ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 01:23 AM   #76
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Yascher's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Moscow, Russia
Oddometer: 388
Just in case somebody wants to try tubeless 19/17 from 1190 on 990-IT WILL NOT FIT!!! due to a bigger brake disks and different fitting diameter of these disks, therefore either you need to change for 320mm brake calipers, or find 310mm brake disks with the same fitting diameter as the 1190 ones. Rear disk might have same fitting diameter as 990, and could be retrofitted, but needs confirmation, as I gave up after front didn't fit and so far pretty happy with a set of Alpinas))))
Yascher is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 05:17 AM   #77
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Tancakar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: London , UK
Oddometer: 357
All I read again people calling me names look don't do that I write here something to actually show people that you don't have to change your wheels why you fucking don't understand ?

Watch the video I send then talk about my comments. I didn't fucking knew that this forum got such losers like this commenting on my comments! Just fuck off write your on view not attack me about my view. One more time i see one more thing here I am gonna write something to that person and make him small and I don't want to do that so back off.!

If you don't agree my view its ok you write your own view ! Well I guess majority of you don't have clue about what I actually mean to say anyway.
Tancakar is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #78
cdndog
Adventurer
 
cdndog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: SW Ontario
Oddometer: 80
WOW! Here's your hat, what's your hurry? http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=909126
Dammit,205'd.

cdndog screwed with this post 08-14-2013 at 06:29 AM
cdndog is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 06:13 AM   #79
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,334
Ok Guys and Girl,

Let's settle it down a touch, mkay.


Thanks from your friendly ADV Mod.
nevgriff64 is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #80
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Tancakar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: London , UK
Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdndog View Post
WOW! Here's your hat, what's your hurry? http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=909126
Dammit,205'd.
Lets say I sadly realise this bike isn't for two up in long term.
Tancakar is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #81
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Tancakar's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: London , UK
Oddometer: 357
Who ever commented on my comment about the adventure standard model isn't good offroad bike. AND AGAIN THERE IS NO COMPLAINS ABOUT THE WHEELS!

Some of you in here got too much to say but no idea about the real thing, watch this I am sure this bike getting a lot of offroad and the wheels still alive. Some idiot doing 100 mph on the gravel and bend his wheel isn't a big deal. You should all watch some videos online about this bike and what is capable of before going spending 1000s of dollars on your wheels.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=g...&v=lngn_N6KZqM
Tancakar is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #82
nevgriff64
Spelt with 2 ffs
 
nevgriff64's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia
Oddometer: 13,334
Tancakar,

You have said your piece and made your point, probably a good idea to let it go and move along.

Thanks.
nevgriff64 is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #83
PS-RagE OP
Studly Adventurer
 
PS-RagE's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Northern Ontario
Oddometer: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
All I read again people calling me names look don't do that I write here something to actually show people that you don't have to change your wheels why you fucking don't understand ?

Watch the video I send then talk about my comments. I didn't fucking knew that this forum got such losers like this commenting on my comments! Just fuck off write your on view not attack me about my view. One more time i see one more thing here I am gonna write something to that person and make him small and I don't want to do that so back off.!

If you don't agree my view its ok you write your own view ! Well I guess majority of you don't have clue about what I actually mean to say anyway.

The "problem" here is that when an honest question regarding the reuse of rather costly aftermarket part your opening remark is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
i am sorry but why the fuckk would you want to put 2004 wheels on your 2013 bike ? are you actually know anything about offroad?
Then when people who have been working on and riding these bikes for upwards of a decade respond to this "opinion" you come back over and over to defend your ignorant and offensive remark all based on the fact that you own one that you ride strictly on the road but have seen YouTube videos of people who took it offroad.

Sound about right?

I think I'll start this thread again.

.
__________________
A. Dale McLean
aka PS-RagE

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
PS-RagE is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #84
RoteEddie
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Fjords of Norway
Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
All I read again people calling me names look don't do that I write here something to actually show people that you don't have to change your wheels why you fucking don't understand ?

Watch the video I send then talk about my comments. I didn't fucking knew that this forum got such losers like this commenting on my comments! Just fuck off write your on view not attack me about my view. One more time i see one more thing here I am gonna write something to that person and make him small and I don't want to do that so back off.!

If you don't agree my view its ok you write your own view ! Well I guess majority of you don't have clue about what I actually mean to say anyway.
Tancakar, the way you put forward your self proclaimed wisdom is hilarious. Looking at your chicken strips it is amazing all this wisdom seems to be from roaming the streets of London
__________________
14' KTM 500EXC
13' KTM 1190 Adventure
12' Aprilia Tuono V4R APRC
12' KTM 690 Enduro R Evo2
RoteEddie is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #85
Paulev
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: Cheshire UK
Oddometer: 39
I thought this was a sensible forum, it's starting to look like those "tossers" on the Gs'er forum. I've just sold my BMW to get away from the b**locks they talk! I guess everybody has the right to an opinion but stop slagging each other off girls !

Tancaker, you need to appreciate that some people like to keep their bikes standard and jt ride them as the factory built them, nothing wrong with that.

Others of us like to play about and experiment with things that sometimes work and sometimes don't, but it's what we like to do.

Btw, only had the BMW for 6mths, whilst it was a great bike for covering big miles it was sooooo boring I couldn't wait to get back on my 990SM (which I kept in reserve) both are now going and I've got a new 1190 R arriving 1st Sept with every option (apart from the KTM boxes) on it. Can't wait to start swapping bits around and making it individual !
Paulev is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #86
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry
 
LocuL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Denmark - Jutland
Oddometer: 1,160
I know this is OT, but this is more stated for the Mods. Well this should have been taken care of already. Isnīt there a limit to bad behaviour in this forum. Seriously, this isnīt grown up.

Mods...do some thing.


Delete thread, delete Tancake

thanks
__________________
KTM 950(1190) Adv-s, Soon to be Project 1190
KTM 530 EXC-R 08
LocuL is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #87
RadoR6
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester UK
Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulev View Post
I thought this was a sensible forum, it's starting to look like those "tossers" on the Gs'er forum. I've just sold my BMW to get away from the b**locks they talk! I guess everybody has the right to an opinion but stop slagging each other off girls !

Tancaker, you need to appreciate that some people like to keep their bikes standard and jt ride them as the factory built them, nothing wrong with that.

Others of us like to play about and experiment with things that sometimes work and sometimes don't, but it's what we like to do.

Btw, only had the BMW for 6mths, whilst it was a great bike for covering big miles it was sooooo boring I couldn't wait to get back on my 990SM (which I kept in reserve) both are now going and I've got a new 1190 R arriving 1st Sept with every option (apart from the KTM boxes) on it. Can't wait to start swapping bits around and making it individual !
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
I know this is OT, but this is more stated for the Mods. Well this should have been taken care of already. Isnīt there a limit to bad behaviour in this forum. Seriously, this isnīt grown up.

Mods...do some thing.


Delete thread, delete Tancake

thanks
Come on guys, don't take it so seriously.Things like this are on my national bike forum www.motoride.sk on daily bases and quite often reading some of comments makes you really laugh.Tancakar already wrote himself off and I don't think he'll have much more to say. And life goes on...
RadoR6 is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #88
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin
 
DesertSurfer's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: City of the Angels
Oddometer: 1,228
Back to the good info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS-RagE View Post
I think I'll start this thread again.
There's some valuable info getting passed around here regarding whether 990/950 and 1190 wheels are compatible or not. I'm sure there are a ton of us 990/950 owners curious if 1190 rear T/L wheels will fit our bikes... Or if 990/950 aftermarket supermoto wheels like Woody's or Alpinas will fit the 1190. Since those of us in the US have no 1190 to fiddle with, we're relying on the value of this thread and forum.

And any one out there ( names withheld) not understanding the importance of this information, please simply sit back, observe and maybe learn something. And please don't misdirect this thread with clueless, ignorant or unnecessary remarks. There are others ( perhaps more experienced) out there who deem this information useful and timely. Or else simply just STFU.

Shall we please carry on!
__________________
'"This whole memory lapse is gett'in to me. Hopefully I think I'll outgrow it."
DesertSurfer is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #89
Incredulous
Peanut Gallery
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: The O.V.
Oddometer: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
All I read again people calling me names look don't do that I write here something to actually show people that you don't have to change your wheels why you fucking don't understand ?

Watch the video I send then talk about my comments. I didn't fucking knew that this forum got such losers like this commenting on my comments! Just fuck off write your on view not attack me about my view. One more time i see one more thing here I am gonna write something to that person and make him small and I don't want to do that so back off.!

If you don't agree my view its ok you write your own view ! Well I guess majority of you don't have clue about what I actually mean to say anyway.
So, can I ask where you are originally from and what is your native language? It cannot be English...

Just curious.
Incredulous is offline  
Old 08-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #90
lulo
Cochino Aventurero
 
lulo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: NNJ
Oddometer: 1,129
I think he decided to sell once he found out he couldn't swap the wheels out
__________________
Felipe
"Deus Ex Machina"
lulo is offline  
Closed Thread

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014