Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #181
Thumpermeister
roost maker

Oddometer: 2,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ray View Post
The race was awesome from trackside. I can see why people think Indy is boring on TV though. It's real flat and almost fake looking in some areas.
Yeah, watching in person is always a lot better no matter what the venue.
Indy seems to have delivered a few, err...unexciting Moto GP races over the years though and I was ready to add this one to the list until the last couple laps!
Thumpermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #182
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Ducati ride is for a fair chunk more than that.
Quite right. The deal is for Euros, not USD. So, 2.5M Euro is 3.3M USD (and change). Not bad. If it is for even more, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumpermeister View Post

That said, it's the Ducati garage I would have liked to be the fly on the wall for! I'm not sure the Hayden "punting" move will prove as popular there as with FOX commentators and US fans...considering the risks and the fact it let one more satellite team bike (Smith) ahead of the works Ducatis!
One of the Ducati team members said live on air yesterday that Dovi and Hayden were already not speaking due to Dovi hitting Hayden at Assen and Laguna (just last race).

I am not sure, but I would bet Nicky doesn't plan to come out second best in any scrap with Dovi for the rest of the year.

I am not sure they will come to any sort of agreement or truce, but as Dovi says, what does it matter? They are fighting over 10th place.

Word is that the deal for Nicky to go to LCR on a production Honda is just waiting for signatures.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #183
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagofast View Post
No one at Ducati should be too surprised. Their two riders have been stuck at the back with only each other to race for 3+ years now. Plus, after getting dumped, Hayden had absolutely nothing to lose. It was still not a move I cheered. It was a pretty cheap shot from a guy that usually is full of class. He might have "owed" it to Dovi, but it was so poorly done that there was no payoff for NH doing it.

I'm much more fascinated at how Yamaha seems to be almost willfully letting themselves fall further and further behind Honda. And I think JL feels the same way. At some point, even a loyal guy like Lorenzo will get fed up. That's when the shit will hit the fan.

If you watched it on TV, we only saw the Ducs in one corner. They supposedly traded positions a few times in the last couple of laps, so I don't think we enough to judge it as a dirty move.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #184
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:

I'm much more fascinated at how Yamaha seems to be almost willfully letting themselves fall further and further behind Honda. And I think JL feels the same way. At some point, even a loyal guy like Lorenzo will get fed up. That's when the shit will hit the fan.

That's an absurd statement.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #185
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,431
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #186
Dagofast
Full giggety ahead.

Oddometer: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
That's an absurd statement.
Really? Lets see:

1. Still not racing a seamless gearbox. After how many years/races?
2. An ever growing HP deficit. Those Hondas are walking by on the straights. Unless you don't want to believe timing & scoring or your lying eyes.
3. The vaunted M1 is having obvious handling issues and looking pretty finicky to set up. But what would I know? That's just what JL, VR and CC had to say after the race yesterday. Even if JL tried to put most of the blame on his 'B-Stones.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the garage, how many new frames have Honda rolled out to narrow/negate that famous Yamaha handling advantage? How many fresh engines do MM and DP still have on the shelf compared to the boys on blue?

The signs are starting to point to trouble in tuning fork city.
Dagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #187
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Really? Lets see:

1. Still not racing a seamless gearbox. After how many years/races?
2. An ever growing HP deficit. Those Hondas are walking by on the straights. Unless you don't want to believe timing & scoring or your lying eyes.
3. The vaunted M1 is having obvious handling issues and looking pretty finicky to set up. But what would I know? That's just what JL, VR and CC had to say after the race yesterday. Even if JL tried to put most of the blame on his 'B-Stones.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the garage, how many new frames have Honda rolled out to narrow/negate that famous Yamaha handling advantage? How many fresh engines do MM and DP still have on the shelf compared to the boys on blue?

The signs are starting to point to trouble in tuning fork city.
If they don't have the money to spend then there isn't much they can do. Doesn't mean they are happy about it or not trying as hard as they can. How many years with no primary sponsor? Your statement suggests they are nearly content with the situation which is surely far from the truth.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #188
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Quite right. The deal is for Euros, not USD. So, 2.5M Euro is 3.3M USD (and change). Not bad. If it is for even more, .

It's more than that... ;-)
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #189
DogBoy
Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,477
Quote:
Quit saying "its more" or "more than that" and just say what it is. Jeez, Krop this isn't a game show.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #190
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
They have to pay for screwing him last year, too?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #191
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,498
Quote:
Good question. From what I've heard, the 2014 Desmosedici will be significantly different to this year's bike. Sucks for Hayden to lose his ride this year, just when big changes are starting to happen. 2015, Ducati might even be actually competitive.
Just like it was going to be "significantly different" in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, etc...

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #192
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Word is that the deal for Nicky to go to LCR on a production Honda is just waiting for signatures.
That describes any formal offer doesn't it? Including the low ones.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #193
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbikemike View Post
Just like it was going to be "significantly different" in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, etc...
Yep, believe it when I see it.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:42 AM   #194
tinhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
What's been said about the race is enough for me, on my way back in Coudersport PA.

About Ducati-
I've had it up to here with them! If/ when I hear that goddam Gobmaier again talking about how the team structure has changed and the organization chart is all different now, I'm going to puke.

Doesn't the VW empire own any machine tools, and have machinists and welders who can run them?
BUILD ANOTHER BIKE ALREADY!!!
WHAT YOU ARE RACING NOW SUCKS!!!
tinhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #195
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,793
Quote:
Quote:
Really? Lets see:
the absurd thing is "wilfully".They are doing their best,just as Ducati are doing there best.Jlo looked pretty damn good for most of the race,and if the tyre starts sliding around(or whatever) thats it,the performance edge these guys need to compete at the front is gone.
You may think that you know better how Ducati or Yamaha utilise their resources but it seems at the moment Honda has the advantage.I beleive they have turned a corner and realise the rider is important for two reasons.Firstly to win a champoinship you need a champion,and you need the best bike.The best riders also know what a good bike is,and how to change it to make it better.