ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #1231
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 737
South Pass / Hunter Mtn.

Just bringing this to the top. Is the north end of the park getting any snow or rain in this last series of storms? I am in the NW but am glad to see some relief in your water problem.
__________________
.
Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #1232
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new
 
2on2off's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Central California
Oddometer: 1,265
South Pass in good condition with no snow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
Just bringing this to the top. Is the north end of the park getting any snow or rain in this last series of storms? I am in the NW but am glad to see some relief in your water problem.
As of 2/16/14, oldbmw reports "no snow on South Pass and it is easy to ride." No report from him on Hunter Mtn or North Pass as he did not ride there.
__________________
Jim
I came to ride...........
2on2off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #1233
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 5,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
Just bringing this to the top. Is the north end of the park getting any snow or rain in this last series of storms? I am in the NW but am glad to see some relief in your water problem.
Hmmm...Friday Harbor eh? Left the PNW 20 years ago but grew up boating in the San Juans and Canadian Gulf islands.

Are you coming down to DV for a ride?

Oh, and we haven't gotten enough rain or snow fall to do jack on the drought.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR Laguna Seca 2012 RR Sequoia 3-Day Campout Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #1234
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneye View Post
Hmmm...Friday Harbor eh? Left the PNW 20 years ago but grew up boating in the San Juans and Canadian Gulf islands.

Are you coming down to DV for a ride?

Oh, and we haven't gotten enough rain or snow fall to do jack on the drought.
But we got just enough for great riding in the mountains...
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #1235
Ironwood
Friday Harbor, WA
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 737
We are coming down about the 2nd of March. Small group staying at Panamint Resort. Have been coming down for several years. Anyone else out there that week? Joe
__________________
.
Ironwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #1236
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,283
Wildrose Cyn

Wildose Cyn in the Park is open, top and bottom gates are open.

There are County closed signs on a saw horses on the County portion of the road just above the Panamint Valley road but road is passable with some sand, gravel, and rocks on it.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #1237
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS
 
browneye's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 5,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
We are coming down about the 2nd of March. Small group staying at Panamint Resort. Have been coming down for several years. Anyone else out there that week? Joe
200 riders 3 weeks later...

A few of us are talking about pre-running some routes up there...no dates yet.
__________________
Chris Brown - "The Browneye"
"Without Motorcycles, People Live Very Boring Lives." - Malcolm Smith
Camp Nelson 2014 RR Laguna Seca 2012 RR Sequoia 3-Day Campout Thanksgiving 2012
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #1238
Ol Man
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Apple Valley, Calif
Oddometer: 226
About 20 of us Honda Valkyrie riders will be in Death Valley on Sat/Sun this weekend and staying in Beatty Sat night. The weather looks perfect.
Ol Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #1239
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new
 
2on2off's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Central California
Oddometer: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Man View Post
About 20 of us Honda Valkyrie riders will be in Death Valley on Sat/Sun this weekend and staying in Beatty Sat night. The weather looks perfect.
20 Valkyrie's rolling down the road would be quite a sight. Be sure to post some pictures if you wind up riding some of the dirt sections of the roads under repair.

Your group is probably not planning on riding to The Race Track.
__________________
Jim
I came to ride...........
2on2off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #1240
radbrad511
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: San Clemente
Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Man View Post
About 20 of us Honda Valkyrie riders will be in Death Valley on Sat/Sun this weekend and staying in Beatty Sat night. The weather looks perfect.
Makes ya want a Valkyrie! Good Times to you guys.
radbrad511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #1241
Ol Man
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Apple Valley, Calif
Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2on2off View Post
20 Valkyrie's rolling down the road would be quite a sight. Be sure to post some pictures if you wind up riding some of the dirt sections of the roads under repair.

Your group is probably not planning on riding to The Race Track.
I have other bikes for dirt. These guys are over 700 pounds and would not be fun to pick up.
Ol Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:44 AM   #1242
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Man View Post
I have other bikes for dirt. These guys are over 700 pounds and would not be fun to pick up.
So NO echo canyon
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:29 AM   #1243
2on2off OP
Head'n somewhere new
 
2on2off's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Central California
Oddometer: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Man View Post
I have other bikes for dirt. These guys are over 700 pounds and would not be fun to pick up.
I know what you mean. My street bike is even heavier. So many great bikes these days.
__________________
Jim
I came to ride...........
2on2off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #1244
oldbmw
havehandlebarswillrideit
 
oldbmw's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Reedley, CA
Oddometer: 174
Harassed by angry rangers mad at Jerry Counts

I was riding this week end with two other riding buddies just out of Trona, CA on the Escape Route on a legal trail with legal bikes when we were stopped by a Ranger ready to ticket us for being involved in an illegal Count Down dual sport ride promoted by Jerry Counts with out proper permits. We had to talk for quite some time to finally convince the Ranger that we were not part of the group riding in the Death Valley Dual Sport. What's up with that?

To quote Peter Fonda, "I just want to ride my machine and not get hassled by the "Man"........

Hey Jerry...........pull the permits next time!!!!

The other riders in the Dual Sport ride we met at Trona Valero got two tickets each rider. Sheeeesh
oldbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #1245
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmw View Post
I was riding this week end with two other riding buddies just out of Trona, CA on the Escape Route on a legal trail with legal bikes when we were stopped by a Ranger ready to ticket us for being involved in an illegal Count Down dual sport ride promoted by Jerry Counts with out proper permits. We had to talk for quite some time to finally convince the Ranger that we were not part of the group riding in the Death Valley Dual Sport. What's up with that?

To quote Peter Fonda, "I just want to ride my machine and not get hassled by the "Man"........

Hey Jerry...........pull the permits next time!!!!

The other riders in the Dual Sport ride we met at Trona Valero got two tickets each rider. Sheeeesh
The Escape route is outside the NPS boundary, that angry NPS ranger had no jurisdiction.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014