ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 AM   #1471
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma

Oddometer: 10,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
I was just over Mengel pass two weeks ago and don't recall any rocky steps -- just rocky.
The portion climbing out of Panamint Valley varies in this section. One rock step section busted the low exhaust on my 620 Adventure 10 years ago. Wet steps, no traction, no other line: just smash into it and let momentum carry you over.

Quote:
Ymmv and I'm sure you won't take my word for it anyway.
Different thread, different subject. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5boomers View Post
I think Lippincott would be easy on a TW200 either way .. I would keep an eye on your fuel .
I hear ya' on the fuel. People just don't comprehend the distances out there. I bought a 3 gallon aux tank for the rear. Waiting on a McMaster order to install it.
Donkey Hotey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #1472
Jenn
praise seitan!

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
The portion climbing out of Panamint Valley varies in this section. One rock step section busted the low exhaust on my 620 Adventure 10 years ago. Wet steps, no traction, no other line: just smash into it and let momentum carry you over.

Different thread, different subject. Thank you.

Obviously not - I just shared my observations and you til. Me they were incorrect! LOL!

Predictable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #1473
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma

Quote:
Obviously not - I just shared my observations and you til. Me they were incorrect! LOL!

Predictable
Look, if you want to troll, keep it to the other thread. I mentioned that it varies. That means that it changes. It depends on when they last ran a grader through there and what the rains have done. That's why this whole thread exists--to get CURRENT conditions. I thanked you for it. Keep your perpetual victim crap in the other thread.
Donkey Hotey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #1474
Jenn
praise seitan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
Look, if you want to troll, keep it to the other thread. I mentioned that it varies. That means that it changes. It depends on when they last ran a grader through there and what the rains have done. That's why this whole thread exists--to get CURRENT conditions. I thanked you for it. Keep your perpetual victim crap in the other thread.
Ok - so what you are saying is that my observations of 2 weeks ago are invalid AND when I call you on questioning the validity or recency of my observations, I'm pretending to be a victim?

I don't think this has anything to do with any discussion in particular - you just have no respect for me and don't consider me to be a human being capable of providing any information that is useful to you.

I did put pictures in my trip report, click through and you can see plenty of photos showing the condition of Mengel pass.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:28 PM   #1475
Donkey Hotey
De Jo Momma

No, I shared where the route often gets questionable on the Goler Wash route. That was an attempt to share some information in return--where you might expect it in the future. A little give-back in return for what you shared, since it sounds like that area is clean right now. It's not always so.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:39 PM   #1476
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,574
Mengal Pass?

Guys, we just sent hundreds of riders through there. If you don't know where the Goler steps are supposed to be you would just miss the whole thing. Once I got further up the canyon I thought to myself, 'Oh, that must have been Goler Wash".

I didn't go all they way over the pass but a bunch of them did. There are still the rock gardens before and after the pass but nothing pretty much anyone can't get through on a dualsport. A few big bikes get through there too, but not advised for any beginner riders on them.

Everybody seems to be so touchy these days. Just chill...
browneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #1477
Jenn
praise seitan!

I definitely think some routes are easier in one direction than the other -- going from geologist cabin to Mengel to Goler - didn't see anything that resembled steps like I did on my descent from lippincott (wait - didn't I say that already?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk