User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #91
JRod152
will work for tires

Oddometer: 204
Colorado Uli-

Thanks for the kind words. Glad I can be one of the guilty for pushing you over the edge! You'll love the setup for man reasons.

I have farmed an amazing quantity of info & knowledge from this community. Thanks for sharing that my input gave a little of that back.

Cheers.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #92
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
Hey H2W,

Are you by chance going to Colorado KTM Rally this year...

( I know you're a busy guy!)
I am in negotiations with Mrs. H2W right now..... We have a bunch going on right now with me working 50+/week for my 'real job' plus three businesses to keep a handle on. However I am trying to get all my "honey must do" list whittled down while I am helping take care of a family member who is on the after life's 'short list' for next 6 to 9 months...

So, enough whinning from me... My intention is to be there at the rally, hopefully with some New ADVmachines collaborative products The next week or so will dictate if I can follow through with that intention.
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #93
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
I am in negotiations with Mrs. H2W right now..... We have a bunch going on right now with me working 50+/week for my 'real job' plus three businesses to keep a handle on. However I am trying to get all my "honey must do" list whittled down while I am helping take care of a family member who is on the after life's 'short list' for next 6 to 9 months...

So, enough whinning from me... My intention is to be there at the rally, hopefully with some New ADVmachines collaborative products The next week or so will dictate if I can follow through with that intention.
My best to you and your family, first and foremost! You've always been most gracious with your time and insight. It'd be great to give you that much deserved hand shake, pat on the back and frosty beer mug in the Rockies.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #94
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,589
ADV PCV map

I was ogling the PCV maps in rotweiler site and I noticed that at 100% there is significant fuel subtracted from the matrix cells. Of the order of 3-7% that is. Which raises the questions:
1) What was the target AFR at 100% and upper rpm range?
2) How is it possible to achieve more power while using so much less fuel compared to the stock airbox?

mousitsas screwed with this post 08-23-2013 at 11:16 AM
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #95
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
I was ogling the PCV maps in rotweiler site and I noticed that at 100% there is significant fuel subtracted from the matrix cells. Of the order of 3-7% that is. Which raises the questions:
1) What was the target AFR at 100% and upper rpm range?
2) How is it possible to achieve more power while using so much less fuel compared to the stock airbox?
Easy answer. (although tahoeracer will be better suited to give details) If you are looking at the PCV map on our site for the ADV, that was made by our dyno location and was about 13:4 AFR.

More fuel, does not equal more power. Most race bikes are on the edge of lean to make the most power. What dyno guys are usually shooting for is a balance of the two. Making power, but safely. Based on the stock mapping, depending on what it is, leaning it out in certain areas will produce more power AND better mileage. We get reports all the time from customers like this.

The chart below show a before and after with the Rottweiler Intake System on a Super Duke. Starting with a zero PCV map (stock mapping) and then actually making the AFR leaner you will notice it's making 8 more HP at a leaner but very safe AFR. Win -win. (sorry for the size)

CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #96
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
seat?

Anyone having an issue with the filter rubbing on the seat vary slightly?
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #97
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
Easy answer. (although tahoeracer will be better suited to give details) If you are looking at the PCV map on our site for the ADV, that was made by our dyno location and was about 13:4 AFR.

More fuel, does not equal more power. Most race bikes are on the edge of lean to make the most power. What dyno guys are usually shooting for is a balance of the two. Making power, but safely. Based on the stock mapping, depending on what it is, leaning it out in certain areas will produce more power AND better mileage. We get reports all the time from customers like this.

The chart below show a before and after with the Rottweiler Intake System on a Super Duke. Starting with a zero PCV map (stock mapping) and then actually making the AFR leaner you will notice it's making 8 more HP at a leaner but very safe AFR. Win -win. (sorry for the size)
It is absolutely true that more fuel does not equal more power, but I am not aware what the safe AFR is. I think I would go a bit richer something like 13.0-13.2. Maybe Tahoecr will enlighten us here.
I would be very interested to see dyno charts and PCV maps of an adv with stock vs CPR filter and exactly the same AFR target map!
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #98
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencergt66 View Post
Anyone having an issue with the filter rubbing on the seat vary slightly?
The foam part of the top of the filter can touch the bottom of the seat pan a little. Not often but sometimes the red plastic upper ring will barely touch. It has never been an issue and nothing really becomes of it. The very first one we made is still in service on our test bike and it shows no real signs of wear.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #99
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
I am not aware what the safe AFR is.
For power Adv's like 13.0 + or -. For economy they like 14.0 + or -. Never go beyond 14.6. Thems lean territory.

One cool thing about Autotune with the LCD is you can make maps for each gear. It can get complicated but you can set 5th and 6th around 14.0 and lower gears around 13.0 when your scooting. You can also have one map and set it a little lean in the "cruise" range. this would be between 3 and 5K RPM and up to 20% throttle. Again, Tahoecr has this dialed from what I've seen. You can set everywhere else in the 13.2 range for power. From 0 to 5% throttle we have a little mapping trick that really smooths out the bottom end jerk.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #100
spencergt66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post
The foam part of the top of the filter can touch the bottom of the seat pan a little. Not often but sometimes the red plastic upper ring will barely touch. It has never been an issue and nothing really becomes of it. The very first one we made is still in service on our test bike and it shows no real signs of wear.
OK just noticed last time I had the seat off I had rubbed a small home in one of the white throw away filter skins
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #101
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencergt66 View Post
OK just noticed last time I had the seat off I had rubbed a small home in one of the white throw away filter skins
You have an SE correct?
Old 08-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #102
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,459
dome or standard seat cut

Based upon my experience with fitting the DOME or STANDARD filter to the SE/SM, here are my observations:

DOME:
1. Requires the velocity stacks to be 'clipped' or 'cut down' so that the filter will fit all the way down onto the base plate.
2. DOES NOT require the seat pan to be cut to fit without touching/interference.

STANDARD:
1. DOES NOT require alteration to the velocity stacks. This is a good thing in my book when it comes to getting the most out of this setup.
2. Requires altering/cutting the seat pan to eliminate filter to seat touching/interference. I usually cut a half circle out of the seat pan where it comes close to the back of the filter, then smear black RTV over the opening/foam to seal the seat back up.

ADVENTURE:
I have not noticed any touching of the filter to seat pan on the shop 950 EFI ADV, however this may be slightly different with the 950 carbed ADV. The 950 and 990 intake ports 'should' be in the same spot, so this 'should' apply to the 990 ADV as well.
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #103
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,082
OK. I am about to install the intake system and 2 into 1 exhaust (FMF Ti with spark arrester). I have the SAS removed as well as the secondary butterflies--although they could easily go back on. Bike is a 2007 990. I have the Tune ECU cable ordered. For now, I am planning to see what I can accomplish without an EG analyzer

Advice on a map to start with?

Status of the Excel spreadsheet you mentioned for converting PV to Tune ECU.

Source for PC maps which could be converted?

Posting my questions here on the off chance someone else may benefit. If that's not the case, I can do this via PM or phone.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #104
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
OK. I am about to install the intake system and 2 into 1 exhaust (FMF Ti with spark arrester). I have the SAS removed as well as the secondary butterflies--although they could easily go back on. Bike is a 2007 990. I have the Tune ECU cable ordered. For now, I am planning to see what I can accomplish without an EG analyzer

Advice on a map to start with?

Status of the Excel spreadsheet you mentioned for converting PV to Tune ECU.

Source for PC maps which could be converted?

Posting my questions here on the off chance someone else may benefit. If that's not the case, I can do this via PM or phone.

Thanks!
Maps:
We have a perfect map for that. It's the one that is only Tune ECU. It was built on Tune ECU by a very reputable tuner for a Rottweiler Intake System and for a 2 into 1 exhaust. It says 2011 but in Tune ECU values are values. It should load. If not, export "F1 and F2" to your desktop or a place you can fine the file. It will be a bunch of numbers you can cut and paste. Triple check when you do this that the numbers for "F1" go into cyl 1 and vice versa. "Read" your ECU and change the values to match the values on the map on this page. See this page:

http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/Downloads.html

Excel:
Having trouble getting it to cut and paste properly and we have allot of hand math to do to create that program, all the while trying to get the new stuff ready for the KTM rally so it's on hold for a bit but we have started it.

We are going to do everything we can here in the coming weeks to simplify all of this for people. We have found that ECU programming intimidates some users and stops them from enjoying the power our Rottweiler intake makes. We will be doing the Excel (If we can get it to work), videos, step by step instructions and a Tune ECU cable lender program.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #105
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 712
Well your work input and support is fantastic.

I for one will be looking forward to this.