Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 04:31 AM   #31
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-shocker View Post
If you have no idea of the correct answer to the OPs question, then why bother to post up a response which simply isnt accurate?
hooboy, i was wondering when you your dumb ass was gonna jump in and spew some knowledge.

please tell me why i'm wrong? and then tell me how your post answers the OP's questions?
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more
stainlesscycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #32
muddyboots
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
A longer wheelbase, given the same front-end geometry, will also provide more straight-line stability at high rates of speed and acceleration.
You're not paying attention, the discussion is not about longer wheel base. Please read things before you respond.
muddyboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #33
foggy50361
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
Max acceleration rate typically occurs when the rear tire is just starting to break loose and the front end is just starting to lift off.
Totally agree
Were you captain of the stating the obvious club in school!

But what was all that C**p that was before it.
Dr Seuss. One man getting it right all the time
foggy50361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #34
foggy50361
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Light blue touch paper and stand well back

:c ob
Dr Seuss. One man getting it right all the time
foggy50361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #35
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Joe if you do not understand many of the interesting and helpful responses posted here, then maybe you should take the opportunity to learn, rather than simply indicating you do not understand?
You ignorant , pompous , bastard troll. MOST of the responses here are from blithering idiots like your trolling self. Interesting and helpful? Yeah , like you are. Twin-shitteryou can kiss my ass.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #36
joexr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
hooboy, i was wondering when you your dumb ass was gonna jump in and spew some knowledge.

please tell me why i'm wrong? and then tell me how your post answers the OP's questions?
He's just up to his trolling bullshit again. EVERYBODY KNOWS he doesn't know his ass from his elbow about ANYTHING anyway. You have to give him an F for effort though. He is a persistant TROLL.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #37
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
You ignorant , pompous , bastard troll. MOST of the responses here are from blithering idiots like your trolling self. Interesting and helpful? Yeah , like you are. Twin-shitteryou can kiss my ass.
That kind of supports the idea you dont have a clue on the subject matter of this thread? That being the case why bother to post?
Twin-shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #38
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
He's just up to his trolling bullshit again. EVERYBODY KNOWS he doesn't know his ass from his elbow about ANYTHING anyway. You have to give him an F for effort though. He is a persistant TROLL.
Please feel free to answer the OPs question Joe. Not seen very much from you that suggests you have even very basic technical knowledge, and most of your posts seem to be related to attacking others, who in most cases have forgotten more than you will ever know.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #39
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

I posted a real world example of where longer swinging arm is used to provide increased wheel grip. Please feel free to expand on this, and post up some accurate info related to rear end geometry.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #40
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I posted a real world example of where longer swinging arm is used to provide increased wheel grip. Please feel free to expand on this, and post up some accurate info related to rear end geometry.
i clearly posted
Quote:
decreasing rebound damping solves packing issues..the length of the swingarm should have little to do with this..
to which you replied :
Quote:
why bother to post up a response which simply isnt accurate?
and you are going to tell me why this is inaccurate? so you're saying the decreasing the rebound does not resolve suspension packing? if you actually READ the original post i posted, i was replying to LtDan's post about packing. not the swingarm traction question. a little off topic, yeah, but i was making a suggestion for another posters issue. bearing this in mind, i know how you read, so i've typed this post real slow. maybe that will help with your reading comprehension issues..
07 gasgas xc300-94 duc 900ss-86 morini camel (2)-84 IT200-83 IT175-78 guzzi lm1-77 pursang 250-76 morini 3 1/2 strada-76 frankentaco pursang 200-74 frankentaco pursang 200-74 morini 3 1/2 sport-74 mz ts250/0-74 puch 175 (3)-73 can-am 175tnt-71 guzzi frankeneldo-71 ossa Stiletto-70 frankentaco sherpa s(2)-66 morini corsarino(2)-63 morini corsaro + many more
Old 08-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #41
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

"Been reading the reviews of the new water cooled GS, and most talk about the 2 inch longer swing arm, and that that provides better traction in the dirt or off road.

Why"

Is the OP original question, why confuse the issue by posting up far from accurate stuff about suspension?
Old 08-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #42
stainlesscycle
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
"Been reading the reviews of the new water cooled GS, and most talk about the 2 inch longer swing arm, and that that provides better traction in the dirt or off road.

Why"

Is the OP original question, why confuse the issue by posting up far from accurate stuff about suspension?
like your post debating mine is not muddying up the thread? you clearly could have NOT posted anything, and the thread would have progressed it's natural course. instead you posted and fucked it all up with your typical argumentative post. my post was relevant, yours was just random bs like you always post.

you STILL have not answered why you debate my statement "decreasing rebound damping solves packing issues". i have already discounted ALL of your opinions, as youhave failed to show any real world motorycle experience

stainlesscycle screwed with this post 08-18-2013 at 06:17 AM
Old 08-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #43
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

You post was not relevant in any way to the OPs question. To be honest I cant see how anything which isnt correct technically is of much help to anyone?

The net means that people with little or no hands on experience and without even a basic understanding of technical matters, can easily set themselves up as self appointed experts.

However if I am wrong in this case, then I am sure you will be posting up an accurate response to the OPs original post.................
Old 08-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #44
joexr
Banned

Wicked

Quote:
The net means that people with little or no hands on experience and without even a basic understanding of technical matters, can easily set themselves up as self appointed experts.

This is YOU !
Old 08-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #45
Twin-shocker
Beastly Adventurer

Coming from someone who claims its a good idea to use autolube oil in 2T race bikes, thats a rather peculiar suggestion Joe...................lol

But as you seem to be claiming you are technically competent, why not have a go at answering the OPs original question?