Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #31
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
I'm in an interesting situation with my bike. It's a mexican plated bike, but the ownership documents are in dispute due to some serious incompetence in the licensing office here in Colima. I have plates, I have a poder ejecutivo in my name as well as the mexican factura and pedimento. I need to take the bike back to the US with me, but the ownership is still tied up in the court here for another 3-6 months during which I've been told that I can't sell it (nor export it formally, I assume). They originally told me in January that it would take 3-6 months, so now that it's been 7 I went back to check on it and it seems that it fell through the cracks somewhere and nobody actually did anything on it. Now they're saying another 3-6 months. Sorry, Mexico, you snooze you lose. I tried to play by the rules, but you fucked up. Now I'm just going to leave with it. Can anyone tell me what document checks are performed on the Mexican side heading north? Can anyone suggest the quietest, most unsophisticated border crossing possible? I'll get my documents checked crossing into the border region 50 or so miles from the border. The poder ejecutivo should pass there no problem. Will they check anything else on the vehicle at the actual border when leaving mexico? No TVIP to cancel, so I can just get my passport stamped and ride right through, right?
Wrong. They don't stamp your passport. After an 'interview' from the Border Patrol you just ride through after showing your passport. If there is a body cavity search don't blame ADVRider.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

DMV paperwork/room rental/motorbike/vehicle buying/Travelers help
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #32
Airhead Wrangler OP
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
Wrong. They don't stamp your passport. After an 'interview' from the Border Patrol you just ride through after showing your passport. If there is a body cavity search don't blame ADVRider.
I was referring to the MEXICAN side which will stamp your passport on the way out. The point is moot now anyway. The bike made it up here just fine fine in the back of a truck. I didn't have to ride it.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #33
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
I was referring to the MEXICAN side which will stamp your passport on the way out. The point is moot now anyway. The bike made it up here just fine fine in the back of a truck. I didn't have to ride it.
Nope. Nobody does anything on the way out of Mexico. You just ride on out then stop at the USA kiosk. No stamp, no body to talk to, nothing...just ride out and cross no mans land to USA.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

DMV paperwork/room rental/motorbike/vehicle buying/Travelers help
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #34
karmatourer
STD free

Oddometer: 2,194
Pinche Payaso-good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
A small banjer
Old 12-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #35
acejones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
Nope. Nobody does anything on the way out of Mexico. You just ride on out then stop at the USA kiosk. No stamp, no body to talk to, nothing...just ride out and cross no mans land to USA.
If you have a TVIP you better stop and get it canceled.