiller tunes require the Power Commander to down load, as opposed to "Tune ECU."

If anyone knows where a decent tune can be found for this bike, I'm all ears.
I think CPR has both powercommander and TuneECU tunes on their site, and AFAIK you don't need a powercommander to run their filter set ups. Chris Parker of CPR is knowledgable on this.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #337
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtowner View Post
I think CPR has both powercommander and TuneECU tunes on their site, and AFAIK you don't need a powercommander to run their filter set ups. Chris Parker of CPR is knowledgable on this.
They used to have a bunch of maps, but most have been taken down. Apparently, there is some concern for liability and also people are pirating his tunes. Presently- I just looked- there are only Power Commander tunes on there.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:59 PM   #338
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
They used to have a bunch of maps, but most have been taken down. Apparently, there is some concern for liability and also people are pirating his tunes. Presently- I just looked- there are only Power Commander tunes on there.
You work to hard, my friend. Let's drink beer instead.

Oh, and GO Rottie on the SE. Kick ass! (felt like I was supposed to say something thread related)

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:29 AM   #339
Cowtowner
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Seems to be some TuneECU tunes down the right hand side of his downloads page to the right of the powercommander tunes, but I don't know what maps they are. If a guy was installing a rotweiller and needed a TuneECU tune I suppose he could call CPR and ask if they could help him out.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #340
ststrider
some guy on a bike

Oddometer: 354
Thumb

Just installed the cpr filter on my 950se. The bike was jetted properly before and I still saw an increase in throttle response and of course top end. A little more thirsty but not bad plus I'm digging the intake howl. I really like the easy filter removal. Thumbs up.