Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #46
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
I'm with Tancakar on this one... stock is best...

+1
Old 08-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #47
Dan950ser
NW Shredder

Oddometer: 410
Pretty sure powercell was being sarcastic. Have you seen his bike?

2014 KTM 250 XC-W
Old 08-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #48
charlie264
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan950ser View Post
Pretty sure powercell was being sarcastic. Have you seen his bike?
Snob more like.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #49
PowerCell
SE990R

Oddometer: 2,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Snob more like.

No, seriously, Tan-canker has helped me see the light! I'm going back to full-stock, so anyone that might have purchased any original parts from me... Imma gonna need 'em all back...

www.powercellperformance.com
Old 08-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #50
PPiA
Pete

Oddometer: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Of course it doesn't guarantee quality depending on the offroad you can still bend the woodsy too. Ktm put lighter wheels on both bikes so they have got better high speed or cornering stability.

I have ridden a carbon wheel sports bike and the cornering is fantastic and also it turns very quick. So may be there is a reason behind it.

Well mind you human being just moans a lot even ktm put bloody steel wheels if they can ,people still moan.

He should go pay 1000 each and buy new wheels I don't care.
The weight is not the issue, its the cost.
The stock rims are made of inferior/cheaper material which will bend easier than quality/expensive rims.

So what if the OP's wheels are not new. If they are in good condition and they fit, that's perfect for their intended use.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #51
Frog uk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST ENTERTAINING THREAD ON ANY BIKE FORUM FOR MONTHS

keep em coming Tankacar, your views on the 1190 are like a breath of fresh air, you sure can teach a few of the oldies on here a thing or two.

: happay

Frog uk screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 02:10 PM
Old 08-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #52
mcmann
Motorcycle Maniac

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPiA View Post
The weight is not the issue, its the cost.
The stock rims are made of inferior/cheaper material which will bend easier than quality/expensive rims.

So what if the OP's wheels are not new. If they are in good condition and they fit, that's perfect for their intended use.

Sounds like the rear will swap out, but not the front. Woodys are stronger due to their 90 degree lacing etc. Notice how the spokes support each side . . .

After studying the problem of broken spokes, Woody discovered that it would be possible to strengthen the structure of the wheel by altering the lace pattern so that each spoke was routed as closely as possible to a 90 degree angle between the hub and rim. This allows the most direct transfer of energy through the spoke to the hub and rim. Since this method requires drilling the rim holes to point in a new direction, Woody decided to add to the strength factor by drilling and countersinking the rim to allow for oversized spokes and nipples. Called SUPERSIZING, this process spreads the workload over a larger surface area under the nipple. The net result is the ability to torque the spokes tighter than possible with OEM spokes and nipples making a stronger, more durable wheel.

2011 DL650 V-Strom "Real World"
2014 FZ-09 for the "WOW World"

mcmann screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 02:22 PM
Old 08-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #53
PS-RagE OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
i am sorry but why the fuckk would you want to put 2004 wheels on your 2013 bike ? are you actually know anything about offroad?
Wow ... quite the thread you got going here

Anyhow, I would want to do that because these are real offroad wheels with 1.85" A60 up front and a 2.5" rear (606/908 combination).

I still would keep the factory wheels for touring.

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
Old 08-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #54
Douf
Limey Bitch

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog uk View Post
THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST ENTERTAINING THREAD ON ANY BIKE FORUM FOR MONTHS
keep em coming Tankacar, your views on the 1190 are like a breath of fresh air, you sure can teach a few of the oldies on here a thing or two.
+1 I haven't logged onto JM all day - that's gotta be worth something.

Quote:
I ride 15.000 miles a year all season. I don't even have a car licence I ride motorcycles nearly 15 years.
Respect - even if that's ALL road based, I'll bet that's more committed than most of you girls here. I'm sure even the legendary Powercell has a cute little truck in which to pick up all those pretty little carbon fiber bits. Regardless, it's good fodder for our perennial rivalry with the Starbucks boys: 'Suck it Gspot, even the OC hair dressers do 15K/yr'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKL View Post
Would explain why he feels he needs 150hp to ride around London's 30mph limits, bit of an inferiority complex?

You did all get the bit about him not being British didn't you, just saying.
Sounds like he fits right in, although - personally speaking - I never felt my sportbike + one piece leathers were anything other than fully justified.

Carry on.

Douf
Old 08-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #55
mcmann
Motorcycle Maniac

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
I ride 15.000 miles a year all season. My bike cost me 14100, so I think I do have the right to comment to anything in this forum just because I am a all season motorbike rider and I have a Ktm adventure. I don't even have a car licence I ride motorcycles nearly 15 years. Yes I didn't ride offroad as much but it doesn't mean I don't know a fuck about it. So what I want to say is why can't I comment on something I don't agree and have to shut up ?
If you ride off road like you ride in the city (see below) . . . You would need a winch to get your bike back up the side of a hill . . . Looks like you cut the last car off . . . We give cars more room when passing in the U.S.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ARkSGSF...%3DARkSGSFLtuM

2011 DL650 V-Strom "Real World"
2014 FZ-09 for the "WOW World"

mcmann screwed with this post 08-13-2013 at 05:02 PM
Old 08-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #56
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Why on earth did Pydon put a set of woodies wheels on his 2013 450 R dakar bike? When the bike came with perfectly good set off road wheels....Just crazy.

Still at least he made up for the obvious bad decision by coming 46th in the worlds hardest enduro event for bikes....

because he was going to do DAKAR RACING and ofcourse he would upgrade everything to the maximum.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #57
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmann View Post
If you ride off road like you ride in the city (see below) . . . You would need a winch to get your bike back up the side of a hill:
says who ?
and why did you see any mistake in my road position ? or did you get any advance training for road ? it isnt city mate it is an "A road".
Old 08-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #58
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
No, seriously, Tan-canker has helped me see the light! I'm going back to full-stock, so anyone that might have purchased any original parts from me... Imma gonna need 'em all back...

how funny do you even got a KTM 1190 adventure?
Old 08-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #59
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,534
Quote:
how funny do you even got a KTM 1190 adventure?
Hey T...

Thanks for the insight...

When off road do feel the stock muffler bearings are adequate? Do you recommend an upgrade?
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Old 08-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #60
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goti View Post
Tancakar, why don't you just take a deep breath, relax, and read this whole thread again. And a few other threads where you were stating facts that are not true or you have no idea about them, like suggesting to a guy that rides his R hard that he should loose some weight cause he bottoms out the forks. Not knowing is fine, we all do, that's why we ask. But usually when someone has no idea about what people are talking about it's better to just shut up, as you should, so you learn and leave the guys who know to answer the question. The OP would appreciate that too since he was looking for an answer, not for your "why the fuck" comments.

Rims get dented. 9X0 rims are soft and they get dented, I still have to see ONE 950/990 without a front dented rim if it was ridden hard off road. 1190 rims are even softer and people who rides hard are realizing about this, here in Chile the same guy who was able to ride hard his 990 off road with OEM -and dented- wheels for years dented both 1190 rims, he had to put tubes on them. Should be scary as hell suddenly loosing the air pressure at speed, isn't it?
I won't even talk about pressures when riding off road, you look for that info and try to figure things out.

From another forum. This happened

When he was riding here:

His comments:
It wasnt a ROCK. It was on a nice gravel highway. Some of the rocks are in the road, half underground, other half sticking out. Nice and round of the years of riding over them. So I come over the rise, see the stone/rock, try to miss it but dont do much effort cause I know it wont do anything to the bike. I was on 160kph. So the front clips the stone/rock/boulder wtf ever and I hardly feel any impact on steering.

Next moment, still at 160, the front wheel goes INSTANTLY FLAT!! FFS!!!! First time ever this happened to me.
Bike pulls left, you turn right, fuckall happens!! It runs where it wants to!! So I locked up rear brake, and try my best to keep the front end on the gravel as far as I can. Eventually stopped in the veld next to the fence
man comon he hits a rock at 100mph ! for fuck sake ofcourse that would bend. he probly run lower tire pressure as well.

ANYWAY I AM GOING TO STOP THIS ANSWERING BUSINESS I CAN ANSWER ALL OF YOUR UNFAIR COMMENTS :)

I STILL WILL SAY MY BIT:

Firstly if someone buying an adventure R 1190 and really things that off road will bend the wheels go and fucking spend all your money on it i dont care really. all i said was "why the fuck would you want that wheels. do you even know about offroad."go buy an exhaust or paniers or subguard or fog lights or what ever you like to upgrade but wheels ? alittle too extreme unless you will do 100 mhp on a straight gravel road ! or you are going to join dakar with your bike.

there is nothing wrong with the orginal wheels. i dont preciate people dont know anything about me, my biking skills and passion about bikes to comment and say that i am a COCK or being sarcastic to me. i ride bikes not put lots of expensive parts on it and put it in a garage like some of you guys. if i cant comment on a topic and tell my view about something fuck you. simple.

you guys are quite similar specialy the old KTM lot. 950 is amazing 990 is fantastic , 1190 not sure! Majorty of the comments about adventure 1190
are silly. why the bike doesnt have tube system ? why the bike is this and that now the wheels, just fuckk off if you want to upgrade go and do it but if you asking people what they thing . this is what i think ! DOESNT WORTH IT .

lots of you guys didnt read my comments correctly. so at least read this one take your time and then answer.

But saying you dont know nothing, you are not british, you are cock, you got 150 hp bike you dont need it , you are this and you are that is NOT ON. comment againts the topic not to me i am behind my word and i am behind what i believe all the time.
Closed Thread