No sold that a while back have a 990 adv S
spencergt66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:52 AM   #107
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRFAB View Post

One cool thing about Autotune with the LCD is you can make maps for each gear. .
just wondering how this works on a ktm?, as the gear positioning switch has only N,2,3

Spark01 screwed with this post 08-25-2013 at 05:58 AM
Spark01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #108
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
Rpm / speed or just counting probably to make the kit universale. N 2 3 btw on the Ktm.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #109
GLRRA47
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Rossguzzi - I have a 2007 and thinking of doing the exact same thing as you. (Even trying to decide 2 into 1 or not) Very curious to learn how it goes for you. Can I send you a PM?
GLRRA47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #110
CPRFAB
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark01 View Post
just wondering how this works on a ktm?, as the gear positioning switch has only N,2,3
It uses algorithms to deduce the gear. You have to hook up a speedo wire (just one wire, I'll let you know when I can see my bike) and go through a series of gears at a speed you specify. Meaning, you tell it you will be doing it at 25 mph and you start with first gear and press enter when you hold it at 25 mph and so on. Then, using algorithms it just knows. It only doesn't know when the clutch is in and your coasting. It is dead on.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #111
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
Quote:
Maps:
We have a perfect map for that. It's the one that is only Tune ECU. It was built on Tune ECU by a very reputable tuner for a Rottweiler Intake System and for a 2 into 1 exhaust. It says 2011 but in Tune ECU values are values. It should load. If not, export "F1 and F2" to your desktop or a place you can fine the file. It will be a bunch of numbers you can cut and paste. Triple check when you do this that the numbers for "F1" go into cyl 1 and vice versa. "Read" your ECU and change the values to match the values on the map on this page. See this page:

http://www.rottweilerperformance.com/Downloads.html

Which map or what is the name of the map you're talking about???
Old 08-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #112
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood_55 View Post
Which map or what is the name of the map you're talking about???

ADV 990 2011 In - Ex - Tune ECU
Old 08-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #113
Dagwood_55
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,311
Quote:
Maps:
We have a perfect map for that. It's the one that is only Tune ECU. It was built on Tune ECU by a very reputable tuner for a Rottweiler Intake System and for a 2 into 1 exhaust. It says 2011 but in Tune ECU values are values. It should load. If not, export "F1 and F2" to your desktop or a place you can fine the file. It will be a bunch of numbers you can cut and paste.

So, you would only cut and paste the F1&F2 cells??

And not the L1 & L2 Cells?? And why not??

Would you leave the Devices checked the same as on the new map, even for
a 07 990??

Thanks,
Old 08-26-2013, 08:00 PM   #114
Rally_West
Central Scrutinizer

Oddometer: 142
My $.02 on the Rott filter

I bought my filter from CJ Designs along with a crapton of other stuff (long story short I was debating ditching the Katoom and going to the dark side (GS) as I seemed to ride more parve' than off piste', but I grew a set of balls and kept the big twin and dialed her in how I wanted...or at least in the process). I was adding Safari tanks and the CPR Rott was the perfect product on paper. I did have my hesitations however...for some reason I could not get it in my thick noggin' that these are just BIG dirt bikes. I have ridden dirt bikes for over 30 years and 20 plus of that on KTMs...however I would NEVER run a wet filter on any of my cars, especially since most (right now all) are turbo powered. Obviously on a dirt bike wet filters are the norm and do their job quite well. I have ridden with a wet filter everywhere from 12,000 feet in snow to below sea level in talcum powder silt beds with no problems. So, once I convinced myself everything would be ok I bit the bullet and ordered one. While I was waiting for the filter to arrive I actually went to CPR as I needed a new set of SAS plates and and I wanted to get a pre-filter...I spent about an hour talking with Chris asking a bunch of silly questions which he was more than happy to answer (I tell myself he was happy, but I am sure it was an exercise in patience on his part).

The install of the filter was a snap and the well written directions were easy to follow. I had the bike totally apart as I was doing a mild rebuild and prep for the ride on the COBDR for the KTM Rally.

After getting it all back together I was blown away by the amount of space that is on top of the motor, more than enough room to swap the pre-filter and change the main filter. So much space that I am sure airflow over the top of the motor is far greater than stock...I wish I would have taken some temp readings before and after...but alas I thought about it too late.

I have now ridden about 300 miles with the filter and I can tell you that between the filter and the tune (another story for another time) thie thing RIPS. Lots of folks have talked about the sound, but I have not really noticed it too much (although I am riding pretty mild until I am comfortable with the tune).

Bottom line this is such a great product and Chris at CPR is such a nice and knowledgeable guy (google some of the exhaust work he has done...looks like a Japanese robot TIGed those tubes together) that I can recommend his products (more to come me thinks) with the highest of confidence.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #115
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLRRA47 View Post
Rossguzzi - I have a 2007 and thinking of doing the exact same thing as you. (Even trying to decide 2 into 1 or not) Very curious to learn how it goes for you. Can I send you a PM?
Pm me for sure.
It may be a little while before I do get to do this mod. New baby, got to sell 950 etc etc.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #116
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
This tune will not load to a '08 ecu, I'm in the process of copying the values to the '08 .
Old 08-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #117
CPRFAB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXVERT View Post
This tune will not load to a '08 ecu, I'm in the process of copying the values to the '08 .
I have done this before and it did work with success. Those models have the same part number cam so mapping should be perfect. (Unless there is something we don't know inside that engine, anyone?) We would love to have that map when your done if your willing!

We have some lines to Austrian engine gurus through our sponsorship of the Factory AMA HMC Superbike team. He is in Austria right now but when I met him at Moto GP a month or so ago he was a big fan of our stuff (Has an RC8 of his own with a Rottweiler Intake) and was happy to share any information. This will be a huge help once he's back in the country and I can speak with him to end some conjecture on what changed between those years. Some say it's just the pin out on the connectors and a different style.

We are starting a Rottweiler Riders Club here in So Cal and part of the endeavor is to have the opportunity to get our hands on a larger choice of bikes to get to the bottom of some things and some get some good development time with new stuff. Any So Cal guys interested, let me know. It's shaping up nicely and there are some benefits we will throw your way when we can.

CPRFAB screwed with this post 08-30-2013 at 11:18 AM
Old 08-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #118
MAXVERT
Rough Rider

Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
I have done this before and it did work with success. Those models have the same part number cam so mapping should be perfect. (Unless there is something we don't know inside that engine, anyone?) We would love to have that map when your done if your willing!

We have some lines to Austrian engine gurus through our sponsorship of the Factory AMA HMC Superbike team. He is in Austria right now but when I met him at Moto GP a month or so ago he was a big fan of our stuff (Has an RC8 of his own with a Rottweiler Intake) and was happy to share any information. This will be a huge help once he's back in the country and I can speak with him to end some conjecture on what changed between those years. Some say it's just the pin out on the connectors and a different style.

We are starting a Rottweiler Riders Club here in So Cal and part of the endeavor is to have the opportunity to get our hands on a larger choice of bikes to get to the bottom of some things and some get some good development time with new stuff. Any So Cal guys interested, let me know. It's shaping up nicely and there are some benefits we will throw your way when we can.
Tune ECU pops up a box that says the tune in incompatible with the
'08 ecu.
So I copied the F1 and F2 tables into my stock '08 map.
Just rode 50 miles, running through the gears to 120 mph.
With some slow around town riding.
Throttle response is excellent, the powers there to red line.
I'll do a 300 mile ride manana and see what's up with the mpg.
'08 990A cpr remus 2 to 1 sas canister etc.
I've got 20,000 + miles on this configuration.

Max
Old 08-30-2013, 01:40 AM   #119
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Hi Chris,
I had mentioned to you some time in August of last year that the 2011 maps don't work on 2006-2007-2008 models. But yes, copying the F1/F2 values achieve similar results. The ignition tables are difference. Similar engines but KTM made some changes to the ignition, injectors and ECU.
Hence, the throttle response is still better on a 2011 model, unless one has tweaked the maps even further.

Great products! Looking forward to more CPR goodies.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #120
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,204
I'm pretty sure 2009-12 maps won't work on 2006-07-08 because the later bikes have an immobilizer.
A 2011 map will make the ECU look for an immobilizer that won't find on a 2008 bike so it won't work.

We learned this when inmate Martynho had an antenna/immobilizer issue that won't allow his bike to run. After lots of test he just put a 2007 ECU into his 2010R bike, problem solved but this ECU won't accept the later maps so he just copied&pasted the 2011R map values on it to have the right map again.

Also, as discussed on tuneecu thread, it's not the best idea using 2011 map values on a 2008, bikes have different cams and they need different tunes. It may work however, MAXVERT just tried it and reported back but he probably rode after too many pisco sour

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote