ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
Happy Buddha OP
Explorer

Oddometer: 86
KTM Sale Scam

Inmates,
Be aware that the following scam is out there (with other bikes as well but always the same). BLUF: Shipping company asks for $2k in order to deliver the bike while Kalle sticks with story that it has nothing to do with him.

Start the email chain from the bottom. No money was exchanged, largely thanks to the site www.scamwarners.com. Link: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/vie...183541#p183541

Me,

I sent the bike in this morning.
I sent it with all papers in order for you can be able to make the title transfer.
The name of the shipping company I used to send the bike is Occidental Movers Ltd. It's a big and a good company.
In two weeks the bike should be in United States.
I made the bill of sale that includes all the pertinent information about my vehicle and its sale price.
For the title transfer, I complete the requested information on the certificate of title.
I have completed the gray sections of the application certificate of title.
You will take it to your local DMV office.
You will need to transfer the title into your name at the DMV within 10 days.
After you transfer your name in the title send me an e-mail and confirm that.
You must handle the title transfer and registration paperwork yourself with the contract of sale and all documents I sent you. You'll need to fill out an application for title and registration and take it in person to your local DMV office.
You might also be required to pay a use tax 29 usd + DMV fees.
PS : See attachments, I'm very happy that we have completed the transaction, please remember to contact me after you receive the bike.
I sent you a copy of the contract of sale.

Thank you

Kalle S.

Subject: Re: 2011 KTM 990 Adventure R, all luggage, nice extras, Alaska proven, 16k miles
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 10:52:25 -0500
To: kallesjorberg@outlook.com

Kalle,
I will treat it well.

Thank you,

Me

On Dec 3, 2013, at 9:50, Kalle Sjorberg wrote:

I want to ad the fact that the shipping cost will be totally paid by me so you will only pay the price of the bike, $6000 as i mentioned in the ad. I already lost money with this bike because of our laws here in Sweden and this is why i`ve decided to pay the transportation cost. About the bike, it is my dream bike, it has no problems at all, no hidden issues and i really don`t see why anybody would not buy this bike at this price which is reasonable comparing others around the web.
I also want to mention that i can make all the arrangements for the shipping these days and after that i will return to you with updates and all the info needed to receive the bike. Remember that the only reason for selling this bike is that is extremely complicated and expensive to register it here in Sweden.
It is still registered in US and you can easily register it in any state.
You will be assisted by the shipper with the registration process when you will transfer the title on your name because they will have the legal authority from my attorney to sign in my name and beside that the title will be signed and completed by me.
I have your address and phone no but i will also need your complete name: It is "Me" your complete name?

Thank you for doing business with me.

Kalle S.

Subject: Re: 2011 KTM 990 Adventure R, all luggage, nice extras, Alaska proven, 16k miles
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 09:12:56 -0500

Kalle,
I will take it. Info:

Address

On Dec 3, 2013, at 7:46, Kalle Sjorberg wrote:

Hello,

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low for this bike.I can ship the bike to you and you will pay C.O.D (CASH ON DELIVERY). The reason why I am selling the bike at this price is because I'm from Sweden .I was in USA and bought the bike from USA and I took the bike with me in Sweden. I work on a cruise ship, I'm naval officer, I work 6 months on board and 3 months I stay home, at this moment I'm home.
The bike is here in my garage in Sweden,you can drive/ride a unregistered vehicle only 3 months in Sweden then you have to register the vehicle to get Swedish documents. In Sweden you can't register a US vehicle, I have all the documents but the bike has US documents and I can't register the bike in Sweden because the law doesn't let me. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the bike because I'll spend much money and lose more time, my only chance to sell this bike is to find a buyer in the U.S. or in another country. I can send the bike to your home, shipping will take approximately 10 working days, after you receive the bike you have another two days to inspect it. When the inspection period end, the shipping company will contact you and if there are any issues with the bike you can refuse it. If all is good, and I'm sure it will be, they will help you with the transfer of ownership. If you are interested to buy write me back with your shipping information and your phone number(cell or home).
You won't find another bike in such condition.

Please reply, Thanks

Kalle S.

Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 17:06:57 -0800

Yes I am very interested. I live in X and am currently on a business trip in X; I had hoped to hear from you before yesterday as I had a layover in Chicago. Anyway, have you had any water or fuel pump issues? Valve clearance adjusted? If I can get a buddy of mine to stop by to take a look would that be okay with you. Thanks.

On Dec 2, 2013, at 6:56 AM, Kalle Sjorberg wrote:

Hi,

The bike is still for sale. The price $6000 is correct, the bike is in perfect working state. No scratches, no dents, accident-free, full service history. Garage kept. The bike has never been dropped or damaged, and it has the original painting, the pictures speak for themselves. It has all the necessary documents (clear title in hand, original bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). The title is clear and it can be registered in any state without problems. Please e-mail me if you are interested to buy. Where are you located?

Thank you and I'm looking forward to hear from you soon.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
steveWFL
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,343
Been going on forever
'99 ZX9R - because I like the other one so much
'08 ZZR600 minty
steveWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Tangai
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Yeah, I actually had a scammer (who expected me to send him some money for a job he offered me) threaten to come to my house. I said, "Please come here—make my day."

There's a lot of "good" deals on motorcycles out there now days that are nothing but scams.
Tangai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWFL View Post
Been going on forever
+1, almost every time I post on craigslist I get this type of bullshit scam, it usually starts with "Is this bike still for sale" as the first email. Nothing new, will be around until the end of time like drinking and whoring.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Whoam
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
+1, almost every time I post on craigslist I get this type of bullshit scam, it usually starts with "Is this bike still for sale" as the first email. Nothing new, will be around until the end of time like drinking and whoring.
I got the even more generic version from an extra lazy scammer, "I hope this item is still for sale"