ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Ticket!

So, got on a quick ride with my big cruiser at lunch time. Trying to go over Cornelius Pass, but it's close. So, I take Loggie Rd, towards Hwy30. Now this is not the first time I do that on my 800# bike, so I knew what's ahead: sweet twisties, but with gravel in the midle of them. And to add to the fun there's parts where the road turns into 1.5 lanes only.

So I go. And turn and slowly lean. and there's these cagers running on my whole half a lane that I have in some corners. Pretty scarry. I'm on the offense, cause that's the best defense!

All good, get to the bottom and about to turn left (West) on Hwy 30. I get to "ALMOST A STOP" and see a big line of cars comming from right side. If I put my foot down I'm hosed, gotta wait too long.

So, I gun it. Well, fun ends here. Cop was on the left and is on me. I am the nice guy, and wait for it to turn around and catch up with me (big mistake). So here I pull over, she (looks like a dyke) comes out and we go over the normal stuff. THen she ask for my papers. I tell her I need to pull my pants down for that. DO YOU CARRY A GUN? I almost went with the joke, but I knew betta. She comes back to tell me that I got lucky for not getting cited for construction zone (WTF, were are the signs???) and she's doing me a favor.

A 260 clams FAVOR!

I proceed, pissed as fuck! She was sitting a few hundred yards from the edge of the county. And don't tell me they do it for safety

So, any of you shmucks know how to talk my way out of it? Gotta go to the Peoples Republic of Portland courthouse on Wed. I hear people get like a slap on the hands and gotta take some class. How to a plead that?! Or I just go to the cleark, and they give me a 50$ discount if I don't waiste the judges time.

Tell me! Cause that amount of clams could buy me a shitload of gas (no farkles, I promise...)

FES screwed with this post 08-12-2013 at 07:18 PM
FES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
FLYING EYEBALL
out of step

Oddometer: 10,336
a claim of ignorance shouldn't be a stretch for you :shrug

my photos http://jskustoms.smugmug.com/

save yourself some $ with my smuggy discount code qvMaWy1bTFU7c
FLYING EYEBALL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Lol! I tried ignorance before. Got away w some much crap before, using my poor english card. Along with a eastern European DL! BUT my luck has run out, for the past 10 years or so...

Do I ask the clerk to go to defensive school driving (which I will never rode passive on a bike! ) . Or do I need to see the judge? !

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #4
Motomantra
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,043
Sorry.
It's all about the money, now.
Buy me a beer, I'll tell you another cop story......
Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
LittlePosum
Scrappy Marsupial

Oddometer: 258
Maybe you've already heard this one....

They call those flashy things in your rear view mirror sex lights because you're just going to get fucked.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePosum View Post
They call those flashy things in your rear view mirror sex lights because you're just going to get fucked.
That's just funny, pAinfully funny
Old 08-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
Craig McCurdy
BIGMAC

Oddometer: 1,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePosum View Post
Well in this case, maybe for some! But he only got a ticket...
Craig McCurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
Wilder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
What was the ticket for? incomplete stop? damn, 260 seems a little exsessive for that.
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilder View Post
What was the ticket for? incomplete stop? damn, 260 seems a little exsessive for that.
Yup. Failure to comply with a traffic sign, or somethin like that.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
caslaw
Pig Wrestler

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FES View Post
Lol! I tried ignorance before. Got away w some much crap before, using my poor english card. Along with a eastern European DL! BUT my luck has run out, for the past 10 years or so...

Do I ask the clerk to go to defensive school driving (which I will never rode passive on a bike! ) . Or do I need to see the judge? !

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Plead not guilty. Register and take this class. Then take your certificate to your appearance and show it to the citing officer and request a dismissal. If you have a clean record and a better attitude you should get a dismissal. However if you question the citing officer's sexual orientation or want to make a political statement about Portland you should grab your ankles instead.

Your mistake was you did not see the police car because you were in such a hurry. You made a lot of noise rolling through a stop sign right in from of a cop. Hwy 30 is a particularly favorite spot for Multco Sheriff (the green cars). This was too easy. The cop was doing her job - you were not doing yours.

And yes, she did you a $260 favor. It should have been $520.
caslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks Caslaw.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
caslaw
Pig Wrestler

Quote:
Thanks Caslaw.
No problem. Tough love.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #13
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer

too late for the class now, since the "meeting" is tommorow. I will try to talk with the judge to see if I can take the class then he could dismiss it...
Old 08-13-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
caslaw
Pig Wrestler

Quote:
too late for the class now, since the "meeting" is tommorow. I will try to talk with the judge to see if I can take the class then he could dismiss it...
Talk to the officer not the judge. The officer will need to agree to a postponement so you can do the class. Don't expect the judge to bail you out. You will then need to come back and give the certificate to the officer. If the officer does not show, ask for a dismissal from the judge.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
FES OP
Gnarly Adventurer

WHat? where do I get to talk with the officer. I doubt she'll be in court. I did not plead not guilty, so they won't be there.